Props Pelican Gun Case Design (need help)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCollector

RXO
405th Regiment Officer
Hey guys, so along with my ODST suit, I've finally got myself a pelican 1720 gun case to transport my replica weapons. I've decided to make it look like it popped out of the halo universe. Apart from a UNSC decal and maybe the ODST one, do you guys have any suggestions of what else I can add to make it look real?

watch the Landfall live action bit... there's a modded pelican hardcase used by the ODSTs to carry the designator in that movie. It didn't look very modified to me tho.

I had this problems in making some of my more plainer boxes, and what not, more interesting. I would probably throw in a bar code somewheres on the box, include hazards placards like "Do not let children play inside container" and such. Also it doesn't hurt to put on "Made on Reach" stamp somewhere's inconspicious. Also having a cargo manifest or "Place only these things in container" stamp doesn't hurt. I got plenty of ideas on how to make stuff like that interesting, but don't go as far as to plaster the container with information, after all it is a box.
I know there's a lot of containers in Halo 2 that have pictures and information on the boxes, that would probably be another good source to get references.

Not sure how close these containers are compared to the ones in Halo but when I was in the military, we used shipping containers like these:
Military_Storage_Container_Green_photo2_small.jpg
Military_Storage_Container_White_Small_Photo2_small.jpg
Military_Storage_Container_White_Small_Photo1_small.jpg

Here is a pic of a tag from one of the boxes that you can get some ideas from. You can also make some stencils/decals of the UNSC and/or ONI symbols to put on the container.
Military_Storage_Containers_Various_Sizes_in_Stock_photo39.jpg

CLICK HERE for the link to the military surplus site. Hope this helps and good luck.

I would suggest spraying it with OD green and adding any and all "official" letters or markings in the standard dark yellow. It's seen all throughout the halo games as such, so I think it'd be a quick and easy thing to do

I tried doing this for my ODST but I was dismayed of how expensive they were!

I just opted for a plastic rifle case and painted the "angry" Virgil on it:

I also put a radio in it!

case002.jpg

case005.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back