Custom Female Reach Armor: Foam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxas 56

Now that school is officially over for me for the next month, it is the perfect time to start my 1st complete foam build. I will be building my in game reach spartan:
playermodelashx-1.png

Here is the 1st progress pic i took to show how work was going and to make sure it looked right size wise to others considering I've been having some trouble with the scaling:
IMG000082.jpg

And here is what I got done before I had to quite for the day to go to work:
IMG_20110506_161756.jpg

So far the biggest challenge has been the shoulder points. They were a pain to make out of one piece.
When this is over, I'm gonna have quite a few seems to fix.

Looks like your getting it done pretty good, it just takes practice, the more you do the better you will get, keep up the good work

Waaaatchmeeeeen <3

Oh, nice build as well :p

Hopefully it will turn out as awesome as that CQB in your avatar, shall be watching :D

Hey, your build looks great so far! But i had one question, and thats if youre using my file? If you arnt, go ahead and ignore the rest of this lol. Anyway, if it is, youre going to run in to problems with it fitting correctly in the back. Check out Halogoddess's build and you'll see what i mean. Currently Halogoddess and i are working together to make a much better fitting model and it should be ready really really soon. Just thought you should know that.

Oh hi Ven!!! i didn't know that was you in that CQB!
looks good so far! Any weapons thoughts?
It is indeed me ;) I was a spartan long before I was a mandalorian. And I do have weapons in progress. I'm starting an eva foam BR55 to carry with it. I'm not a fan of the DMR so I'm skipping a generation weapon wise :p I also have a halo 3 magnum that needs some love so I'll be touching up and repairing it for this build.

Hey, your build looks great so far! But i had one question, and thats if youre using my file? If you arnt, go ahead and ignore the rest of this lol. Anyway, if it is, youre going to run in to problems with it fitting correctly in the back. Check out Halogoddess's build and you'll see what i mean. Currently Halogoddess and i are working together to make a much better fitting model and it should be ready really really soon. Just thought you should know that.
It is indeed your file and I have also seen her problem. I plan to fix it myself. I'm going to build the main armor shell part of it, then chop different lengths out of the shoulder area and under arm area until the depth is better. Once I fix that, I will then put in the neck and arm surrounds to seal in the body section.

At least that's the plan for now. I may redo it when your new file comes out cause the shoulder spikes had a minor accident when I was making them :p It just feels like a wast to throughout what I've made so far >.<

Let me know when the new file is ready and I'll see what happens ;)

this is a very promising build, but...what helmet is that? -loves it-
It is my Mandolorian helmet. More specifically, it's the Mando Commando which is a custom sculpt helmet combining the Republic Commando helmet and the standard mando helmet. ;)

I'm not surprised that foam has taken off like it has. It's much more friendly to work with.
Nice to see another girl spartan! :)

I now have most of the main torso built. I think the width problem can be resolved by not adding in a whole section of the under arm piece. I still have to add in the part the black part that goes around your arms, collar, ab plate, and the grill in the back. Then on to fixing all the edges and seems. Let me know what you think about how it looks ;)
IMG000083.jpg

IMG000084.jpg

IMG000085.jpg

Main construction done. Just have to do all the touch ups and detailing now.
Keep in mind, It doesn't look bent when the bottom parts are connected and it's on me. I'll get better pics of it with me wearing it tomorrow ;)
IMG_20110517_225227.jpg

IMG_20110517_225253.jpg

IMG_20110517_225305.jpg

Looks like you're off to a great start! Keep up the great work! btw, how/where did you get that pic of the custom Reach Spartan in the first post? I've seen a couple other ones, and I'd like to get one too

Looks like you're off to a great start! Keep up the great work! btw, how/where did you get that pic of the custom Reach Spartan in the first post? I've seen a couple other ones, and I'd like to get one too
I don't know where the others get them. But I got mine buy saving the picture of my in game Reach spartan from Bungie.net. Then I just uploaded it to photobucket.

Look what came in the mail this morning! :D
IMG_20110603_113727.jpg

Special thanks to BLACKULA727 for make suck an awesome helmet ;)
I'm painting this bad boy as we speak so keep an eye out for some more pictures :)

Here it is mostly done being painting :) Got some touch up to do and maybe a couple more details to put on as well as padding.
IMG000086.jpg

IMG000087.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back