Reach EOD helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I hadn't read this thread in its entirety, I would put money on that helmet being molded, not peped, I can't believe you bondo work turned out so smooth! I never knew it could get that smooth!

Thanks Vshore and Thorn, glad you like it, I didn't mean to post pics of a helemt I already posted before but just wanted to show it with the decals, the white one will get the same treatment with an added bonus

@Scizor, Thanks for the comment, and Im sure you can achive the same results I did on this helmet or even better, just take your time during the bondo/sanding process, good luck on your build

Hey, thanks! The vote of confidence really has me inspired to work on my suit some more but alas, homework... Not to try and hijack or anything but I've run into a slight problem with my chest scaling, if you or anybody else reading this could give me hand that would be great!

Hey Hyper, I though t I would share since you asked to see it once the build was complete. I will be moving into glass once I get the remainder of the build complete. So far I have completed the sculpt
for the torso, biceps, shoulder pauldrons and hand plates.
http://asgardianhammer.deviantart.com/#/d4a82pi

I am now looking everywhere for all emblems, decals, and any other art for all armor. I am trying to find it in vector format. Once I have it together I will assemble it in one place and share with everyone. I am also working on a form fillable pdf file that can be shared with the pep community that will con vert your measurements in inches and 1.5" to accommodate padding. I appreciate your help in finding this file. I am very excited to see it finished.

If I hadn't read this thread in its entirety, I would put money on that helmet being molded, not peped, I can't believe you bondo work turned out so smooth! I never knew it could get that smooth!

Thanks for the comment, Just alot of patience and you can get bondo smooth, its a pain but worth it in the end

this makes me sad cos its not mine

Lol, just build one and you'll have your own

Hey Hyper, I though t I would share since you asked to see it once the build was complete. I will be moving into glass once I get the remainder of the build complete. So far I have completed the sculpt
for the torso, biceps, shoulder pauldrons and hand plates.
http://asgardianhammer.deviantart.com/#/d4a82pi

I am now looking everywhere for all emblems, decals, and any other art for all armor. I am trying to find it in vector format. Once I have it together I will assemble it in one place and share with everyone. I am also working on a form fillable pdf file that can be shared with the pep community that will con vert your measurements in inches and 1.5" to accommodate padding. I appreciate your help in finding this file. I am very excited to see it finished.

Your pep looks great, this will make it so much easier on the Bondo work, can't wait to see the whole thing together, you should make a build thread, it help others learn how the building process go, plus Id love to see the sculpting process.

I will see what format I have the decals and emblems in, if I have them in vector format, I will pm you

But great job from what I see so far

love this helmet been wanting to make it for a long time. does anyone know if there is a thread with pictures of all the finished costumes

Where did you find the little details to go on the helmet? They look really nice. Anywhere in particular, or just from looking at others?

Where did you find the little details to go on the helmet? They look really nice. Anywhere in particular, or just from looking at others?

If your talking about the details like the shapes and designs in the helmet, I looked at alot of in game pics, its not easy to find close ups of the EOD helmet so it took alot of searching the internet but I found enough to get it about game accurate as I could

If your talking about the details like the shapes and designs in the helmet, I looked at alot of in game pics, its not easy to find close ups of the EOD helmet so it took alot of searching the internet but I found enough to get it about game accurate as I could

Okay, thanks. I figured it wouldn't be easy. lol
Anyway, I'm working on my own EOD helmet right now, not a reach, but a H3 one. It's starting to look like something now that I'm almost done with the bondo. Just started thinking about paint. And dang, it's a hard decision.

Pretty much have the whole day off today so guess whats going to get molded

This Guy
DSC04935.jpg

ready for molding, sealed the visor and all the openings, we will see how this turns out

Pretty much have the whole day off today so guess whats going to get molded

This Guy
DSC04935.jpg

ready for molding, sealed the visor and all the openings, we will see how this turns out

This is so great. I'm sure the mold and casts will turn out just as nice.:)

This is so great. I'm sure the mold and casts will turn out just as nice.:)

Im hoping so, I was suppose to work today but managed to get out of it due to car not wanting to start, I think it needs a new battery oh well, so since im stuck at home figured I would finally mold this helmet

Nice!! Finally molding the forbidden fruit..lol. I saw this in person & its beast. The scale was perfect, the detailing is boss & I love it! I gots to get me one. Good luck Hyper!

Nice work hyper i showed my buddy this and he didn`t say anything for about 15minutes haha detailing is godlike..

I finished the mold and outer shell yesterday, so today I hope to make a cast and see how it turns out, I will post pics of the mold and cast results later today, if the mold works out I will release a few casts, also thanks for all the nice comments

I'm sure it will turn out great. From the Pics I saw, everything looked legit. I can't wait to see these beasts rolling off the assembly line! You definitely have made some of the nicest and sexiest helmets on the planet!

I'm sure it will turn out great. From the Pics I saw, everything looked legit. I can't wait to see these beasts rolling off the assembly line! You definitely have made some of the nicest and sexiest helmets on the planet!

Thanks Blackula, you have more faith then I do lol

Well time for the casting results,

Here is my first pull, looks reall great don't it?

DSC04942.jpg

WRONG
When I went to cast the helmet, I didn't make sure all the keys were seated completely, and the result was this, dented in the side of the helmet, oh well wasted plastic and a lesson learned
DSC04945.jpg

2nd cast This time I made sure the mold was locked in place and this is how it looked when I pulled it, it looks good, there is still somewhat of a dent, not big or anything at that same key location, I think there is some fiberglass getting in the way, so I will grind it out before I cast in it again, so here are the results, the dark one is the cast, white is the original
DSC04939.jpg

DSC04941.jpg

In this pic you may be able to see the dents im talking about
DSC04940.jpg

Here is a pic of the mold
DSC04937.jpg

The cast is not a 100% perfect and will need a few touch ups with some filler putty, I did reproduce all the details which is good, hopefully once I clean out the keyhole, the cast won't have that dent in the back

I will post more pics of the next cast after I fix that key area

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back