Saber's Second Project- Agent Texas Style! (PIC HEAVY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey folks! Happy summer!
I just got off school for the summer so that means more progress more frequently!

The first thing I did when I got home was work-out haha. Gotta get the bod into Spartan shape so I can fit in the Spartan Armor! :p

No actual ARMOR progress. But I got some WEAPON progress!
That's right, I'm getting back on the Assault Rifle! :D

Here is the remaining foam that I had to work with.
I also redid the ab plate, but with foam instead. the ab plate that I rondoed warped mid-cure so it looked really bad. But now I don't have to worry about bondoing it!
photo121.jpg

photo120.jpg

Okay now onto the AR! The main form I already had. It was a sliced file and I made the main body with three sheets of foam. Now with drawn on details, I'm now scratch-building the rest. With what foam I had, I was able to cover most of the embossed detail on one side.
photo119.jpg

The side "bar" on the AR had to be pieced together using the locking tabs from the sides of the mats. It's a little bumpy, but I plan on adding layers of the paint-on Plastidip to help cover it up.
photo118.jpg

That's what I got for today but this is the first of many!!!

Comments and critique are encouraged and appreciated!

Stay Frosty, 405thers!
-Alexis

I like how the rifle is coming along. Still some clean-up to be done, but it is instantly recognizable as what it is suposed to be. I like how it just gets better and better as you spend more time on it.

Also, having a foam ab plate should help make it easier for you to bend over in costume. Little things like that make the suit more bearable to wear.

Congrats on finishing school, enjoy your summer!

Nessy: Yeah, I still have a lot of work to do. This is only the second time I've worked on my AR and I plan on using a sander to help smooth out the roughage. Thanks for your support!

Anna: Thanks!

Sandy: Thanks for the kinds words! And yes, the craft foam idea is a good idea. I've been thinking about working with it at some point but I have to get more EVA foam before I can move on on this build.

Thank you guys for all of your support! It's what keeps me going and drives me to work harder!

Stay Frosty, 405thers!
-Alexis

Great job on your build thus far. I was just looking through your thread and noticed your progress on your boots on pg 23. The treads look very familiar ;o). Keep up the great work!

Carpathiavh: Yeeeaahhh... I was inspired by a very talented costumer. I just. Can't. Remember the name! ;P
And thank you for your support!

-Alexis

Hey Folks,
Gotta short update before I disappear for a week. Tomorrow I'm out house/cat-sitting at a friend's house while they're out camping in Bend.

I have two layers of resin on my helmet and I've started some rondo on the chest piece.
The helmet will be a quick project since it is the best pep work that I've done and not much sanding will be needed to be done since it's so clean. But the chest will take a while before it is completely finished. From sitting in a closet for nearly 9 months, some things have warped. So I have a few things that I'll have to fix with some bondo work.
photo122-1.jpg

photo123.jpg

I won't be able to build for the next week but I will be on XBL playing Reach or Skyrim while house-sitting.
Here is my Gamertag: VvSabervV (just be sure to lemme know who you are in case you decide to get on XBL and add me)and I'll update you folks later!

Stay Frosty, 405thers!
-Alexis

Hey everyone!
I got A LOT of things done today so I've got quite a bit of pictures for you.
To start, I've continued working on the helmet and chest piece.
The helmet has a rondoed top and fiberglassed bottom. I plan on adding some more fiberglass to it tomorrow and then start the sanding process.
photo124.jpg

The chest piece has been split early. I fiberglassed the joints where I plan on using either clips or magnets to reattach the pieces and then cut the portions.
This way, I don't have to flip the entire chest piece around just to get into the more cramped spots in the piece. I do not plan on applying expanding foam like I did last time --that was a disaster-- and I will fiberglass everything.
photo132.jpg

photo131.jpg

photo130.jpg

Here are the chest piece halves up against my body to kind of get the jist of what the piece will look on me as a whole. I think I've scaled this fairly well, but there are a lot of issue spots that I plan on fixing with a crazy amount of bondo.
photo129.jpg

photo128.jpg

Apart from what you guys know that I have been working on, here is something new.
I've tried adding magnets to my pistol but the weight of it is just too much for these earth magnets to hold up. So today, I started making a new pistol out of foam and some cardboard. It is much lighter and hopefully it will be light enough for the magnets to hold securely without falling off.
I've scratch built this, using my first pistol for reference.
photo125.jpg

photo127.jpg

photo126.jpg

I plan on getting more done tomorrow before the rain comes back. Spring hasn't let go of Oregon just yet!
I hope every one has a great Fourth of July!

Stay Frosty, 405thers!
-Alexis

I see that you are keeping the magazine from your old pistol. Does it still stay in properly? I actualy really like the red foam on the pistol, makes it look like the red pistol from the original mass effect game. Might look a bit out of place on a black armoured spartan though.

Keep up with the good work!

