Props LeeKegan Spartan Laser Halo Reach

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeeKegan

Ben Streeper and I had been discussing building Halo Reach Spartan Lasers and he started his but I have been real busy with finals and hadn't got much done with mine. I spent the day doing a little more work on mine and here is some pics of what I have done so far.

Let me know what you think.

What I started with. Pic on the paper is from Ben.
SpartanLaser003.jpg

First rough cut of shape.
SpartanLaser004.jpg

First layer I added.
SpartanLaser005.jpg

Added trigger and some details.
SpartanLaser003-1.jpg

Switch for eventual laser.
SpartanLaser004-1.jpg

Ended up splitting into 2 parts.
SpartanLaser001.jpg

How I connected the halves together.
SpartanLaser002.jpg

Next section.
SpartanLaser006.jpg

SpartanLaser008.jpg

Next layer.
SpartanLaser009.jpg

SpartanLaser010.jpg

Further updates will be coming.

is it ok that i just like lost my mind for a few seconds? Lee. seriously, i thought you never would. THIS. IS. GOING. TO. BE. AWESOME.

Your work never ceases to amaze. Without a doubt, you sir, are one of the greatest woodworkers I have ever seen. I always love looking at your creations. When you add the laser, is it going to be a laser pointer-type light, or are you going to use one where you can actually see the beam (like the ones used in the Predator helmets)?

LEE, PLEASE!!! STOP THE MADNESS!!! I get chills every time I see your threads!
Looks great though, lets hope I don't collapse through your progress. :)

When you add the laser, is it going to be a laser pointer-type light, or are you going to use one where you can actually see the beam (like the ones used in the Predator helmets)?

It will probably be a one where you can see the beam.

Well, I guess I should start saving now. You're killing me lee. But I still love it!!!

Brandon, this may be a one off, but we will see.

Thanks everyone for your comments.

Last edited by a moderator:
Epic... just epic. It's about time... introducing the soon-to-be most bad-@$$ prop ever.... Can't wait to see more Lee! Your work is stunning, I have the utmost respect (and envy) for you!

Goodness gracious... Why do all of your projects have to be PERFECT? I can say this for sure though, the slayzer is probably going to be one of your most eipc.

That looks amazing! I wonder, are you planning on making the barrel extend and retract when pulling on the trigger, like in the games?

Ok I never thought 3 words could give me goose bumps but "LeKegan, spartan laser" just did. This is going to be one epic build and I so look forward to watching it evolve. And I'm def going to be saving up for this one if he decides to do a run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back