Reach EOD helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyperballistik

Hey everybody, Im going to attempt to finish my Reach EOD helmet, I pep'd this thing when Ironium Customs release the model, its been sitting in my closet ever since so today while I was looking for the hand plates for my Hayabusa build, I found it laying there and decided to finish hardening it, I don't think I have seen one of these Reach versions completed on the forums yet but I could be wrong, This one shouldn't be to bad to finish up, looks nice and straight, plus it has a box type shape which for means easier with body work, It took me about 5 days to get my Busa helmet smoothed out and that one has all kinds of crazy shapes so this one hopefully will be alot easier, here are a few pics of it hardened I just wanted to show it before I do the body work.

Front view, It looks kind of funky with the air filter attached
DSC04541.jpg

Side view, still looks long and funky
DSC04536.jpg

Another side view
DSC04539.jpg

Resined outside harden with smooth cast 321, inside pic for those of you who must see the inside of the helmet
DSC04543.jpg

And here is a pic of the reach helmet next to a H3 EOD, which I may end up finishing up while working on the reach one and get both done, and for some reason the H3 version reminds me of Planet of the Apes
DSC04544.jpg

Thanks for checking this out, will post updates

Have some update pics finally, I have been slowly working on this helmet, got it all smoothed out, added details, cut the visor part out, I think its about ready for paint, sorry I didn't take progress pics but you probably don't want to see the bondo sanding process, I think the end results are better, I have noticed that there are some diffrences in this model versus the game model which makes it a little bit tricky to add certain details and get the look right, the air filters are too long but im not complaining, let me know what you guys think

DSC04635.jpg

DSC04637.jpg

DSC04638.jpg

DSC04639.jpg

DSC04640.jpg

Thanks for looking

Wow that looks really amazing good. What kind of tool (or cutting blade) that you use to cut the visor area?

Have some update pics finally, I have been slowly working on this helmet, got it all smoothed out, added details, cut the visor part out, I think its about ready for paint, sorry I didn't take progress pics but you probably don't want to see the bondo sanding process, I think the end results are better, I have noticed that there are some diffrences in this model versus the game model which makes it a little bit tricky to add certain details and get the look right, the air filters are too long but im not complaining, let me know what you guys think

DSC04635.jpg

DSC04637.jpg

DSC04638.jpg

DSC04639.jpg

DSC04640.jpg

Thanks for looking

Wow, great sculpting on with bondo work. Beautifully smooth surfaces with crisp edges. Nice work man

Wow that looks really amazing good. What kind of tool (or cutting blade) that you use to cut the visor area?
Thanks, I used a dremel with the cutting wheel, cut out as close to the edge as I can, then I use a sanding wheel and smooth it dow to the edge

Wow, great sculpting on with bondo work. Beautifully smooth surfaces with crisp edges. Nice work man

Thanks man

Another update
Started the painting process a few days ago, Yes I painted it yellow, I had the can just sitting in my garage and since I really don't plan to use this helmet for anything but to practice my bodywork and painting on, I decided what the hell why not. I still need to add a few more details especially with the air filter areas, I need to weather it and scratch it up a little and add the visor. So here is what I have so far, I probably will not get a chance to work on it for a few days so hopefully my next update its finished, So how does the school bus yellow look? thanks for looking

DSC04652.jpg

DSC04643.jpg

DSC04644.jpg

DSC04645.jpg

DSC04649.jpg

DAM!!!!! that looks awesome man fantastic work and it looks like you worked very very fast =D

Really like the colors on that, nice and defined, and the black makes the yellow pop out real nice. Great work!

What is the pep inside of the helmet though? Kind of looks like a skull.

Really like the colors on that, nice and defined, and the black makes the yellow pop out real nice. Great work!

What is the pep inside of the helmet though? Kind of looks like a skull.

Yeah its a skull, it was the second pep I ever attempted thats why its all out of wack and full of pen marks, I saw it laying on a shelf and wanted to see if it would fit in the helmet, thanks for the comments guys

Heres the skull in case you were wondering
DSC04653.jpg

Awesome helmet. Your bondo work is exceptional and the details in the muzzle area look stellar. Unfortunately the skull reminds me of The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull...which makes me slightly sad. Great helmet though!

Awesome helmet. Your bondo work is exceptional and the details in the muzzle area look stellar. Unfortunately the skull reminds me of The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull...which makes me slightly sad. Great helmet though!

Thanks man, and I have to agree its an ugly skull. it was my second pep I ever built so I just keep it around I can't seem to throw it away

Or just keep it for mounting helmets on. After all, a Spartan would probably use something suitably awesome like a skull to keep their helmet on, particularly old helmets that they didn't use, such as a Mk IV helm after the upgrade to MkV.

Small update...........

I usually don't mess with anything on Mondays because Its my day off to relax but decided I would do a little work on the helmet, I know its nothing to noticable but I'll post it anyways

added the black detail thing to the ear part area, I have no clue what the purpose of it is but its in the refrence pics so I added it
DSC04663.jpg

DSC04662.jpg

added the little silver circle things on the air filters
DSC04660.jpg

Added the black area at the bottom of the helmet to kind of match the refrence photos, on the pep model the helmet is missing this lower detail also in the ref pics it looks like its made of rubber or something similar, I just made it out of eva foam, it fills out that area and makes the helmet look more complete
DSC04655.jpg

thats all I did today, I have to finish up details in the back parts of the air filters, also I still need to blackwash the helmet and give it the scratched up look, and install the visor, hopefully I will get it finished up tomorrow
Thanks for looking

What the...wait, how did I miss this?? Hypers, yet another incredible work of art. Mad props for your smoothing ability, it's just phenomenal to see how nice of a surface finish you get on your pieces. :eek Your excellent painting abilities just tops it all off. Love the little warning labels you put on there. They seem like they're from an existing product, mind sharing where you got them from?

Also, I got to ask: got a suit to go with it? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back