I actualy really like the red foam on the pistol, makes it look like the red pistol from the original mass effect game. Might look a bit out of place on a black armoured spartan though.
I'm thinkin she might paint it. lol great work sabes!

I'm thinkin she might paint it. lol great work sabes!

I figured she would too. Saber does a great job with all the detailing that I would have been surprized if she didn't paint it to match the game pistol. I still like the red though, might go good with Sarge's armour (if he ever lost his shotgun anyway)

I figured she would too. Saber does a great job with all the detailing that I would have been surprized if she didn't paint it to match the game pistol. I still like the red though, might go good with Sarge's armour (if he ever lost his shotgun anyway)
lol. probably so. lol

Hey guys thanks for your support, as always!

To answer the little discussion you two had, yes I will be painting it to look like the first. haha

Today has been a very nice! 80 degrees without a cloud in the sky! :D
So this means more progress! *insert applause here*

Nothing on the pistol, but some on the helmet and chest piece.
The helmet is in the beginning stages of the bondo process. It's been trimmed on the bottom so my head fits through and a little bit of bondo has been put on the top. I'm hoping I won't be needing too much bondo since this is such a smooth build. So far, I've gotten a good portion of the initial sanding done.
photo137.jpg

The chest piece has gotten a little more trimming done. I decided to cut out the neck area of the front portion of the chest piece so I can replace it with foam later. That will make it more comfortable and I can achieve the detail I desire without having to worry about curing time.
photo136.jpg

I am having some trouble with keeping the two parts straight.
I was a total doofus in splitting the chest prematurely for the sake of time so hopefully this won't completely ruin the piece.
Here is a pic of the back portion warped and then corrected by using a screwdriver to hold it up.
photo134.jpg

photo135.jpg

I hope to get to fiberglassing it tomorrow and then using the screwdriver to hold it up as it cures. *crosses fingers*

On a separate note, I received my gloves in the mail today! I'm super excited because they came in six days early and now I get to play with them!
photo138.jpg

They're made with mesh so they are breathable, but it's thick so you can't see my skin. They also fit my hands perfectly, which is great since that was one of my main concerns when I was buying them on ebay. And most importantly, they are gorgeous! I can't get over how awesome they are! I had to play dress-up with them when I got them in the mail. haha
photo133.jpg

photo139.jpg

That's what I got for today and since this week is supposed to be very nice, expect for there to be multiple posts in the near future!
Thanks for looking and please feel free to comment and/or critique!
It is openly welcomed and greatly appreciated!

Stay Frosty, 405thers!
-Alexis

the helmet is looking great ! You are progressing super fast, makes me feel bad that I've stopped all progress on armor building >_<
Also the gloves look great and I like that they match so perfectly with the rest of your armor, are you goingto add some silver battle damage to them?
Cant wait to see more!

the helmet is looking great ! You are progressing super fast, makes me feel bad that I've stopped all progress on armor building >_<
Also the gloves look great and I like that they match so perfectly with the rest of your armor, are you goingto add some silver battle damage to them?
Cant wait to see more!

haha Thanks, Anna! And I don't know... Maybe... It probably would complete the look... haha
I'll test it out tomorrow.

Now it's time for another update for you faithful viewers!
(I'll be trying to make daily updates since I'm getting so much done each day)

Today has been a helmet progress day.
Sanding done for the day.
photo140.jpg

photo141.jpg

photo142.jpg

Primer reapplied to identify blemishes.
photo145.jpg

photo143.jpg

photo144.jpg

photo146.jpg

photo147.jpg

I also bought some plungers today and started cutting out the pieces.
Here is a pic of the plunger on the boot. It's not glued in yet but I figured I'd let you guys take a look at it and give your opinions.
photo148.jpg

And that is the post for the day. I hope to update you all again tomorrow and get even closer to finishing this project!
Comments and critique are gratefully accepted.

Stay Frosty, 405thers!
-Alexis

the MKVI Helm needs spot putty, lol but you already knew that, lol but other than that, looks awesome!

the MKVI Helm needs spot putty, lol but you already knew that, lol but other than that, looks awesome!

Yeah, I have a lot more work left to do on the helmet. Some parts are no where near as smooth as I would like them to be!
So I'll be working on this for a few more days. Taking my time has never felt so good since I have the reputation to just blaze through this part without thinking.

-Alexis

yea I hear ya on that one! lol I tried rushing through my M6B, but my people on fb wouldn't let me, so I applied some bondo spot putty, sanding, you know the process. lol glad now that i spent the extra time on it, and you shall be glad you spent extra time on the helm as well! as for as scale, does it seem to fit?

It fits great!

When I pepped it out and compared it to my very first helmet (from my MC build), I found out that it is the same size if not a tad bigger. Which in my case, is good because I have a Gigantor if a head. Haha
I'll even be able to use the padding that Rex sent me a while back!
I even hope to fit a few lights, a fan, and a voice amplifier in it too!

-Alexis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back