A1TD : Gears Of War 3. Re-opened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just after I posted this I found a fantastic model

http://std.kku.ac.th/5330407201/HALO%20Pepakura%20HD/Various%20Pepakura%20Files/gears%20of%20war/

I'm not sure who owns it as I found it on google. It doesn't have any edge IDs but you can put it together using pep designer :)

Working on the Lancer model as of yet. Sorry, community, but school has taken me away for the moment from making the weapons pep-ready. Also have to go back and fix some things about the longshot, too.
Keep ya posted!

EDIT:

Also took a look at that lancer... and It's just way too boxy for me. Going to try and finish the model, guys. Hang in there!

Hey, guys. Just want to let you guys know that the Retro lancer is almost ready.

I might be needing some help closing up some open edges(if there are any).

All I need is the Bayonet and the front part of the mag holder thing.

Speaking of the Retro Lancer, is there any way you can release the Retro lancer with the textures? It would be great reference material as well as any weapons you can get a whold of with the textures.

Hey, guys. Just want to let you guys know that the Retro lancer is almost ready.

I might be needing some help closing up some open edges(if there are any).

All I need is the Bayonet and the front part of the mag holder thing.

Speaking of the Retro Lancer, is there any way you can release the Retro lancer with the textures? It would be great reference material as well as any weapons you can get a whold of with the textures.

Not to mention that it'll enable us to HD-ify the models. I second that request!

Not to mention that it'll enable us to HD-ify the models. I second that request!
Totally!

By the way, Koshima, do you know how to get rid of open edges? The retro has has several open edges on most of the pieces. I did the best I can to get rid of them.

Do you think you can give me a hand?

sure, post a link and I'll take a look at it.
When I uploaded my edited version, I had already killed all of the open edges i could find.

starting up the engine, right now.

http://www.4shared.com/file/8NbNYlXW/Retro_test_2.html

There ya go, dude.

And also, if you can of course, would you mind putting the pieces where they should be?

The pieces are all of the place in the file becuase I was using them as a reference in Sketch-up. Ignore the Retro Lancer that's above the sectioned version below. I kinda forgot to take it off.

Gonna have to switch PC's for now, this one won't let me run the program. But I'll see what I can do.

Ok, here's what I've noticed. Alot of faces are flipped, and theres just a coule things you need to do to clean it up. I'm putting it all back together now. Hang on.

There's alot of white-on-grey areas that can be easily fixed. Of course, all you would need to do is smooth the faces to about 20.2 or so, and then delete the affected faces. Then go back and make simple edits to fill the faces back in.

Or, rather, I can select the whole peice, and paint it over in it's default color, and that should fix it.
There are a couple peices of geometry that should need tweaking, for balancing the entire mesh.

the clayton texture its easy to have, but it boring to edit, because, it 'mod' texture, not the 'really' texture, because, clayton and gus are equal, but we talk about this before, so,
now i try to do retrolancer, its easy and size for me are good.

Firstly your not texting. Spell out your words, its not gona kill you.

Secondly. Carmine file: To me the numbers are a waste of ink, just use the pep viewer to see where and how pieces go by clicking on the piece you want. If you really want the numbers click on "show edge id", the icon has 123 on it, top left.

Thirdly, DO NOT double post, there is a edit button for a reason.

Other than that good luck. ;)

MAAAAAADDDD! Just when I'm keen into the Halo, I wanna start a gears build. Anyone have the forearms and bicep plate (unfolded) for COG armour?

(With the chest piece on I will have to work on making my arms big.) Is there some future government issue (legal) steroid that the COG's use? I mean look at Carmine, hes massive aswell!

Let me start with WOW! Amazing job guys! I'm not new to pep, but I am new to this community, and I've never seen a place where files are shared so freely. It really speaks to the strength of the community that there are so many talented people who are willing to create quality models for the good of the community, and I thank you all for that.

I do have one question that hopefully won't be too much bother. In looking through all 56 pages of this thread, I've managed at one point or another to find pretty much every weapon file except the Hammerburst (GOW3), because all of the links for this are broken.

Can anyone point me to an unfolded Hammerburst file?

(With the chest piece on I will have to work on making my arms big.) Is there some future government issue (legal) steroid that the COG's use? I mean look at Carmine, hes massive aswell!

I think there is... I believe its a five letter word called, B-A-C-O-N... I mean just listen to how Carmine says it in the game.

"Ohh... Bacon..."

To anyone that can help. I am working on a costume for my son for Halloween and I am willing to pay someone to just make me a helmet. You do not have to resin it or paint it I can do that. We can do payment via paypal to secure the deal. Oh I need anone of the carmines helmets you pick lol. My email is jasonlovesadrienne@gmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back