Model portfolio (Satchmo III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice work on all the models and also how you basically did most of all the concept helmets but i am asking if you are able to make the full reach marine/odst shin piece. it would be sweet if you modeled and or unfolded it because i haven't seen any anywhere and i think a lot of people would love it but still great work.
Thank you. I thought I saw a model for that shin floating around somewhere so I passed on making one a little while back. I'll look around again and let you know if there is one (unless someone responds to you first).
I've seen foam templates for the shin, because they are on the Database. However, as far as I know, there isn't actually a model for it.

Hope this clarifies things a bit
CJ

I've seen foam templates for the shin, because they are on the Database. However, as far as I know, there isn't actually a model for it.

Hope this clarifies things a bit
CJ
Actually i meant the full shin not just the knee and yes i am aware of the foam templates but i think it would be nice to have pepakura ones. Other than that i know what you are saying and thank you for your suggestion and thank you Satchmo for taking the time to think about my request.

Hey Satchmo, good looking files! I thought I might pop in and say that I'm going to be using the version of the Halo IV helmet for a couple friends, and my partner-in-crime is going to use your Emile EVA helmet as well! Just showing my appreciation of your files and sayin' keep up the good work mate, your files surprise me every time, haha!

INFO REQUEST...

Not to let the cat out of the bag but I am hoping some of the fact finding/knowing members of the community can help me out with a dimension for the (Reach) fuel rod gun. I think the longest dimension (muzzle to butt stock) would be the best and most accurate dimension available. Please post a response within this thread if'n you have knowledge of such things. Thank you four-oh-five.

Actually i meant the full shin not just the knee and yes i am aware of the foam templates but i think it would be nice to have pepakura ones. Other than that i know what you are saying and thank you for your suggestion and thank you Satchmo for taking the time to think about my request.

I haven't seen the foam templates but looking back the model I was referring to having seen was for the ODST shin. I couldn't sleep Sunday night so I started to work up the marine shin...but unfortunately I forgot to save my work. Having wasted time I'm a bit disgusted with myself so I may not re-approach this model for a bit (wah-wuh). I'll get to it though, it's not very complicated.

Hey Satchmo, good looking files! I thought I might pop in and say that I'm going to be using the version of the Halo IV helmet for a couple friends, and my partner-in-crime is going to use your Emile EVA helmet as well! Just showing my appreciation of your files and sayin' keep up the good work mate, your files surprise me every time, haha!

Thanks Kyre! I look forward to seeing your progress.

INFO REQUEST...

I haven't seen the foam templates but looking back the model I was referring to having seen was for the ODST shin. I couldn't sleep Sunday night so I started to work up the marine shin...but unfortunately I forgot to save my work. Having wasted time I'm a bit disgusted with myself so I may not re-approach this model for a bit (wah-wuh). I'll get to it though, it's not very complicated.
Don't be disgusted with yourself, I'm pretty sure you did a great job on it and am thankful that you attempted to do it. I also hope you do an awesome job on the fuel rod gun and get your ref pic.

Don't be disgusted with yourself, I'm pretty sure you did a great job on it and am thankful that you attempted to do it. I also hope you do an awesome job on the fuel rod gun and get your ref pic.

dude its Satchmo III he is going to make the fuel rod run right :) i hope u'll have it up so i can use it on the 4th this year

i hope u'll have it up so i can use it on the 4th this year

It's a possibility, if people don't gripe him into oblivion and beg for update after update despite being pointedly told to be patient.. :rolleyes

I'm looking forward to the work you put out, Satchmo - although I'm almost wishing you didn't take this project on, just to prove you don't bow to pressure.

ADD UPDATE...

Spare the rod, spoil the child. Reach fuel rod gun has been added to the beginning of the thread.

No worries...just hate to waste time.

dude its Satchmo III he is going to make the fuel rod run right :) i hope u'll have it up so i can use it on the 4th this year
What was i thinking, Your right he will do a awesome job!

Thanks, guys.

It looks like 130.2 cm in length, overall. Here is a link to the full schematics on the wiki:
http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Type-33_Light_Anti-Armor_Weapon . Hope it helps buddy :)

-Matt

Seems awfully long but I went with it. It's always tough to gauge covie weapons. Thanks for sleuthing around.

It's a possibility, if people don't gripe him into oblivion and beg for update after update despite being pointedly told to be patient.. :rolleyes

I'm looking forward to the work you put out, Satchmo - although I'm almost wishing you didn't take this project on, just to prove you don't bow to pressure.

I feel no pressure...but I do occasionally like a good challenge and I don't hate adding to the arsenal. That said, this one was a toughie but I feel I made pretty good time. I'm kinda wiped out though and I need to take a modeling break to take up building again since I've put it down about a week ago. Thank you for the support.

Seems awfully long but I went with it. It's always tough to gauge covie weapons. Thanks for sleuthing around.

Hey, no problem. Happy to help. I don't think it seems to be excessively long, considering it is a shoulder-fired weapon. I will say this, the model turned out great!! Another fine addition to the arsenal. :)

-Matt

I... stand... deliciously corrected o.o

Thank ye.

Hey, no problem. Happy to help. I don't think it seems to be excessively long, considering it is a shoulder-fired weapon. I will say this, the model turned out great!! Another fine addition to the arsenal. :)

-Matt

Thanks again for your help and the compliment. You're probably right about the size.

sir THX U!!!! now i have something cool for the 4th :)

I'm just glad you'll stop asking for the FRG. Just kidding...I saw your build thread and am happy to see you take up the charge to build it with such vigor. I'm looking forward to seeing your build progress and think your style of reinforcement will serve you well since the model is so large.

Gorgeous work, did you make the model yourself?

Thanks, Katsu. It took three (pretty long) evenings to make it. Monday night I made the wire-frame, Tuesday night I extruded the faces, and last night I refined the shaping/details and did the unfold.

Liking the armoury image, though it might have looked a bit nicer smoothed and rendered properly. However, it does showcase the models you've made - so great work anyway!

Can't wait to see what you make next!
CJ

ADD UPDATE...

UL-tra ul-tra, read all about it. Elite ultra helmet from Reach had been uploaded to the beginning of the thread.

excellent work buddy

Thanks, Mstruvmgc.

Liking the armoury image, though it might have looked a bit nicer smoothed and rendered properly. However, it does showcase the models you've made - so great work anyway!

Can't wait to see what you make next!
CJ

Thank you. I like how the arsenal looks...it looks like how the paper would look when constructed.

Though it's probably not worth printing with the texture on I do like how the model looks with the color.

I have the game-ripped textures if you'd like me to have a crack at texturing the Ultra (or any other file) for you? And yes, I got your PM; responding to it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back