Model portfolio (Satchmo III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is my first post, but I am no noob at this, and I've stalked this forum for the last 6 months lol, observing and stockpiling like mflanny, and I just had to say, that focus rifle rivals ALOT of great peps. Best weapon Ive ever seen. and I second (or third) the requests for more elite armor, because you, sir, are a master. And I've yet to see elite peps.

Excellent work on your modeling.

-Eli

ADD UPDATE...

KNUCKLE PUNCH!!! Reach Elite hand-plate uploaded to beginning of thread.

Thanks everyone for your kind words!

These look spectacular! Great job with them! Your skills seem to blend into the curved models of the covies.
I am requesting one thing....could you make a low def and a high def version for the weapons? I'd like to CNC one at one point hehe.
...and I secound the concussion rifle...

Thanks, Mflanny34. I'm not very familiar with CNC'ing props...maybe we'll have to discuss it sometime.

dood i gotta say i saw your models and had a nerd gasm now the only one i have left to collect is the elite spec ops helm but thank you for the focus rifle i have been looking for one for a long time

Nerd-gasm away, man! Are you saying you have all the Elite helmets but the spec ops?

These look really cool! I especially like the "Package" file.... Hope you keep it up. I would like to see more. :)

Thanks, Goddess...hope to be able to keep it up!

that elite helmet is bloody awesome ! thank you for making it!

You're welcome, man. Thank you.

r u going to make the needle rifle??

It's not on the docket...I saw ACDCrockr209 is already working on one (looking forward to seeing that one finished).

Sir, you are awesome. I'm so excited to see someone modeling covenant weapons and armor from reach, i can't wait to build these!

Thanks skylow...I'm kinda looking forward to seeing some of the stuff get built. Also, your Mark V(b) sculpt is really cool.

...that focus rifle rivals ALOT of great peps. Best weapon Ive ever seen. and I second (or third) the requests for more elite armor, because you, sir, are a master. And I've yet to see elite peps.

I'm flattered, man. I think I'm going to be looking at some of the Elite armor in the next couple of weeks.

It's not on the docket...I saw ACDCrockr209 is already working on one (looking forward to seeing that one finished).
I am working on it, but it's nothing compared to your work, dude.

dude awesome job man, i would like to see some of the thigh attachments you know that kat has or some of the other ones but great job man =D

Satchmo your skills are made of win!! Can't wait to start the elite helm. Could I make a request? I'de love to see the Legendary emblem/coat of arms, that would be an awesome pep!

ADD UPDATE...

The fore-play is over...now let's hit up some hardcore forearm action. The Reach Elite ranger forearm has been uploaded to the beginning of the thread.

I am working on it, but it's nothing compared to your work, dude.

Keep at it man! I find the more modeling I do, the more tricks and abilities I pick up.

dude awesome job man, i would like to see some of the thigh attachments you know that kat has or some of the other ones but great job man =D

Thanks, Road Kill! I've added thigh attachments to the in-reserve list at the beginning of the tread.

Satchmo your skills are made of win!! Can't wait to start the elite helm. Could I make a request? I'de love to see the Legendary emblem/coat of arms, that would be an awesome pep!

Thanks, man. That coat of arms would be pert cool. EMAW09 recently posted a picture from another site from someone who made the thing sans swords (http://www.405th.com/showthread.php...e-Sculpt-(Well-Hopefully)?p=558867#post558867).

Keep at it man! I find the more modeling I do, the more tricks and abilities I pick up.
Yes, sir!! I have had a couple of problems with open edges, though. Do you think you can help me with them when I'm finished with it?

ADD UPDATE...

How will you serve during your term in the office of the Elites? The Elite officer helmet (a la Reach) has been uploaded to the beginning of the thread.

Satchmo um no im still collecting but for a secret project im working on it is the last armor i need. just as a hint it is the only elite that carried over from one game to another. but also is my personal fav

ADD UPDATE...

How will you serve during your term in the office of the Elites? The Elite officer helmet (a la Reach) has been uploaded to the beginning of the thread.

Thanks again, Satchmo. You did an awesome job. I was surprised at how quickly you busted this model out...lol. Great job as always.

-Tony

Again, just an incredible job. I'm so excited for these covenant files. I am building the ranger helmet as we speak and i just have to put my word in for the plasma repeater, I absolutely can't wait until you get around to it. The speed you put these out and with such quality is still blowing my mind, keep up the amazing work!

ADD UPDATE...

Bang on your chest...Elite ranger torso added to the beginning of the thread.

Astounding work, Satchmo! Keep it up! Dunno if it's any use to you, but I had some Concussion Rifle references I took with the intent to model it a while back: http://www.4shared.com/file/-dKPrBtP/Concussion_Rifle.html

Thanks, Chevysrule! I downloaded the reference pictures from your file-share...thanks a bunch, these will come in hand if/when I get to the concussion rifle (maybe in a few weeks). If you start before I do let me know so we don't double up on work-load.

Satchmo um no im still collecting but for a secret project im working on it is the last armor i need. just as a hint it is the only elite that carried over from one game to another. but also is my personal fav

Sorry man...I'm slightly confused on the message that you are trying to relay.

Thanks again, Satchmo. You did an awesome job. I was surprised at how quickly you busted this model out...lol. Great job as always.

-Tony

Thanks and welcome, brutha! I had a sense that you wanted to get things rolling (which you've done excellently, by the way) sooner rather than later.

Again, just an incredible job. I'm so excited for these covenant files. I am building the ranger helmet as we speak and i just have to put my word in for the plasma repeater, I absolutely can't wait until you get around to it. Keep up the amazing work!

Always appreciated, skylow. Are you building the ranger large or did you scale it to be more human-friendly? I have the repeater on the list but I'm kind of jonesin' to complete the other ranger armor pieces first. Thanks for the encouragement!

@ Satchmo
for the torso, are you able to remove the armour ability module from the mesh and release as a separate file?

might just make things a tad easier...

thanks,
CJ

ADD UPDATE...

We're here to pump (pause and clap) you up. Reach Elite ranger bicep added to beginning of the thread.

for the torso, are you able to remove the armour ability module from the mesh and release as a separate file?

might just make things a tad easier...

Perhaps, I'll look into it. Would your intent be to use it in place of a Spartan module?

ADD UPDATE...

Perhaps, I'll look into it. Would your intent be to use it in place of a Spartan module?
no, rather to make it more compatible with future models and ease of building
'cos i've found it is always easier to build sectioned/separated models

if not, can i work on separating it myself - along with the ranger shoulder from the base?

CJ

it is fine but just know the spec ops elite is going to be in a new game but what i was saying is for my project it is the last armor set i need

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back