Model portfolio (Satchmo III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
NON-WORK RELATED UPDATE...

Hi guys, I typically like to respond to posts when updating the thread but I'd like to take a moment to do so right now since I haven't had a chance to work on anything new recently. In general, thank you to you all for your interest and for sharing your killer work. Keep it up.

Satchmo, excellent work! I just finishe Fiberglassing your noble six concept helm, great stuff!

Thanks, Vic13ious. I hope the helmet turns out well for you.

Satchmo, your work is amazing. So, I did the unthinkable and tried one of your work. I really like the Locust and I can tell you this is as difficult as the Master Chief Halo 4 that I finished. Let me know what you think.

[IMAGE REMOVED]

Looks great, CoolC. Thanks for putting it together. How well does it fit? Will you be hardening this as well?

yeaah, i finally found a hazop helmet for pepakura, when ever i went to a site that had one it was canceled or somthing, thanks!!

Glad to help out, I haven't seen anyone finish the paper for this one so I look forward to seeing it constructed.

[IMAGES REMOVED]
The Demon helmet by Satchmo, YOU ARE FREAKING AWSOME!!! I really enjoy the model, I HOPE YOU LIKE YOUR WORK BEING DONE BY FANS>>>KEEP THEM COMING
I finished the solider Helmet by Satchmo III, I hope you like it
[IMAGE REMOVED]

Awesome stuff. I'm glad it went together well.

Hello, Satchmo III

I would like to thank you for posting the Elite Ranger files and all of the Halo weapons here on your thread. I have taken up the goal to make a full sized Elite Ranger of my very own to us at conventions. I am already hard at work on it and hope to have it done in about a year. I well start a build page when I am able too, so that I can show every one what I have accomplished. I look forward to reading more on your thread and from all of the 405th on ideas and techniques that I can us to make my Elite Ranger.

Thank You

You're welcome, Warrior Of Light. Thank you for the note and good luck with the build when you get at it.

what about the helmet from the Forward Unto Dawn Mark VI ? The same MK VI as seen in "the package" episode of Halo Legends. I would love to build that helmet!

[IMAGE REMOVED]
I think that's actually John's Mk IV armor. If I'm not mistaken, Forward Unto Dawn takes place around the time of the fall of Harvest, so the Spartans would still be in their Mk IV's. But, yes I agree that it would be sweet to be able to have a file for that helmet!
I second that^^^

actually I think it would be fabulous if the community could make all the forward unto dawn style files, it is a great look
Now isn't the armor seen in Forward Unto Dawn the armor taken from Halo Legends?? It looks just like it. Especially the shoulder pieces.
From what I can tell, yes, it's taken directly from Halo Legends, right down to the "117" on his chest.

I would like to look into drafting this helmet. I don't know that I'll have the time to work up an entire suit. I will put the helmet on the request log at the beginning of the thread.

Can someone make the halo 4 soldier(daemon) helmet Eva foam templet friendly? I would love to make a foam version of this to wear for the halo 4 midnight release =D

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2
The Demon unfold is already very foam friendly and would probably be one of the easiest helmets to learn how to unfold for foam. You only need to disconnect some of the larger pieces, turn flaps and IDs off and you are done. It would take about 10 minutes. I would do it but I still want to edit part of the mouth before I make mine.
when you make your edit to the solider (demon) Helmet, what are you planning on doing to it. I was just wondering cuz I'm debating to making a second Solider(demon) Helmet, but slightly wider...
I'm just fixing the part around the corner of the mouth-chin.
Would you mind uploading your revised version when your finished?

Thank you for responding to vincentallen2, Zat German. I hope your foam modification comes out well.

Omg nice models but waiting patiently for the next set
Hmm the reason why your going slow is probably due to the elite minor armor set

Am I correct?

Hmm...no, unfortunately you are not correct. There are some other things I'd like to model before going after more elite armors. I'm on a bit of a modeling hiatus right now...I was getting a little burnt out so I'm recharging my batteries and working on a few builds.

I'd love to see this also. There is another type of helm similar to this one. It's a mixed model posted here on DeviantART --> http://sttheo.deviantart.com/ This person has some awesome art work that you could use to fill in some of the blanks.:cool ( I talked to once about doing a build off some of his work and he said he'd love to see someone wearing his art.)

And as always awesome work on you're files Satchmo-III. I love you're work. :D

Thanks thorn696, I always appreciate you checking things out over here. I looked through Theo's gallery...that stuff is insane. I can tell he draws inspiration from Reach, WH40K, and Metal Gear but the detail, original spin, and wealth of stuff he has is really cool. It might be neat to tackle some of it for model work...I'll file this somewhere in my brain for later, thanks for the heads-up. Let me know if you find any other cool stuff.

harnor already modeled this one.

harnor has worked this one up (http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/30813-Halo-Reach-Concept-Art?p=619428#post619428).

Has anyone actually made one of these yet?
[IMAGE REMOVED]
I tried searching and googling for it, and the only results are this thread (and only page 1 where Satchmo himself mentions it) and the sites that are hosting the pdo file.

Here, I made one:
[IMAGE REMOVED]

It's a very difficult piece to pep, I think it may partly be the way I did the unfold (sorry Satchmo, I had to try unfolding it my own way), but it's also partly the way some of the pieces come together. If I made a second one it would come out 10x nicer now that I know where the problem areas are. It would also be a good idea to make some reinforcement struts for this piece due to the difficulties with it.

