Dead Space 2 Security Helmet WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jico

Hello 405th. Another dead space 2 cardboard helmet by meXD I finished the base of the ds2 security helmet some days ago. I have been tweaking it the last few days and here is my progress:

securityhelmet2.jpg

securityhelmet3.jpg

securityhelmet1.jpg

I want to give a little credit to Toanmaru for helping me with some tweaking tips for the helmet:)

Im going to use urethane plastic to harden the inside and then full bondo the outside. I most likely would mold this when im done, but I'm currently dedicating my money to mold my odst helmet:p Hopefully I can sell of some odst casts ans mold this one:D Since the security helmet is made up from alot of parts, I cant have one big mold for it. I may cut it up and make box molds for each piece.

Stay Tuned! I will be updating this tread as soon as I do something new to the helmet:) I got alot of dead treads now since I'm taking a break from pepakura modeling:p But for the people that have asked me, I will make a pepakura modeling tutorial for the XSI mod tool 7.5 ;)

Thanks for your time!

Jico

wow i really like that. The other day i was talking with my friends and thought making a Dead Space 2 suit would be awesome.
I'll keep an eye on this thread for more updates

That's really cool looking. I have a question though. I'm new to the site and would like to know that what do you use the mold for? I what a mold is but do you actually cast it in metal or use a plastic or what?

That's really cool looking. I have a question though. I'm new to the site and would like to know that what do you use the mold for? I what a mold is but do you actually cast it in metal or use a plastic or what?
We usually cast them in plastic(mainly Ployurethane liquid plastic). This project is kinda on a hold at the moment since I don't have any money left to spend on it. But I hope once my ODST mold is complete, I can fund some money to continue this^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back