Model portfolio (Satchmo III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing models man ! Great attention to detail and effort !
Would it be appropriate to request a model of the reach spartan torso undersuit? It seems like a large task but just wondering man. It would be appreciated. If this isn't the right spot to be saying this than someone correct me and lead me straight? thankyou !

Would it be appropriate to request a model of the reach spartan torso undersuit? It seems like a large task but just wondering man. It would be appreciated. If this isn't the right spot to be saying this than someone correct me and lead me straight? thankyou !

Are you referring to the "ab section", to be specific? The reason I ask is that jtm1997 modeled one, but it is currently being re-worked to fit with L3X BLU3RIV3R's 4th revision Reach torso. Not trying to pull away from your thread Satchmo, you do great work ;)

-Matt

oh my gosh dude it's been a while since i ominously stalked your thread but dude the mkiv eva helm (yes that's what it is) and the halo reach fuel rod gun made my day in fact i'll probably build the fuel rod gun if i can find the time. if not then it still looks good but i got a favor to ask could you please make the spi gauntlet/forearm piece PLEASE. also your stuff so far has been great keep up the good work also if you could make the sliced concussion rifle cut so it has parts of the gun on each page like lex's sliced dmr it's difficult to explain but like my printer sucks and won't print on the edge of my paper so if you could split the 2d planes so the pieces could all fit on their own sheet it'd be a lot better (sorry it's difficult to describe but if you don't get it from my explaination check the model, sorry)

I have the game-ripped textures if you'd like me to have a crack at texturing the Ultra (or any other file) for you? And yes, I got your PM; responding to it now.

Thank you for the offer. At this point I don't think I'm going to mess with texture a great deal but may hit you up to experiment a bit.

Are you referring to the "ab section", to be specific? The reason I ask is that jtm1997 modeled one, but it is currently being re-worked to fit with L3X BLU3RIV3R's 4th revision Reach torso. Not trying to pull away from your thread Satchmo, you do great work ;)

-Matt

I think as mkshane81 does that you're looking for the ab section, Martionnick. And like mkshane81 mentions, jtm1997 has modeled this already (http://www.405th.com/showthread.php...and-daft-punk-helmet-peps?p=602268#post602268) and it's not a piece for which I'd work up a new iteration. No worries for detraction, mkshane81...I appreciate your willingness to help others.

thx for the fuel rod gun. but have other that i'll like u to make. for u can the plasma launcher. plz sir

It puts the plasma launcher on the docket list or else it gets the hose again. I'll put it on there but am not sure when I will get to 'er. I do appreciate your work ethic with some of my previous models but you'll need to be patient...I put a lot of effort into the FRG and I need to recharge a bit before I go after another covie weapon.

oh my gosh dude it's been a while since i ominously stalked your thread but dude the mkiv eva helm (yes that's what it is) and the halo reach fuel rod gun made my day in fact i'll probably build the fuel rod gun if i can find the time. if not then it still looks good but i got a favor to ask could you please make the spi gauntlet/forearm piece PLEASE. also your stuff so far has been great keep up the good work also if you could make the sliced concussion rifle cut so it has parts of the gun on each page like lex's sliced dmr it's difficult to explain but like my printer sucks and won't print on the edge of my paper so if you could split the 2d planes so the pieces could all fit on their own sheet it'd be a lot better (sorry it's difficult to describe but if you don't get it from my explaination check the model, sorry)

You talkin' 'bout the Kelly helmet? I agree that you're probably correct that it's Mark IV but, like the Master Chief's armor in The Package (which I believe is technically Mark IV), it sure looks a generation or two past it. I think I read somewhere that it's EVA[C] also but figured describing it as Kelly would be more recognizable.

Is the SPI armor the one shown below? I'll put this forearm on the build docket as well but am not sure when I'll get to it.

SPI.jpg

The print margins (of the sliced concussion rifle PDO file) set the page break further in toward the page so the lines wouldn't print to the page edges even if your printer was capable of doing so. If you print the file as is and cut the imaginary straight lines where the pieces stop at the not visible margins (these are shown below as gray dashed lines) you should be able to reassemble them on your build material without losing anything. Let me know if this doesn't make sense but I don't think it is necessary to split the pieces as you've described. Below is a little picture of how the first page of the file should look when printed and where you'd need to cut. If your printer stops printing inward of what is shown below use Pepakura Designer's print settings to move the margins in even further...but the same principal should still apply as described below.

Slicecuttingexample.png

As a general note concerning incoming model requests (I will also place the following info somewhere at the beginning of the thread)...

I do like receiving requests and intend to continue freely providing models to members but I cannot guarantee my time unless we've worked out some manner of trade or compensation. Although lately I've been punching out a lot of model work each one has taken me a considerable amount of effort (more for some than for others) to produce. Through modelling, I think I have been able to provide a good service to the community and enjoy doing so. I will be putting all reasonable model requests and those that I'd be willing to pursue after the work log and arsenal summary at the beginning of the thread along with the date of request. The order and time-frame in which I may address those requests will be at my discretion.

If you are interested in pursuing making some sort of deal for model work please PM me. Depending on the terms of the deal, models requested in this manner may or may not be provided to the general public.

