Saber's Second Project- Agent Texas Style! (PIC HEAVY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woah! Looks Good! I totally forgot about the curing box idea! Thanks for reminding me! hahaha. Its 10 degrees here. So that combined with a warm garage should get me where I need to go!

The pistol looks awesome! I can't wait to see the rest of it get detailed now. Don't keep me waiting!!! :p

-GundamLoki

Thanks, GundamLoki!

It doesn't get very cold here in Oregon. At least not in the part that I live in. It gets just below freezing at night and we've been fortunate enough not to have a lot of precipitation the past few days. It won't be getting wet till Ssss-Saturday, I think.

You're lucky you have a garage to work in! Our family room was a garage, but that was 25 years ago, way before I was even born so..... A lot of good that'll do. haha

In the mean time, I plan on getting as much done as I can because once the rain rolls in, I won't be able to work on anything till it gets dry again. So no pressure! :p

-Alexis

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, GundamLoki!

It doesn't get very cold here in Oregon. At least not in the part that I live in. It gets just below freezing at night and we've been fortunate enough not to have a lot of precipitation the past few days. It won't be getting wet till Ssss-Saturday, I think.

You're lucky you have a garage to work in! Our family room was a garage, but that was 25 years ago, way before I was even born so..... A lot of good that'll do. haha

In the mean time, I plan on getting as much done as I can because once the rain rolls in, I won't be able to work on anything till it gets dry again. So no pressure! :p

-Alexis

My friend lives in Oregon and always tells me how much warmer it is there than here ha. Lucky!

And yeah I have to put three space heaters and some flood lights in the garage. But hey it works right? haha.

I'll look forward to seeing some serious progress pictures soon then :p Go go go!!!

-Loki

Loki: What ever works! My aunt lives in Park City so I understand the whole thing about it being REALLY cold!

Tankball: I use popsicle sticks to help with supports. It helps a lot when there are some weak spots in the pep. That's how I keep things so straight!

As for progress, I got more bondo on the pistol and it's all cured, just need to continue the sanding (then more bondo and more sanding, etc.) till I'm satisfied.
If I get enough done tomorrow, I'll post more pics.

Till then!

Stay Frosty, 405thers!
-Alexis

ya i know, lol i use popsicle sticks in all my builds. i think i use the most in my jetbag build (first one to finsh it)

Loki: What ever works! My aunt lives in Park City so I understand the whole thing about it being REALLY cold!

Tankball: I use popsicle sticks to help with supports. It helps a lot when there are some weak spots in the pep. That's how I keep things so straight!

As for progress, I got more bondo on the pistol and it's all cured, just need to continue the sanding (then more bondo and more sanding, etc.) till I'm satisfied.
If I get enough done tomorrow, I'll post more pics.

Till then!

Stay Frosty, 405thers!
-Alexis

Park City is colder than it is here!! Haha. I'm up in the Northern part! If you are ever out this way you should let me know and we could trade building tips. Anyways. Can't wait to see the pictures of the pistol! Anymore progress on the suit or is it on hold right now?

-Loki

Park City is colder than it is here!! Haha. I'm up in the Northern part! If you are ever out this way you should let me know and we could trade building tips. Anyways. Can't wait to see the pictures of the pistol! Anymore progress on the suit or is it on hold right now?

-Loki

Sounds like a plan. :D

Right now, the suit is on hold.

I'm just working on one thing at a time (so in this case, the pistol) till it warms up. I may have a curing box, but it's poorly insulated and it still sits outside because I have no where safe to put it.

The laundry room won't work for very long because I have family members going in and out of there and I don't want them breathing in the fumes. It's a doozy when I have stuff curing in there!

I'm gunna go the safe route and work on the little things till it's warm enough outside.

I'll have pics of the pistol posted this evening, hopefully.

-Alexis

Hey guys!
Quick update!

I did more sanding today on my pistol and decided I would give it a primer coat and see if I need to fix anything and/or just go with what it looks like.
Honestly, I'm diggin' this beat to hell look!

This is everything together
PICT0017-1.jpg

The reciever
PICT0019-2.jpg

The slide
PICT0020-1.jpg

The attachment which I forget the name to
PICT0023-1.jpg

And the magazine
PICT0024.jpg

Right now, I've brought the primed parts inside and I'm letting the primer dry and right on time too! It started raining outside! Phew!
After the primer dries, I'll take the pistol back outside and spray paint it silver. Then I'll bring it back inside and let that dry overnight.

Tomorrow, I'll paint the lower half of the receiver black and do some antiquing and scratch detailing.

I'll update for you guys tomorrow!

Till then!

Stay Frosty, 405thers!
-Alexis

Woah! You did not disappoint :p hah Looks freaking awesome! I bet with some dry brushing and weathering accents after the silver coat and you'll have one good looking weapon! Can't wait to see what you do with it!

Oh and yeah that is some pretty fine timing with the rain :p ha!

-Loki

Okay so one thing people should learn about me... I'm really impatient when I'm really excited about a build.
Soooo..... I went on ahead with finishing the pistol. At least paint wise.

