Saber's Second Project- Agent Texas Style! (PIC HEAVY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cod is looking great! And I know how you feel about it- I've got concerns about it fitting my cod too XD Damn birthing hips!!
All I can say is try not to worry about it =] were here to support, not to criticize

-Phi

idk about MK VI, but the reach armor has a female version (I guess it has a wider cod or somethin, idk somethin's different about it), that may help if you feel you have to redo the cod(i vow to never redo anything, my frickin hand is killin me!!!!) :p anyway, it looks great!

idk about MK VI, but the reach armor has a female version (I guess it has a wider cod or somethin, idk somethin's different about it), that may help if you feel you have to redo the cod(i vow to never redo anything, my frickin hand is killin me!!!!) :p anyway, it looks great!

the reach female version is almost the same as the male, the only major visible difference is that the front piece doesn't hang down as far.

Cod's looking good, when my reach armor is done, I'm thinking about making Church or Tucker. Still have plenty of time to decide because I just started the reinforcing process.

the reach female version is almost the same as the male, the only major visible difference is that the front piece doesn't hang down as far.

Cod's looking good, when my reach armor is done, I'm thinking about making Church or Tucker. Still have plenty of time to decide because I just started the reinforcing process.
oh, ok :p since I'm not a female (no sexism intended) i didn't pay much attention to it.. :p

Cod is looking great! And I know how you feel about it- I've got concerns about it fitting my cod too XD Damn birthing hips!!
All I can say is try not to worry about it =] were here to support, not to criticize

-Phi

I appreciate your support! And yes! DAMN BIRTHING HIPS!

my frickin hand is killin me!!!!) :p anyway, it looks great!

Hahah. I've been pepping for two years and I'm positive my hand is cramped into the position that appears there's always a pencil or xacto knife in it. :p And thanks again!

Right.

I appreciate everyone's support! Thank you very much!
The typical Oregon weather has settled back in again so it's constantly raining. We got three inches overnight last night so there's no hope of progress at this moment.
I'll update you as soon as possible!

Stay Frosty, 405thers!
-Alexis

I think this time of year can stop almost everybody in the U.S. except for the southern states. In VA it's too cold to work with the resin, so I'm constantly waiting for a spot in my dad's shop to open up so I can work for a couple of days.

I think this time of year can stop almost everybody in the U.S. except for the southern states. In VA it's too cold to work with the resin, so I'm constantly waiting for a spot in my dad's shop to open up so I can work for a couple of days.

a friend of mine told me to put in some extra hardener to the resin and everything should be fine, just to set it out in the sun whenever you put it on. he said about 2 cc more, because you can actually put too much hardener in, and the chemical reaction could start a fire! so be careful all you that intend on resining this winter!

a friend of mine told me to put in some extra hardener to the resin and everything should be fine, just to set it out in the sun whenever you put it on. he said about 2 cc more, because you can actually put too much hardener in, and the chemical reaction could start a fire! so be careful all you that intend on resining this winter!

Yeah I know about the whole fire hazard thing. But there's absolutely no sun here and I have no where to put it since it's raining and I don't have a shop or garage.

Hey guys and gals.
Quick little bump.

Added some details to the thigh. (The little bumpy things) I used thin cardboard and glued three layers together to get the proper thickness.
Glued on
PICT0093.jpg

Painted
PICT0098.jpg

I also did some pep reinforcing. Having these parts sitting in a box in my closet for long periods of time have made them start to warp so I'm using popsicle sticks to help prevent that.
PICT0096.jpg

PICT0094.jpg

I also drew details that I wish to add on the AR.
PICT0097.jpg

That's all for now!
Stay Frosty, 405thers.
-Alexis

Yup. With popsicle stick internal structure. I plan on applying a few layers of resin and then rondo the inside. May add some craft foamies for detail on the outside.

Omggg I wish I had found this thread earlier.

Damn, this is turning out super awesome. The improvement between this build and your previous spartan build is crazy! So much improvement!!! All of the bondo and pep work is fantastic, I dont know how you do it so fast! I cant wait to see this badass Tex build completed xD! (I'm doing a Sister build currently!)

Since your sanding is awesome, I'm just wondering what you use to get things that smooth? Are you globbing a bunch of bonodo on the outside and hand sanding it, dremeling it, using an electronic sander, or some other method? And do you know what grit sand paper you are using?

thanks so much! I'm totally subscribing to this thread!