I appreciate when requested models are actually put to use and so am more likely to produce for members that I know are serious about using them (for example I'm confident that more-seasoned members like BLACKULA727 or tankball would use something they've asked for but for newer or less frequent members if you can identify how or why you'd use a model along with your request I'd be more prone to helping you...a general "I really want XXX" isn't really be up to snuff). Also, for items not on the beaten path, a reference image or two accompanying a request may be helpful, as I don't know all the ins and outs of the halo-verse.

I will note that there are already a few threads dedicated to providing a spot for members to place requests (please see the links below). If there is a request made in this thread or via PM discussion that I can't or won't fulfill please use one of them. I will say that since there are many other talented modellers here at the 405th it may not be a bad idea to start with one of the request threads. I do not wish to, and cannot, hog all requests so as to remove modelling opportunities from others.

> Pepakura Requests
> 3D Model Requests
> Halo Reach 3d Model/ Pep Request Thread

After saying all that...I love helping out the community when I can but want to be clear that making these models, at least for me, isn't as easy as operating a Star Trek food synthesizer/replicator (google it, for those not in the know). I dig this community and look forward to continuing to build together. See you star-side, four-oh-five.

I think as mkshane81 does that you're looking for the ab section, Martionnick. And like mkshane81 mentions, jtm1997 has modeled this already (http://www.405th.com/showthread.php...and-daft-punk-helmet-peps?p=602268#post602268) and it's not a piece for which I'd work up a new iteration. No worries for detraction, mkshane81...I appreciate your willingness to help others.

Oh I don't mind helping at all. Especially after your previous post, that is exactly why I try to help when I can. I've seen what the repetitive requests has done to respected modelers in the past. You continue to do great work, and I know it is sincerely appreciated.

-Matt

ADD UPDATE AND UNFOLD REQUEST...

A long while ago AshaZev provided me an edit to my concussion rifle model sectioning it into four pieces. At the time I decided to sit on it because I didn't want to unfold the blasted thing a second time. I still haven't unfolded it but would like to provide the PDO to the community and offer the opportunity for a willing member to provide an unfold for it. If you'd like to be listed as the unfolder for the sectioned model please download the not unfolded PDO at this link (http://www.4shared.com/file/HF5lPcHu/Reach_weapon_concussion_rifle_.html), unfold it and provide me with a link to the unfold in a PM, and I will include it at the beginning of the thread.

A big thank you to AshaZev and my apologies for not recognizing your contribution sooner.

Oh I don't mind helping at all. Especially after your previous post, that is exactly why I try to help when I can. I've seen what the repetitive requests has done to respected modelers in the past. You continue to do great work, and I know it is sincerely appreciated.

-Matt

Thanks Matt. I hope my previous post made some sense...it was pretty late and I was fairly tired when I decided to write it.

ADD UPDATE...

Deadeye helmet based from Halo 4 concept art has been uploaded to the beginning of the thread...I'm not really clear if deadeye is the helmet name or, more likely, the name of the skin applied to the helmet.

sir i have other ? when u get ready to make the plasma launcher can u make the parts the move work in the one u make i want to go all out on this one. thats if u can make it work. i mean like make the part that move make them lke u did the plamsa repeater with the lil spamer.

ADD UPDATE...

Deadeye helmet based from Halo 4 concept art has been uploaded to the beginning of the thread...I'm not really clear if deadeye is the helmet name or, more likely, the name of the skin applied to the helmet.

I hadn't even HEARD of it until just now! Looks great though - time to research all the other cool pre-order stuff.

CJ

hey , i loved your models , they're awesome ! i'm totally doing the spartan 4 one
and second , i would like to request something , the halo 4 master chief helmet , seeing the way you've done all the other models , i'd love to see your version of the helmet ... and if someone else requested it , in that case i second it
thanks

thank you for explaining about the print margins however my printer has rather unreasonable margins and asks me to scale almost everything i print
hey , i loved your models , they're awesome ! i'm totally doing the spartan 4 one
and second , i would like to request something , the halo 4 master chief helmet , seeing the way you've done all the other models , i'd love to see your version of the helmet ... and if someone else requested it , in that case i second it
thanks
king rahl and a few others have already made what you requested thread name is "Halo 4 Pepakura (files within) i think i can try to post a link clicky
also satchmo i did not mean to be rude about the request i simply respect the work and time you invest in your models and thought you'd be the person to ask if its a big inconvenience then forget i asked thanks anyway

32) HALO 4 HELMET DEADEYE CONCEPT
----------
Model .... Satchmo III
Unfold ... Satchmo III
Link ..... http://www.4shared.com/file/8R-kaqFQ/Halo_4_helmet_deadeye_concept_.html
Log ...... 2012.05.28 - Model completed and unfolded

I didn't get much else done today. I'm not sure how accurate this will be or if the name of this helmet is accurate...I think deadeye is the paint scheme but the image indicated that was the helmet. I don't think I'll tackle any of the other Halo 4 helmet until better sources are available.

Halo4helmetdeadeyeconceptpepref.jpg

Seems like it actually was the helmet name. Source site. Actual picture of helmet. Nice work on these models man! :D As some would say, me gusta. Keep it up!

Last edited by a moderator:
OBVIOUSLY your swamped with requests, lol but im starting to build up the dead eye and i love it. Do yo u have any plans to make a model for the "Locust"? Id love to see that!

also just remembered i found a better pic of the SPI forearm
SpartanIII.jpg

sorry bout the bad shadows but its a better reference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back