My First Build, Let's Start Small... (Jorge DONE, Heavy Machine Gun WIP, Pic Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome work station! :p Can't wait to see Jorge next year! Looks freaking awesome! Keep up the great work buddy :)

Looks great. :cool

this is all looking awesome dude!

Awesome work station! :p Can't wait to see Jorge next year! Looks freaking awesome! Keep up the great work buddy :)

Thanks, guys!

Yesterday when I was home by myself I decided to make my duct tape mannequin. Needless to say, this was tricky to do alone, but I pulled it off, and I now have Jorge lounging on my couch in the garage.

IMG_6497.jpg

Next I need to rig some sort of support system so he can stay standing. It's been a while since I've looked at all armour. It's funny because you can really tell I rushed everything below the waist. All the leg pieces are falling apart, and I've never been fond of the cod piece. That's where I'm going to start when I move on to redoing parts. I've already downloaded the file I'm going to use, and have started scaling/positioning the pep pages to print out for a foam ab wrap. It's going to make the suit look so much more complete.

Here's the pieces I've made for the backpack so far:

IMG_6502.jpg

IMG_6503.jpg

IMG_6500.jpg

I painted that one piece green already because I wanted to test how the wood glue paper mache technique looks. You can really see the edges of the paper strips, so I guess I'll need to put a thick coat of glue over top that I can sand down evenly.

I've been putting off working on my gun because I know the back end is going to be much harder to pull off than the front.

Pack is looking great. It's nice to see a different method to put something together.

Painters tip: After you seal you're foam, Primer filler is great for getting rid of lines and sands well. It's cheap to boot.

Pack is looking great. It's nice to see a different method to put something together.

Painters tip: After you seal you're foam, Primer filler is great for getting rid of lines and sands well. It's cheap to boot.

I was thinking of just using the regular foam for the pack, but the thing I like best about insulation is how light it is. I also just like to be different.

Thanks for the tip, I will keep that in mind. That will save me from wasting the pain I'm going to need later.

Do you plan on wiring up some LEDs to the suit when it is complete?

No, because I don't recall Jorge having any lights in the game. I could be wrong, but I didn't think he did. If I do any LEDs it would be in the barrel of the gun so it looks like it's shooting. Other than that I was also planning on hooking up a fan for the helmet, something that's a little overdue...

You bring up a great point, i did some searching and could not find any led ports on his armor. maybe in game he has some if you shoot him for a bit. They blink when the shield is down. If he does not have any then screw it and throw in some fans!

Your helmet looks great. Would you recommend this for a first build? I was thinking of doing a UNSC naval pilot helmet but I'm not decided yet

Your helmet looks great. Would you recommend this for a first build? I was thinking of doing a UNSC naval pilot helmet but I'm not decided yet

It worked out for me, but technically it's still not even complete. Jorge has a lot more "extras" to him than most spartans, so if you want to get him right it'll take more work. I don't regret starting with this build, but that would be my fair warning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back