PS. What do you plan on doing for the inner thigh piece?

this is freakin awesome =D great work and looks like you made everything very fast and very well =D great job and keep up the good work

Omggg I wish I had found this thread earlier.

Damn, this is turning out super awesome. The improvement between this build and your previous spartan build is crazy! So much improvement!!! All of the bondo and pep work is fantastic, I dont know how you do it so fast! I cant wait to see this badass Tex build completed xD! (I'm doing a Sister build currently!)

Since your sanding is awesome, I'm just wondering what you use to get things that smooth? Are you globbing a bunch of bonodo on the outside and hand sanding it, dremeling it, using an electronic sander, or some other method? And do you know what grit sand paper you are using?

thanks so much! I'm totally subscribing to this thread!

PS. What do you plan on doing for the inner thigh piece?

Thanks Annanymous!

There's definitely a difference between this suit and the last suit. And I plan on making it 1000000000000% better too!

As for sanding, a majority of it is hand sanding. I started off with a coarse grit (about 80) and then when I have it pretty smooth as it is, I use a finer grit (about 120) till it's seriously baby-butt smooth. hahahha Never thought I'd use that term in costuming but there yah go. :p
Just recently, I found out that my dad has been keeping a hand sander hidden away from me! So I've been using that too to get the mass sanding gone. Then I go back to it with hand sanding to get the smaller areas and of course the details I finish off with the dremel.

I've been thinking about the inner thighs and i have a number of ideas as to how I'm going to tackle that.
1. Use the EVA foam which has now become all the rage here in the forums
or 2. Use thin craft foamies and wrap and/or sew faux leather to them
It's something I'll look into during the summer. I'm currently working on losing some weight because the thighs are a little too small even now.

this is freakin awesome =D great work and looks like you made everything very fast and very well =D great job and keep up the good work

Thanks Road Kill!
It's shocking how quickly everything is going for me! I'm just sad that it had to come to a screeching halt because of bitter cold weather. It's actually below freezing here right now.

As of right now, I've been thinking of more "Tex Props" that I could build while waiting for the weather to warm up (The state meteorologist predicts it'll be unusually colder till March...). I thought for a while and I thought, "Hey, why not make one of those sparring sticks the Agents used in Season 9, episode 10?" So I've been looking for pics of those sticks and I may try making one of those to keep myself occupied during the winter.
Here's a pic that I've found but I can't find any others.
williams4e5d3ceb20918.jpg

If you guys could help me find those pics so I have better references, that would be great!

Stay Frosty, 405thers!
-Alexis

Thanks Annanymous!

There's definitely a difference between this suit and the last suit. And I plan on making it 1000000000000% better too!

As for sanding, a majority of it is hand sanding. I started off with a coarse grit (about 80) and then when I have it pretty smooth as it is, I use a finer grit (about 120) till it's seriously baby-butt smooth. hahahha Never thought I'd use that term in costuming but there yah go. :p
Just recently, I found out that my dad has been keeping a hand sander hidden away from me! So I've been using that too to get the mass sanding gone. Then I go back to it with hand sanding to get the smaller areas and of course the details I finish off with the dremel.

I've been thinking about the inner thighs and i have a number of ideas as to how I'm going to tackle that.
1. Use the EVA foam which has now become all the rage here in the forums
or 2. Use thin craft foamies and wrap and/or sew faux leather to them
It's something I'll look into during the summer. I'm currently working on losing some weight because the thighs are a little too small even now.

haha no way! Im in the exact same situation with my thigh pieces, I made them a little small and then once I rondod them they got a lot tighter, and now im like "welp. Heres my motivation to work out a bit more." Im also considering either covering the inner area with some thin foam/ just coloring it, or doing the whole removal of it and putting in eva foam mats instead. I just dont know how i'd cut the
foam out to fit properly and I also dont know how I'd be able to glue the foam area in there properly lol.

Hey ya'll.
I got some progress on that sparring stick I had an inspiration to construct. It's coming along a lot faster than I thought it would and I'm really liking it!

Here's a pic of it right now and I only made it on $7-$8 worth of supplies! [Edit: I decided not to do a tut]
photo5.jpg

Thanks for lookin' and please comment and critique!

Stay Frosty, 405thers!
-Alexis

You are getting really creative with this weapon! I like that you are using everyday items to make it, although I still dont really understand what the finished product is supposed to look like (I guess I need to watch Red vs Blue again)

Just wondering, how are you goingto incorporate the foamies and the shelf liner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back