Model portfolio (Satchmo III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a thought of how a human size could wear this and came up with this-

RangerMannequin.png

Not a final idea yet, could use some other ideas as well.

ADD UPDATE...

Query: What part of the chicken do Empire pilots prefer?
Response: Thigh-fighters.

Horrible? Yes? I agree. Regardless...Elite ranger thigh armor has been uploaded to the beginning of the thread.

I noticed I unfolded the bicep on A4-sized paper. I will be updating the file for letter-sized paper and will submit an update post when it's up. Until then, please know that the bicep is unfolded on A4-sized paper.

it is fine but just know the spec ops elite is going to be in a new game but what i was saying is for my project it is the last armor set i need

Alright.

this thread is now my home page, i freakin love the elite peps, please keep doing them <3

Coolio, and thank you.

Had a thought of how a human size could wear this and came up with this-

(IMAGE OMITTED)

Not a final idea yet, could use some other ideas as well.

I definitely think it's possible to work up. I'm exciting to see if/how people approach it.

Well hopefully I can start getting some pieces done for you so we can brainstorm some ideas. I really wanna see how this could turn out as well.

Very, very nice man. Keep up the awesome work. I am really interested in making an elite (I favor the Covenant and hope they turn on humanity! Lol jk) and absolutely love the ranger armor you've made, definitely gonna use your peps to make my elite. Might have it produced by the beginning of next year...too late for Halloween:/ great work as always.

-Eli

REVISION UPDATE...

I revised the ranger bicep slightly and have re-unfolded it on letter-sized paper...the links at the beginning of the post have been updated. Should anyone want the A4-sized unfold it'll be maintained at my 4shared (dated 2011.08.21).

Very, very nice man. Keep up the awesome work. I am really interested in making an elite (I favor the Covenant and hope they turn on humanity! Lol jk) and absolutely love the ranger armor you've made, definitely gonna use your peps to make my elite. Might have it produced by the beginning of next year...too late for Halloween:/ great work as always.

Thanks, Eli! Looking forward to seeing your work.

I love all your work man. Some of this stuff you have modeled I have been waiting for (impatiently) for a long time. Plus these are amazing! I'm looking forward to seeing what other stuf you build, especially more elite helmets!

Hey Satch,

Did I miss the foot and toe armor on that elite ranger? If its not there, is there much of a chance of it coming up sometime?

Thanks! Im going to make a foam set and use stilts to do this as soon as I get rolling on armor building again!

I love all your work man. Some of this stuff you have modeled I have been waiting for (impatiently) for a long time. Plus these are amazing! I'm looking forward to seeing what other stuf you build, especially more elite helmets!

Thanks Darkrider9...I know the 405th is where Spartans are born but I have to admit I wouldn't be opposed to the gene pool getting a little muddied with some Elite DNA.

Did I miss the foot and toe armor on that elite ranger? If its not there, is there much of a chance of it coming up sometime?

Thanks! Im going to make a foam set and use stilts to do this as soon as I get rolling on armor building again!

You haven't missed anything. I've been tentatively and collectively calling the foot/ankle/shin armor just the shin. When next I work on the ranger I intend to get the belt out of the way and then hit the foot stuff.

Satchmo, I normally don't make comments on designs and/or 3D concepts, but I just wanted you to know How sweet I think this looks. Who knows I might have to give it a go in a few years. It would be a great build.

ADD UPDATE...

Hell-bound...feet first. Reach Elite foot-guard uploaded to the beginning of the thread.

Satchmo, I normally don't make comments on designs and/or 3D concepts, but I just wanted you to know How sweet I think this looks. Who knows I might have to give it a go in a few years. It would be a great build.

Thanks for the unusual comment, thorn696! I think it'd be fun to build...might have to add it to my own build docket. Looking forward to seeing progress on your Mark V(b) helmet construction.

For a gas I've combined all the completed ranger models to see the full layout. The proportions may be a bit off but I think it looks pert cool.

Reach_armor_elite_ranger_model.jpg

Thanks, Arioch.

I think it looks wicked. I would like to build this some day..If things go as planned on my sculpt. And I second what Crockr said, you are a modeling machine!! lol, Pony :)

BTW, I like the ease of construction in your models :)

is just clord like that of does the color have a meaning? you are full of wonder you...amaze me as i sit an my @zz with my mouth open thinking HOLY S*** IM GOING TO FAINT AN ACURATE ELITE ARMOUR.........i think im going to start crying.....
(sniffle sniffle) [are u going to make this?

ADD UPDATE...
Thanks, Chevysrule! I downloaded the reference pictures from your file-share...thanks a bunch, these will come in hand if/when I get to the concussion rifle (maybe in a few weeks). If you start before I do let me know so we don't double up on work-load.

Hey no problem! Yeah I don't really think I'm going to model it anytime soon, if ever, so if you're still going to, feel free.

I'm going to take a short break from Elite armor and focus on some of the remaining requested items.

Dude, you are a modeling machine!

I think you've confused me with Derek Zoolander...but thank you none-the-less.

I think it looks wicked. I would like to build this some day..If things go as planned on my sculpt. And I second what Crockr said, you are a modeling machine!! lol, Pony :)

BTW, I like the ease of construction in your models :)

I have an itch to begin building it myself. Unfortunately, I'm going to be moving out of state this September though so am going to put my build projects on hold for about a month. I think I'll be able to continue modeling since there's essentially no prep work, physical work, or cleanup to deal with. I look forward to seeing your next bust update.

I do put a bit of effort into making unfolds simple and logical. Typically I stress putting together as many pieces as I can (while maintaining constructability) so as to minimize cutting/gluing.

is just clord like that of does the color have a meaning? you are full of wonder you...amaze me as i sit an my @zz with my mouth open thinking HOLY S*** IM GOING TO FAINT AN ACURATE ELITE ARMOUR.........i think im going to start crying.....
(sniffle sniffle) [are u going to make this?

The different colors are just to make the pieces stand out from each other. As I mentioned above an impending relocation is forcing me to stop work on build projects but I have started brainstorming and mocking up some stilts.

i've done the same thing - but overlayed on my sanghelli model (just the body without any armour) and it looks just as awesome!

can't wait for more amazing work!
CJ

Thanks man!

Hey no problem! Yeah I don't really think I'm going to model it anytime soon, if ever, so if you're still going to, feel free.

Okay, thanks again. If I start though I'll send you a PM quick just to let you know (I'd hate for one of us to double up on work).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back