Here's a pic of my pistol getting the black painted on the bottom half.
PICT0001-2-1.jpg

Here's a pic of the pistol without antique or silver accents
PICT0002-1-1.jpg

Here is the red and yellow dot I painted on the front
PICT0003-2-1.jpg

Pistol with antiquing and silver scratches
PICT0004-2-1.jpg

Attachment Detail
PICT0006-1-1.jpg

Detail on Handle
PICT0005-2-1.jpg

Manufacture Code on Receiver
PICT0008-1-1.jpg

Model and UNSC Property text on Slide
PICT0007-1-1.jpg

And a closer look at the yellow stripe on the receiver
PICT0009-1-1.jpg

First weapon production: FINISHED AND SCHMEXY!

Well... Almost complete. Gotta add the screws! But I'll do that tomorrow.
Gah, I love this pistol so much! >:3

Does anyone have an idea as to how I can make the slide move back with aspring attached so it would "reload?" I'm contemplating wether or not I should make the slide move, or just glue it in place...

Input and critique will be gratefully accepted!

Stay Frosty, 405thers!
-Alexis

I think its about the best Agent Texas suit ive ever seen :D
when im done with jorge im planning on making Agent Maine.
hes my favorite character^^
plus im about the biggest dude in my friends group so thats something that works with a maine suit too ;D
anyways, epic job so far;)

I think its about the best Agent Texas suit ive ever seen :D
when im done with jorge im planning on making Agent Maine.
hes my favorite character^^
plus im about the biggest dude in my friends group so thats something that works with a maine suit too ;D
anyways, epic job so far;)

Why, thank you very much!
Maybe if you finish your Maine costume and if we were to bump into each other at some convention, we could square off! >:D Tex vs Maine, a classic! Just don't be bringing a capture unit, okay? :p

As for my pistol (No pics right now, sorry), I've added the trigger and some other little details. I haven't gotten the standard screws yet cuz my mom stole my car... -_-
I'm also developing a sort of idea for the slide so I may have some progress on that later too.

Till then!
Please comment and critique! Your input is greatly appreciated!

Stay Frosty, 405thers!
-Alexis

I just found your thread and I have to say that I am shocked that you aren't getting more feedback between your updates. You are doing a great job on all of your work and you do an excellent job of documenting the process so that we can all follow along. I have never seen your method of using painter's tape with bondo before, that was a great idea.

If you want the slide on the pistol to move it will need some kind of a track so that it only moves backwards and forwards, not side to side. Then attaching a spring to the inside of the pistol and the front of the slide should keep the slide in place when it isn't being reloaded. If you end up going for the moving slide you are a braver person than I am, if I end up doing a weapon it will be a solid piece of foam with no moving parts.

Thanks for the kind words, Nessy!
I'm a little flustered myself as to why people don't really respond to my thread but I choose not to make it a big deal.

I actually decided not to make the slide functional. Too much work.
So I just glued it on.

I added some screws for extra detail and the pistol is done! (And sorry the pics are blurry)
055.jpg

056.jpg

Unfortunately, the wet weather has settled back in again so everything is at a freeze. I can't work on ANYTHING. So it may be a while before I post.

Please keep it goin' on the feedback! It helps a lot! And I'll keep you posted as often as possible!

Stay Frosty, 405thers!
-Alexis

I feel your pain about the weather, here in Quebec I'm not expecting and resin friendly weather until the end of April. I'll have to see about building an oven. Fortunately, my wife and I bought a dishwasher recently so I do have a large cardboard box to make the oven with...

When you feel like taking pictures again, could you take a shot with you holding the finished pistol? The paint job and weathering looks very good, I'm just wondering how well the size suits you.

I don't get why no one is responding to this either! That pistol looks freaking amazing!! I really like all the little details you added in that give it that much more realism and pop. I understand about not wanting to make things work and just going for the look :p I'm running into that on my build hah. Hopefully when you get some decent weather you can get back onto your armor. If you keep up with the level of awesome that this and your other already done pieces are at. You are going to have one amazing suit. I can't wait to see what else you are going to do next!!!

Don't get frustrated that you aren't getting much response. This is YOUR armor. We are just here to drool on our keyboards. When you finish it I'm sure you will get nothing but praise on it! Just keep your chin up and keep going how you are! Don't fall into the "no one likes my work" rut! =]

-Loki

Nessy: I have a cardboard box too but I don't have a room that it can sit in while it cures some of my pieces so leaving it out in the rain would be kinda counterproductive.
I'll try and get some pics for you tomorrow. I'm trying to resurrect my Xbox after a 3 light RROD fiasco so I dunno for sure.

Loki: I won't fall into that rut, don't worry! :p I know I'm doing well but some input, especially critique, is desired so I can make my suit the best it can be and hopefully achieve Elite status.

Thanks for the kind words, guys!

-Alexis

Here are those pics for you, Nessy. (And for anyone else who want to see too!)

Profile Shot:
pistolmodel1.jpg

Reloading:
pistolmodel3.jpg

Aiming At You (wow, the gun is crooked):
pistolmodel4.jpg

Close Up Profile of Pistol:
pistolmodel5.jpg

One Handed Badassery:
pistolmodel6.jpg

And Close Up/ Semi Angled:
pistolmodel7.jpg