Reach Suit Reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, outta sight. It looks awesome.
But you're gonna wear a wooden suit?
Wouldn't that be super-duper heavy?

ok I'm gonna give you a chance to think about that question and answer it for yourself. Go back and read the rest of this thread. I apologize if this seams insensitive but I'm not going to answer that, as my answer would seam even more insensitive

ok I'm gonna give you a chance to think about that question and answer it for yourself. Go back and read the rest of this thread. I apologize if this seams insensitive but I'm not going to answer that, as my answer would seam even more insensitive

^(snickering)^ yea i do alot of hand carved wooden molds and we normaly puttie em up and paint them black be4 we vac-form them

But wouldn't it be unique to be the only one with a wooden suit?

Started prepping this guy for molding.....
After I lacquered it I noticed several things that I couldn't see with the wood grain. So I have more sanding to do and some more patching :( but this guy is turning out pretty gosh darned sweet ;p

th_IMAG0158.jpgth_IMAG0159.jpgth_IMAG0160.jpgth_IMAG0162.jpg

Also started on the chest
th_IMAG0164.jpg

I lol'd when I read this question and Ben's answer haha. Deep breaths Ben, deep breaths, woo saa woo saa lol

I lol'd when I read this question and Ben's answer haha. Deep breaths Ben, deep breaths, woo saa woo saa lol

Hmm...I guess we all should be very happy that he's not into building baseball bats.

Helm's looking great. I can't wait to what a pull looks like from this one.

th_IMG_20111112_172154.jpgth_IMG_20111112_165915.jpgth_IMG_20111112_165910.jpg

Got the day off, so I cleaned up the Garage a bit and got back to work on the Jorge Helmet. I know I've been lacking in the updates but I've been working overtime every day since I got my new job. Anyway I'm off tomorrow too So I'm gonna try and get some of these bad boys cast up

Sorry for the lack of updates. Here is the first pull from the mold. Still need to do the cleanup work. But this will give you a general Idea...

th_11-9.jpgth_11-5.jpgth_11-3.jpgth_11-2.jpgth_11-1.jpg

Helmet #2 all cleaned up and ready for paint. You'll notice that I have drilled 2 holes where the leds go on the fore-head, and that I have removed a section on each chin side. The chin sides will get these frosted lexan panels to diffuse the light passing through them, while the top leds will act as a "flashlight". I also cut the details on the "breather: section all the way through for ventilation. The helmet is currently drying but the next step will be paint :)

th_100_5475.jpgth_100_5476.jpgth_100_5479.jpgth_100_5480.jpgth_100_5481.jpg

New updates :p

th_100_5482.jpgth_100_5483.jpgth_100_5484.jpgth_100_5485.jpgth_100_5489.jpgth_100_5490.jpg
378059_2442008006868_1151861815_32171129_16120530_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back