Reach Suit Reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenStreeper

Started my Halo Reach suit over. I finished putting together my cnc machine last night, and did a trial run today. I think this is going to help me dramatically with the build. Although the finished parts still need work I have to say it's sure better than pepping :p

th_IMAG1023.jpgth_IMAG1022.jpgth_IMAG1021.jpgth_IMAG1020.jpgth_IMAG1019.jpgth_IMAG1018.jpgth_IMAG1017.jpgth_IMAG1016.jpg

I almost went all out to make a cnc. Anyway you can put out a parts list? I would take what you have there over pepping any day! What material is that youre using?

i like.. i want to make a cnc but have looked around at the different kits and just don't know enough and which would be worth the money.. could you post some info on what you did for the cnc and some pics of it?

More updates today.
Got the last of 5 parts cut to make the bicep. I took some before and after shots of it glues together so that people can see what is left to be done after a "home-brew" cnc machine cuts stuff out.

Before
th_IMAG1032.jpgth_IMAG1031.jpgth_IMAG1030.jpgth_IMAG1029.jpgth_IMAG1028.jpg

After clean-up work and some basic detail work.
th_IMAG1039.jpgth_IMAG1038.jpgth_IMAG1036.jpgth_IMAG1035.jpgth_IMAG1034.jpgth_IMAG1033.jpg

Here on the back you can see my first vector-programming error. It can be fixed with some bondo but I am starting to get the hang of this :)
th_IMAG1037.jpg

Anyway... On this part you can see that I still have to seam up the wood, do some bondo "patching" and add quite a bit more detail. But over all I'm quite pleased with the results.

this looks awesome, i will be watching this, i really want a cnc machine, but only for milling weapons as big as the sniper rifle without the barrel, also i wont have the room untill my parents finish moving, i also don't know the first thing about programing one

Looks great so far.
You may want to try MDF rather than whatever stock you are currently using.
It takes to milling a lot easier as there is no grain to cause accidental splits.

Looks great so far.
You may want to try MDF rather than whatever stock you are currently using.
It takes to milling a lot easier as there is no grain to cause accidental splits.

I'll give that a shot when I run out of this stuff, thanks for the help :)

Here are today's updates.

Gauntlet: again I still have to seam it with bondo or something, and then do final detail work.
th_IMAG1040.jpgth_IMAG1041.jpgth_IMAG1042.jpgth_IMAG1043.jpgth_IMAG1044.jpgth_IMAG1045.jpg

Been a while since I updated this. I have had several sizing issues but here is an almost complete gauntlet that is the correct size, and a tac-pad add on for the gauntlets. The gauntlet has been detailed and now I just need to seam it up before molding. The Tac-pad is ready for the molding process and will be available soon.
th_IMAG0046.jpgth_IMAG0045.jpgth_IMAG0044.jpgth_IMAG0043.jpgth_IMAG0037.jpgth_IMAG0036.jpgth_IMAG0035.jpgth_IMAG0034.jpgth_IMAG0041.jpgth_IMAG0040.jpgth_IMAG0039.jpgth_IMAG0038.jpgth_IMAG0042.jpg

Hey Ben,
Rather than ask you a million and one question about your CNC process, do you have any suggestions or links to resources for someone who has never worked with one before? I'd like to learn, just not sure of a good starting point. Beyond getting the machine of course. :)

Which file did you use for the gauntlet and tac pad?
Tac-Pad is Koshima07's file
the Gauntlet has not been released on the 405th for public use, but was made by DYSTORTED INC.

Hey Ben,
Rather than ask you a million and one question about your CNC process, do you have any suggestions or links to resources for someone who has never worked with one before? I'd like to learn, just not sure of a good starting point. Beyond getting the machine of course. :)
Not really, I am still kinda learning how to do this myself, and would love some links to learn as well

Not really, I am still kinda learning how to do this myself, and would love some links to learn as well

Haha, glad to know I'm not alone here then. I'll let you know if I find any good resources. With all the help you've given the community I love to have the chance to pay a little bit back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back