Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo - Who's going?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo 2011 - Who's going?

So this thread is a bit late... But the Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo (aka CCEE, NOT ComicCon... There's already one of those in the San Diego, derp) is next weekend here in Calgary. It's one of the fastest, if not now, largest multi-genre convention in Canada. I'll spare you the details and blah blah and just link the site, like THIS.

But obvious reason why I made this thread, is I wanna see who all from the 405th's is coming!
I obviously will be going, as I have a table is artist alley (so please drop by and say hi!). I unfortunately won't have my armor done in time, oh well.
Attending:
-Hyo
-ROK Gmoney
-Longshot

And the main point of my making this thread, is I'd like to extent the invitation to my bbq/bday party/CCEE/pre-pax-excitement to those coming to expo. I'll be making a facebook event for this right now, and if you'd like to come, please RSVP to MY event there (as there are 'rules' that need be known...). (I'll link the event here after I've made it).
My facebook event: Here

I'm already going. Full suit with all the lights and sounds going.

Is your BBQ/Bday party taking place during the Calgary Con?

No, it'll be at my house, which isn't THAT far from where the con is being held. Con is being held in the round up center in downtown, and I'm either:
-A quick train tride of like 3-4 stops, then one bus ride up center st for about 10-13 stops, then you walk a block east
-5 mins drive from the con
-or if I have room in my car, can just come up with us when we leave
depending on how you're traveling. I live a 5 mins drive from city center, super easy to get to by any means of transportation. Hell, it'd take you only like 45 mins if that to walk to my place. XD

I am a goober! I totally didn't even see this and made a new one.... Frack i fail! D:< Is there any way to merge the two threads together?....

Just a preview of the shoot we this friday at the expo.... :)
264099_10150643639150403_814300402_19192783_6811212_n.jpg

Hey all, had a great time at the con! It was a pleasure meeting all of the different 405th's who came to Calgary, and are from Cow Town!

Big thanks to Longshot.... it was a blast hanging out with ya, and my son enjoyed having another Spartan around.... granted I think he's a little photo'd out. :)

Hey all, had a great time at the con! It was a pleasure meeting all of the different 405th's who came to Calgary, and are from Cow Town!

Big thanks to Longshot.... it was a blast hanging out with ya, and my son enjoyed having another Spartan around.... granted I think he's a little photo'd out. :)
YOU!!! *points like a mad woman* YOU WERE THAT JORGE WITH THE GRUNT SON, CORRECT!?!? (if not, nevermind this...) WTF!??! I heard you guys didn't make it into the contest or something? I saw you guys signing up the same time as me and you were at the sign in at 3:30.... so wtf happened? I'm hearing different things that they didn't let you in, or you dropped out, or didn't make the list, or what!!?? What happened!! I was looking forward to seeing you guys on stage, as well as I believe you both should have won something!!

Had a blast! Can't wait to be able to wear whatever partial armor I MAY finish before PAX :( lol I'll at least for sure have a helmet! haha

YOU!!! *points like a mad woman* YOU WERE THAT JORGE WITH THE GRUNT SON, CORRECT!?!? (if not, nevermind this...) WTF!??! I heard you guys didn't make it into the contest or something? I saw you guys signing up the same time as me and you were at the sign in at 3:30.... so wtf happened? I'm hearing different things that they didn't let you in, or you dropped out, or didn't make the list, or what!!?? What happened!! I was looking forward to seeing you guys on stage, as well as I believe you both should have won something!!

Well it seems they overbooked the people for the contest, so even though they signed us up, when we got there they didn't put us on the list. It was a little disappointing cause my son was really looking forward to showing off his costume. I'm not sure why they kept letting people sign up if they were already full, but what can ya do?

Well it seems they overbooked the people for the contest, so even though they signed us up, when we got there they didn't put us on the list. It was a little disappointing cause my son was really looking forward to showing off his costume. I'm not sure why they kept letting people sign up if they were already full, but what can ya do?
Ugh, that's sooo lame!
If you enter those costumes again next year, and if it's the same people running it, I'll have a word with them. I'm friends with them (and no, despite what some people might think, it's not rig; cause I didn't win lol [nor did I expect to]) and so next year I'll get them to hold a spot for you, because I think that was really unfair. Had I have known the list was full, I would have backed out and let you have my spot... Because I just entered for shiggles and to kill time sort of thing (that and I haven't entered a contest in a while, I'm usually busy running them or other things at other cons, and CCEE is the only one I can enter because I don't run it... lol).
So yeah, if you want to try again for next year, lemme know and I'll tell them to save a spot for you...

Ugh, that's sooo lame!
If you enter those costumes again next year, and if it's the same people running it, I'll have a word with them. I'm friends with them (and no, despite what some people might think, it's not rig; cause I didn't win lol [nor did I expect to]) and so next year I'll get them to hold a spot for you, because I think that was really unfair. Had I have known the list was full, I would have backed out and let you have my spot... Because I just entered for shiggles and to kill time sort of thing (that and I haven't entered a contest in a while, I'm usually busy running them or other things at other cons, and CCEE is the only one I can enter because I don't run it... lol).
So yeah, if you want to try again for next year, lemme know and I'll tell them to save a spot for you...

Well thanks! That's really nice of you to offer. I just hope my son will still fit in the costume! :) I did ask if they thought anyone would be willing to let him enter in their place, but I guess they didn't want to deal with the ramifications of mixing people around so they nixed that idea..... shrug.

Oh I understand you were working on an Arbiter costume! How is that going? Didn't you stream a bit of the process online?

Later!

Well had I have known sooner I would have gladly given up my spot and made sure you got in... But I didn't find out til much after. :(
Don't know if you're interested, but the next soonest most local con is Animethon, up in Edmonton, first weekend of August. Maybe try for that?

lol how ever did you know? XD Not many people knew I was working on an Arbiter... I started the planning for that last year and sort of touched base with starting to make it, but never really took off with that because I lacked funding.... And with that said, I probably won't pick up the project again unless I get funding. My primary focus this year is my Spartan. Maybe next year my big project I'll pick Arbiter back up, who knows...
I *think* I streamed a bit of that at one point, but I don't remember.

Hey because of all the great Halo costumes at the Calgary Expo, I decided to check this place out. I already know Hyokenseisou.
However it was talking with Longshot and seeing the armor is easier than vacuforming, it got me interested enough to join up.
Don't worry I'll be a good noob and read as much as I can before attempting anything

Acquaintance.
We have chatted many times at conventions, I usually call you by Izzy, because your forum name is hard to pronounce. We first met through Heather at Otafest many years ago.
I'm also friends with your table mate Lindsy, so I was hanging out at your table often through the weekend. That's when LongShot had a piece of his costume off and I was impressed with the crafting.
By the way the print you had of his costume looked really great, nice photography.

Edit:*Slaps head* buh I should have said my name here too. I'm Kim I was a zombie twice this weekend and a steampunk cowgirl on Saturday

Shoot! I missed this thread!
I was planning on going to the Calgary show, but backed out last minute. I wish I would have seen this first, I would have loved to come down and meet a few of you. I heard the show was great and I'll definitely try and make it next year.

I'm still getting the hang of this particular forum and don't frequent it as often as I should. I'll have to try and stay on top of it from now on.

Anyway from what I've heard it sounds like the show was a blast this year and has grown a lot since last year. That means next year it will be even bigger! We'll definitely have to make arrangements for a group get together next time around. I hope everyone who attended had a blast!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back