Model portfolio (Satchmo III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADD UPDATE AND UNFOLD REQUEST...

Halo 4 locus helmet has been added to the beginning of the thread but requires an unfold. If you'd like to provide an unfold for this model please PM me a link to the unfolded file and I will upload it to the beginning of the thread. Thank you.

Man! You're getting better!

Thanks, harnor.

sir i have other ? when u get ready to make the plasma launcher can u make the parts the move work in the one u make i want to go all out on this one. thats if u can make it work. i mean like make the part that move make them lke u did the plamsa repeater with the lil spamer.

We'll see.

I hadn't even HEARD of it until just now! Looks great though - time to research all the other cool pre-order stuff.

CJ

Thanks, MissingSpartan7

hey , i loved your models , they're awesome ! i'm totally doing the spartan 4 one
and second , i would like to request something , the halo 4 master chief helmet , seeing the way you've done all the other models , i'd love to see your version of the helmet ... and if someone else requested it , in that case i second it
thanks

I don't think I'll make 117's helmet since I think harnor pretty much hit the nail on the head with his model.

thank you for explaining about the print margins however my printer has rather unreasonable margins and asks me to scale almost everything i print

king rahl and a few others have already made what you requested thread name is "Halo 4 Pepakura (files within) i think i can try to post a link clicky
also satchmo i did not mean to be rude about the request i simply respect the work and time you invest in your models and thought you'd be the person to ask if its a big inconvenience then forget i asked thanks anyway

No offense taken.

Seems like it actually was the helmet name. Source site. Actual picture of helmet. Nice work on these models man! :D As some would say, me gusta. Keep it up!

Thanks for providing the Waypoint link.

I'f you have a bit of time can you make a good quality (or highter) of the reach plasma pistol?
;)

Perhaps.

OBVIOUSLY your swamped with requests, lol but im starting to build up the dead eye and i love it. Do yo u have any plans to make a model for the "Locust"? Id love to see that!

Please see the beginning of the thread. Someone will have to provide an unfold for this model. Thanks for the kudos on the deadeye helmet, I'd love to see your build progress.

also just remembered i found a better pic of the SPI forearm
sorry bout the bad shadows but its a better reference

Noted.

NICE WORK DUDE!!!! There will be a lot ofhappy folks when they see that!! is there away to get rid of the texture?

Thanks, man. You can turn the texture off with Pepakura Designer by clicking the button with the RGB (red, green, blue) box next to the button with the light bulb or by going to (3D Menu) > (View Setup...) from the menu bar.

Hilarious. Just so others casually glancing through the thread can see that when it comes to the locus helmet, it's a trap...

locus_wip__custom_tex2.png

locus_wip__custom_tex1.png

locus helmet looks awesome bro keep up it up

Thanks, tumbucu.

I actually created the Locus helmet concept when I was at 343 not too long ago, and I have to say this Ackbar texture made me laugh out loud. I never saw it that way before, but I'll never look at it the same again.

Hope you like the armor stuff so far.

k

Dear koryface!

Yes, was a bit stupid, sorry..
Your work? Respectable, You're a God!

Not stupid!

Dear koryface!

It was not stupid! It was hilarious and great. I showed everyone at work (not 343, but I'll send it up.)

I'm no god, haha. Just doing my 9-5. Thanks, and I will be watching closely for pictures of this bad boy. I would even love seeing an Admiral Ackbar one.

Just want to mention that I am currently working on an unfold for the Locus helmet. It's gonna take me a bit to get this thing unfolded just right. I'm also doing a smooth unfold as well. :p

Hey, just putting up a post to say I'm working on an unfold as well, to the better unfolder it goes, eh? Haha! Thank you for the starting file, Satchmo!

man i have other one i'll love for u to make. SCATTERSHOT is the one i think u can do right
Halo4_Forerunner-Scattershot-07_tif_jpgcopy.jpg

maybe this vidoe can help a lil to
i can hold on the othere one i asked for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome job on the files Satch!! I need to build something and I hadn't realized you had some of the models I've wanted to do available. ANyways, great job on everything and thanks for continuing to put out models for the community.

@zhanpakto, great work on the unfold. This helmet looks boss...lol

Tony

ADD UPDATE...

Unfolds for the Locus helmet have been added to the beginning of the thread. Thank you to TJX62, CrunchbiteNuva (sik1276), and Zhanpakto.

Jakkrit mentioned to me that he felt the proportions of this helmet seemed a bit off. While I think I did well translating the 2D into 3D I do agree with him in that the helmet seems a little narrow compared to it's height/depth. Jakkrit's asked me if he could play with the model to see if he might address this issue so we'll see what he comes up with. In the meantime I still think it'd be great if someone took a stab at this to see how it looks (and fits).

Anyone tackled the unfold on the locust yet?
Nice,i hoping into it RIGHT now.

No response required.

I actually created the Locus helmet concept when I was at 343 not too long ago, and I have to say this Ackbar texture made me laugh out loud. I never saw it that way before, but I'll never look at it the same again.

Hope you like the armor stuff so far.

k
Dear koryface!

It was not stupid! It was hilarious and great. I showed everyone at work (not 343, but I'll send it up.)

I'm no god, haha. Just doing my 9-5. Thanks, and I will be watching closely for pictures of this bad boy. I would even love seeing an Admiral Ackbar one.

Thanks for dropping by koryface, I have to say I'm honored to have an artist comment here like you have. I hope you feel the model has done your work justice. If you have any other pieces you'd like to share (Halo or otherwise) or ones you need any 3D work done on I'd love to assist.

harnor, Ackbar was a stroke of genius. I need to figure out how to apply skins or textures to models.

had to......

IMAGE REMOVED

This image of Ackbar died somehow.

Here's my unfold, breaking out of the usual Bionicle stuff that I usually do :p
IMAGE REMOVED

http://www.4shared.com/file/V4y_6_RO/Halo_4_helmet_locus_concept__S.html?

Thank you sir, I appreciate you looking at this.

Just want to mention that I am currently working on an unfold for the Locus helmet. It's gonna take me a bit to get this thing unfolded just right. I'm also doing a smooth unfold as well. :p
Hey, just putting up a post to say I'm working on an unfold as well, to the better unfolder it goes, eh? Haha! Thank you for the starting file, Satchmo!

You're still welcome to provide unfolds if you'd like. For now I'll be listing links to multiple unfolds in the detail portion at the beginning of the thread and placing the best one (in my opinion) within the work log summary at the top of the thread. Maybe you'd like to hold off to see what Jakkrit is able to achieve with the model. Thanks either way.

man i have other one i'll love for u to make. SCATTERSHOT is the one i think u can do right
IMAGE REMOVED
maybe this vidoe can help a lil to
VIDEO REMOVED
i can hold on the othere one i asked for.

Meh...I'm not thoroughly excited by the Promethean weapons so far so you may want to seek this out elsewhere.

Very clean unfold, thank you for your submission.

Awesome job on the files Satch!! I need to build something and I hadn't realized you had some of the models I've wanted to do available. ANyways, great job on everything and thanks for continuing to put out models for the community.

Thanks for the note, sir! Haven't seen you 'round these parts lately (I think you've been relocating so I hope the move went well). Looking forward to seeing what you've cooking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back