Saber's Second Project- Agent Texas Style! (PIC HEAVY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Season 9, the most recent season, episode 10, Agent Texas is undergoing an impromptu sparring match with Maine, Wyoming, and York. The first Round included these "sticks" with high powered ends in which if you got hit, you'd be electrocuted.
If you watch that episode, located here, you'll see it towards the beginning of the show. Oh, and the whole episode is just awesome, so be sure to watch the whole thing. :p

The foamies are gunna add extra details and the shelf liner is going to be a handle substitute to leather because I don't have that kind of money. I only got minimal work on it done yesterday and nothing today. :( The weather has been crap and we have a possibility of snow.
So in other words, it's freezing and wet and paint doesn't like to dry in that kind of weather. :(

I'll get more posted on it as soon as possible.

Stay Frosty, 405thers!
-Alexis

some good ref pics and music

Thanks a lot! Wow... A lot more detail than I had anticipated in the shaft/handle, thingy...
Oh well. haha

I'm getting some painting done with some acrylics I found in my closet so if anything, I'll have maybe one or two pics to show you guys later tonight.

-Alexis

Last edited by a moderator:
Yet another case of my fabled prop-finishing-anxiety...

Here's what I've gotten done on the sparring stick. IT'S NEARLY FINISHED! And it no longer looks like a silver Q-tip! haha

b16e2a37.jpg

One head of the stick has been giving me problems and keeps falling off so I loaded it with tacky glue and I'm letting set overnight. There's still a few things I'm need to get done with the handle but it's so minute that it wouldn't really matter if I did it or not. But I will. And I'll do it in the morning. :p

I'll also edit the Tut post on Page Ten tomorrow for people who wish to see/learn how I did all this in two/three/now four days.

See you guys tomorrow! (Well... It's midnight here now so.... See you later today! haha)

Stay Frosty, 405thers!
-Alexis

Thanks! I was trying to give it that kind of look and I'm glad you noticed even though it was a distant picture! :D

The one side that keeps falling off is still giving me trouble, but that's because the tacky glue that I globbed on didn't dry overnight. So I removed some glue and I'm giving it more time to dry.

I'll post pics later when I finish it and the glue is dry.

Thanks for checkin' out my thread!
Stay Forsty, 405thers!
-Alexis

Hey guys and gals! I'm finished! (With my prop, that is...)

I had to give it some space it was frustrating me too much. So when I got back to it, it turns out I found a better way to glue on the ends that kept falling off and I fixed it! I also did some touch-up painting on the handle and the ends so I didn't see any bright colored foam.

Please excuse the yellow/purple color scheme, I had my sister take pics for me and she didn't want to leave her bed.
photo1-1.jpg

photo2-1.jpg

photo-1.jpg

I'm really happy with this end product! It's the perfect length and I spent less than $10 to build it! I also decided not to post a tut as to how to build it. If you REALLY wanna know and it's absolutely imperative you know how, PM me and I'll tell you in full detail.

Thanks for checkin' out my thread and feel free to comment and leave some advice! I love advice!

Stay Frosty, 405thers!
-Alexis

PS: As soon as the weather clears up, I'll get back on my suit. But that won't be any time soon, Oregon weather sucks like that. :p

hey it turned out great! And I totally know how you feel about the wet paint not drying right, winter is legit getting on my nerves. Also nice converse xD

It's not just the paint! It's the glue and the resin and the bondo too!
And thanks! I love my Converse! :p

-Alexis

Looking great! Now, someone needs to design a gun that shoots purple expandy foam and you can have all of the Freelancer training weapons!

I know how you feel about the weather, we have the same problem here in Quebec. It certainly makes the foam method look attractive. But it is probably for the best, I do have to get through school after all.

Oh man, that would be so awesome! :D
I already have a pistol but I can't add anything to it, partially because I'm too scared to mess with it after finishing it, but also because it's solid all of the way through and my dremel likes to literally burn the board this gun is made of. I've had a few scary moments when I tried using the dremel on it and smoke started rising from my gun. :/
And finding purple expanding foam seems a little difficult to figure out too...
Nothing CGI and special effects can't fix! (Well in a video, at least...)
Now I've gotten all excited with making a video in my suit! Gah! :p *mind runs wild*

-Alexis

Your stuff looks great! Red vs Blue rocks and Agent Texas is awesome! I like your creativity in getting things done and your not being afraid to experiment. I may have to use some of your techniques on my builds during the winter months.

Thank you! :)
I actually was VERY afraid of experimenting. I'm progressively stepping farther and farther out of my comfort zone so I can make this suit the best it can be.
And I'm glad I've influenced you! I am honored! :D

-Alexis

Hey guys!

Just wanted to show you another part I'm adding to the suit. A combat knife! :D
(Knife, sheath still needing cut out)
photo3.jpg

(Knife next to Sheath)
photo5.jpg

(Knife in Sheath)
photo6.jpg

This took about two hours to out out and glue together. Soooo much easier than anything else I've pepped, except maybe the hand plates and boots. :p

I plan on resining this piece and then rondoing the inside and then finish it with bondo on the outside. And when I finish it completely, it will have earth magnets attached to it so I can hok it to my suit! Schweetness!!!!
It's been really nice out lately so I might get some actual work done! :D

Thanks for checkin' out my thread!

Stay Frosty, 405thers!
-Alexis

[EDIT: And hooray! 117th comment! :D)

The knife looks great, are you goingto attach it to the chest plate like in reach? Or put it somewhere else like, on the thigh piece.

I was actually just thinking about that and I have no idea. :p
I could put magnets in both pieces and choose which part I wanna put it on when I suit up. It can choose based on my mood! :D

-Alexis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back