Reach EOD helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is unbelievable how smooth that is. You shame me. I clearly need to keep working on my bondo/sanding skills.

Another update finally

Lately I just haven't been to motivated to venture into the garage to work on any of my helmets, because of the heat, but today it rained so it wasn't to bad so I worked on the EOD for about 2 hours, I carved out the lines on the air filters and cut out the visor, so here are pics of the helmets current state

You can see the lines I carved into the rebreathers also cut out the visor, I need to smooth out the top area of the visor frame, some spot putty will take care of that, the reaso it looks darker on the bottom is because I used a dark gray primer in that area, plus I was wet sanding the top part of the helmet to see how smooth it would get
DSC04769.jpg

Side view just to show some detailing
DSC04771.jpg

Back of the helmet, Im going to add some eva foam to bring the back part of the helmet lower so you don't see so much of the neck area also to match the game model
DSC04775.jpg

Side by side comparison to the finished helmet, I don't see much of a diffrence just did the details a little better to match the game model
DSC04777.jpg

just another random side by side pic, but you will notice that the filter on the new helmet has a rounder shape unlike the finished helmets flat filter
DSC04780.jpg

Well sort of an update, I know its not noticable in the pics but I finally got all the little imperfections sanded and smoothed, smoothed out the area where the visor will be installed. all thats left to do is give the whole helmet a quick sanding with some 400 and 500 grit sandpaper, install the visor, also add the eva foam to the back area and sides of the helmet to make it look more game accurate and hide some of the exposed neck area and painting, I should have been done with this helmet a long time ago but working in the heat or sitting in the air conditioning, the air conditioning seems to win but here are current pics

DSC04797-Copy.jpg

DSC04800.jpg

DSC04798.jpg

This looks very lovingly crafted. Again, sooooo smoooooooth.

Thanks man, I appreciate the comment

Im getting tired of working on this helmet so its time to hurry and get it finished, I have other projects I need to complete also, so hopefully very soon, I hate leaving things unfinished

Wait a minute, now...what happened to the skull?

Superb work, Hyperballistik. Are you planning to deck it out with lights and fans or keep it simple with a face-shield and maybe padding?

wow how do you carve in your detail lines? i suck at that and it gets really frustrating :angry but yours are so accurate and... perfect :D teach me!

wow how do you carve in your detail lines? i suck at that and it gets really frustrating :angry but yours are so accurate and... perfect :D teach me!

I just use a small hack saw blade with teeth on the rounded parts, that way I get a straight cut

@ Satchmo III Im just going to keep it simple, I will put a visor in it, no fans, I don't plan to wear it with armor, I just built it to see if I could make a better version of the helmet, Than the first one I made, its probably going to become a shelf piece, also I want to mold it so I can learn that process, so its going to become guinea pig for molding

WOW! looks amazing! the yellow and the warning label makes it look like somthing Id see on a construction site, it just needs to say CAT on the side,

-Konstantin

I decided to paint the helmet white, so today I got the base coat on, so it looks a little plain without any other colors on it, and yes its shiney but I did that because I plan to mold this helmet, so hopefully it will release from the mold easier, once thats done I will spray a clear flat over it to dull the finish. I still need to add the lower part to the back area of the helmet to help hide the neck area plus install the visor, I have the visor ready to go in, I just don't want to handle the helmet to much till the paint dries a little longer, so now for pic, hope you guys like it

DSC04813.jpg

DSC04809.jpg

DSC04815.jpg

DSC04807.jpg

DSC04810.jpg

I looked at your first one and the only thing I could tell by a minute long look was the little details you added or haven't added yet. How do you get your helmets so smooth? I love the paint job on your first and I would love to see a tutorial...It's so realistic I would believe it was real if I didn't see your progress pics and if it was likea real military app. Extreme work man! I hope you continue to inspire us all...

I know im showing pics of an older helmet and this post has nothing to do with the white helmet, but the yellow helmet looked finished, but I never put the EOD symbol on the front or the UNSC logos on the sides, well I have had the cold of the century for over a week now and have been laying around the house but I can't just lay in bed all day so I been working on another project, but managed to finally put the decals on the yellow EOD helmet, now its complete, what do you guys think, and why the heck does the EOD symbol look like a medical logo, This has nothing to do with explosives, unless you encounter one then you'll need medical help, but this is the actual logo that is on the game model, I took it from a game shot, had to clean it up in photoshop

DSC04847.jpg

DSC04848.jpg

Hope you guys like it

You must tell me how you went into the game and stole that Helmet! All joking aside, that's some amazing work. I only hope I can achieve a third of that quality on my build.

Epic... nope that just dons't do it . Let just say the attention to detail would put at....Work of Art. Ya that term seems to fit you're helmet better.

Thanks Vshore and Thorn, glad you like it, I didn't mean to post pics of a helemt I already posted before but just wanted to show it with the decals, the white one will get the same treatment with an added bonus

@Scizor, Thanks for the comment, and Im sure you can achive the same results I did on this helmet or even better, just take your time during the bondo/sanding process, good luck on your build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back