pep designer crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

tygo

I'm looking to get started on my first armor suit, still deciding on what to go for first but since Its my first project planning to just practice on some low difficulty models to get the scaling right and all. However... everytime i try and install the tamasoft pep viewer or designer latest version, the installation goes fine, but it crashes everytime i try to open the program. The error I get is just straight "Pepakura viewer ver.3.0.4 has stopped working."

I've restarted the computer, installed and re-installed, tried designer and viewer both, and on one occasion was able to open the viewer when it auto-launches after installation, but after closing it I was unable to open it again. Very frustrating as you can imagine, anyone else had this problem? Any ideas on what I can try to get the program going? Tamasoft help files seemed to be not much help at all... Thanks!

Don't think I can help but if you told us more about your system it may help, thinks like the OS and what browser you use as well as where you got you install files from etc.

Running Vista with all current update, Internet explorer latest version browser and downloaded direct from the tamasoft website as directed in the forums, any info would be very helpful! Works on my girlfriends computer so at least I have my pep started, but would really like it solved on my laptop so I can have details in front of me while cutting and folding. I emailed tamasoft help line to see if there is anything they can do to help, surprised I'm the only one with this issue!

I think 3.0.4 is already outdated anyway. I believe it's already on 3.0.7. Do you have the registration keys for your Designer?

Problem solved through Tamasoft email inquiry - Outdated video card drivers! Thanks for reading everyone and for all who tried to help, anyone facing this problem in the future - find out what brand of video card you have and google for the most up to date driver and it should fix the crash.

Well Im glad your problem is solved, I was about to say it might be because youre using Vista! :p I mean, Ive been a Windows guy my whole life, but Vista just isnt good. (Hope im not offending anyone though)

Well Im glad your problem is solved, I was about to say it might be because youre using Vista! :p I mean, Ive been a Windows guy my whole life, but Vista just isnt good. (Hope im not offending anyone though)
He's not running ME, thank God.

On topic, updating your device drivers is ALWAYS a good thing to do at least every couple of months.

He's not running ME, thank God

AAAAAAAAARGH!!! your melting my mind!!!!

The only thing I hate more than Windows ME are polititions :lol: as for drivers I tend to check every few months or when my games start to go wrong so I'm glad you managed to fix your problem easily ;)

I have this problem now and I am running windows vista buisness and my drivers are up to date

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back