Reach EOD helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took the second cast that I made from the original helmet and decided to paint it up so I could see how one of my cast would look finished up, I made it green which I don't prefer because im going to use it with my foam build along with a MKV A cast that I made in another thread, there is a visor in this helmet I used a light smoked visor for a paintball mask, I plan to add some window tint to darken it up some so here are the pics

DSC04969.jpg

DSC04970.jpg

DSC04974.jpg

DSC04976.jpg

Thanks for looking

I really like this helmet man. You did an outstanding job on it. The details came out quite well. Awesome!!!:)

amazing! how did you get such detail on your unsc logo?

I used water transfer decals

OMG I want one!!! Also that paintjob is amazing

I will make cast available soon, I still need to finish molding the pieces under the eye parts that connect to the nose part

Also Thank you everyone for the nice comments, and don't worry Blackula you have one coming your way, I just gotta finish casting the rest of the parts

Today I made a mold of my CNM attachment I also got to cast a few of them thanks to using Moldstar 16 it cures in 30 mins, the CNM's came out really great there are some air bubbles in the back part in a small area but one quick swipe of spot putty filler took care of them, I painted one up and attached it to the EOD, I posted some pics so you can see how it turned out let me know what you guys think, also I molded the eye things for the EOD helmet I haven't pulled them from the mold so I have ho clue how they came out but they should be fine I built a simple box mold so can't see to much messing those up

Pictures with the CNM attachment that I also made a mold of, attaached to the EOD helmet
DSC04982.jpg

DSC04985.jpg

Well sir, Once again you have gone and created a masterpiece. You're paint work is just off the charts on the Helmet. As for the casting, it looks awesome, you couldn't ask for better. So I assume that you worked out the whatever the problem was on the first casting. Anyways I figured I'd just stop by you're build page here and get some motivation to go with my cup of coffee this morning so thanks for the eye-candy.

The attachment turned out great! Did you use screws to mount it to the helmet or....?

How I have missed your builds I will never know. This work is truly awesome man. I want to get completely caught up in this build but every time I do I stray from my own, start something new and not finish what I am working on. Keep up the good work dude.

Hey I thought I'd post pics of the Hyper EOD I finished up. Let me know what you think!

6778321637_ff5e2b8cda_z.jpg

6778339665_8ac93cbb4f_z.jpg

6778309725_6dcb79fe21_z.jpg

I found some transparent blue film lying around the house, and just placed it over the gold visor thats underneath. Hyper did an excellent job on the helm, great fun to work on!

Dangit, Tsaboc, you beat me to it!

I'm still going through the bodywork phase on my casting (it's a good pull, but some of the wobbles on the top were bothering me) so it'll be a couple more days before I'm doing any detail painting.

Hyper, do you have any closeup shots of your warning labels on either side of the neck hole? I like that look.

Hehe, I had this one sitting around for months actually. I got a damaged pull and had to do a bunch of bodywork, but now it looks good as new. I was just too lazy to install a visor... lol.

Hyper, do you have any closeup shots of your warning labels on either side of the neck hole? I like that look.

Sorry I meant to pm you I forgot to send you the EOD labels with the helmet, I will mail them to you tomorrow so you should have them pretty quickly and that will take ccare of that problem

@Sir Tsaboc, Man you did a really great job especially as dented up as that cast was really nice job, you did that helmet some justice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back