I have made this one with foam. I understand what you're saying about how the paper pieces come together but like you said, as you become more familiar with a model, the easier it goes together. No worries about creating your own unfold...I think it's a great idea for those who enjoy this hobby to learn how to unfold well. I think knowing how to unfold is very helpful in understanding how a model goes together.

yeah no offence satch the elite peps are hard to cut out and paste, i had to revise your elite handplate....:(

To each their own. I might suggest using patience when approaching the elite models. I've put together the hand-plate paper myself and didn't have too much trouble. I scaled the model to be 'human-sized' but even at that I think it might be a bit small...perhaps up-scaling it might be helpful for you.

Hey satchmo, thanks for all the great models... I'm getting close to molding the commando concept and I have to say your work is amazing. Check my link below for pics :)

Sparten0486 you can get one on amazon for cheap.

But this is a model thread not a help with armor thread and I know that you are new but do a little research with what thread you are posting in......k:)

NON-WORK RELATED UPDATE...
Looks great, CoolC. Thanks for putting it together. How well does it fit? Will you be hardening this as well?

Hey Satch, sorry took so long to answer. I've been using YouTube to post my updates more than here.

Anyway, to answer your question, is no. Even though the helmet is adult size, the sides of the helmet are too narrow. See below.
IMG_2882.jpg

Also, you may need to revise the model. Above the ears should be protruding out, not sunken. See blue highlight below. Even that would not resolve the size. This helmet is good for display not for wear.
locust2.jpg

Here I try to fix it by putting more bondo.
IMG_2883.jpg

Really tight, but it's a CONCEPT work, not a certified protection equipment. It haven't been tested in humans yet. You're the first who try it on.

Hey Satch, sorry took so long to answer. I've been using YouTube to post my updates more than here.

Anyway, to answer your question, is no. Even though the helmet is adult size, the sides of the helmet are too narrow. See below.
IMG_2882.jpg

Also, you may need to revise the model. Above the ears should be protruding out, not sunken. See blue highlight below. Even that would not resolve the size. This helmet is good for display not for wear.
locust2.jpg

Here I try to fix it by putting more bondo.
IMG_2883.jpg

you could always slice it in half so it would be 2 pieces

I think that's actually John's Mk IV armor. If I'm not mistaken, Forward Unto Dawn takes place around the time of the fall of Harvest, so the Spartans would still be in their Mk IV's. But, yes I agree that it would be sweet to be able to have a file for that helmet!
Halo Legends is a compilation of different artists view of halo this one is the last video where his look is too early, he gets the mk vi in halo 2 this is it just in the view of the artist before any of the other halo games. They chose this suit because it probably looks the most probable to fit in. All in all it is the mk vi not iv and it looks very cool. And for everyone else to know the mc in halo4 is in the mk vi suit its just in a different engine or perspective. He is NOT wearing the mk 7 his software can only be updated and armor repaired from tiny machines.

Where can you find visors for some of the halo 4 helms? And also how can one see out of the locus helmet once its completed?

Where can you find visors for some of the halo 4 helms? And also how can one see out of the locus helmet once its completed?
best way would be to go to someone who does vinyl wrap for cars and have them put the graphic on a visor for you like they do the back windshield or maybe like the the way people are doing the Gungir helmets

Halo Legends is a compilation of different artists view of halo this one is the last video where his look is too early, he gets the mk vi in halo 2 this is it just in the view of the artist before any of the other halo games. They chose this suit because it probably looks the most probable to fit in. All in all it is the mk vi not iv and it looks very cool. And for everyone else to know the mc in halo4 is in the mk vi suit its just in a different engine or perspective. He is NOT wearing the mk 7 his software can only be updated and armor repaired from tiny machines.

NOOOO!!!! The suit in Forward unto dawn is the Mk IV given in 2525. A couple of years before the covanent attacked. The Mk V wasn't given until 2551. Then the Mk VI in 2552. While I'm starting to agree that the Armor in H4 Is MkVI (which pisses me off in an indescripable way, I mean you don't just change the armor for NO REASON when it has this big of a standing!!!) I refuse to let you say that the armor in ...fud...(XD) is MkVI.

NOOOO!!!! The suit in Forward unto dawn is the Mk IV given in 2525. A couple of years before the covanent attacked. The Mk V wasn't given until 2551. Then the Mk VI in 2552. While I'm starting to agree that the Armor in H4 Is MkVI (which pisses me off in an indescripable way, I mean you don't just change the armor for NO REASON when it has this big of a standing!!!) I refuse to let you say that the armor in ...fud...(XD) is MkVI.

Your absolutely correct. The Armor in F. U. D IS Mark 4. I remember the producers confirming this in one of the behind the scenes videos. They even stated how this suit doesnt/won't have shields, which is technology implemented in the Mark 5 and above, if my memory is correct.

Forward Unto Dawn = Mark 4 (MKIV) NOT Mark 6 (MKVI)

Look at it this way Halo Legends is a compilation of OPINIONS OF HALO so there will be different armor looks like halo 3 to 4 same armor, different opinion on what it should look like. The armor in Halo Legends is 4 but with a twist of 5 and 6 combined. The helmet looks mk6. The arms are a mix of mk 4 and 6. The chest and cod and thighs is a mk 6 look. The shin and boots are a mk 4 and 6 look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back