Model portfolio (Satchmo III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADD UPDATE...

Welcome back four-oh-five...it's good to see some order restored to the forums. I've re-uploaded the Halo 4 Defender and Operator helmets to the beginning of the thread that were lost when we jumped back in time.

Halo4helmetdefenderpepref2_zpsa10706dc.png

Halo4helmetoperatorpepref2_zpsa0bad2f4.png

ADD UPDATE AND COMMUNITY REQUEST...

As is becoming the case for more and more of the Halo 4 helmets in my opinion...the EOD's ugliness is starting to grow on me. I'm looking to the community to complete an unfold for this one. If interested, please provide me with a link to download your unfold and I will upload it to this thread along with proper credits to you.

http://www.4shared.com/file/CCOToZq8/Halo_4_EOD__Satchmo_III_XXX__2.html
Halo4helmetEODpepref1_zpsa3a0b2d5.png

POST RESPONSES...

Great work, this is proof of the amazing community we have here, wow, just wow!

Thanks, man.

EOD! SCORE!!!!!!!!

Hey, I don't know if someone has asked (or if it's common knowledge) but what modelling program do you use? I'm sifting through the various ones to find out which would be easy to learn/pick up.

-Seth

Satchmo, Aztlan; thanks to you gentleman i can finally stop pestering the requests thread and get started on my EOD build :) thanks alot guys, fantastic work!!

Thank you thank you thank you for the warmaster pep file! Now I can make Greenskull his helmet :D (for those of you who know who Greenskull is).

Btw, I hate to pressure modelers, and I'm not in any rush at all, but I'm going to be making an elite ultra next summer and the only pep I can find now are Rainbowdash's foam unfolds of your helmet, foot, and belt files. Do you think it would be possible for you to model the rest of the elite ultra armor? Again, I hate to do this to modelers, and I'm not trying to rush you or
anything, just a request. You don't even need to unfold it if you don't want to, I can unfold, but u can't model to save my life DX

Thanks!

UNFOLD UPDATE...

I've uploaded AZTLAN's unfold for the EOD helmet to the beginning of the thread. United States users be aware that it is unfolded for A4 paper-size so if you use it you'll have to reset the file for letter-size and modify the layout for the pieces. If someone would like to provide a letter-size unfold I will upload it to the beginning of the thread also.

POST RESPONSES...

EOD! SCORE!!!!!!!!

Hey, I don't know if someone has asked (or if it's common knowledge) but what modelling program do you use? I'm sifting through the various ones to find out which would be easy to learn/pick up.

-Seth

I use Blender and highly recommend it. I've read some of your other thread and saw you're interested in finding a really easy-to-pick-up software. If you're seriously interested in doing model work I suggest putting in the necessary time to figure out the basics even if they're not very intuitive with whatever software you're using. I don't think there's anything that you won't be able to accomplish with Blender.

hello satchmo. great work. your files and 3d models are excellent.
I just started to unfold the EOD helmet.
here is the download: http://www.4shared.com/file/LTYCQcCZ/Halo_4_EOD__Satchmo_III_Aztlan.html

IMAGE OMITTED

Saludos desde Mexico :D
greetings from mexico

Thanks for providing the unfold. I like the international coordination.

Satchmo, Aztlan; thanks to you gentleman i can finally stop pestering the requests thread and get started on my EOD build :) thanks alot guys, fantastic work!!

I'm glad you found the model and look forward to seeing what you've able to build.

Thank you thank you thank you for the warmaster pep file! Now I can make Greenskull his helmet :D (for those of you who know who Greenskull is).

Btw, I hate to pressure modelers, and I'm not in any rush at all, but I'm going to be making an elite ultra next summer and the only pep I can find now are Rainbowdash's foam unfolds of your helmet, foot, and belt files. Do you think it would be possible for you to model the rest of the elite ultra armor? Again, I hate to do this to modelers, and I'm not trying to rush you or
anything, just a request. You don't even need to unfold it if you don't want to, I can unfold, but u can't model to save my life DX

Thanks!

You're welcome for the Warmaster. This is the helmet I usually wear in-game and is probably my favorite.

I would be interested in working on commission for the Elite Ultra model pieces but I don't intend in the foreseeable future to work on them freely for the community. If this is something you'd like to discuss please send me a PM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply about the model program, I guess one of these days I'm just going to have to shut up and learn blender lol

Thank you for contributing to cosplay Satch... good job man!

-Seth

ADD UPDATE...

Cyborg ninja helmet from Metal Gear Solid 2 has been uploaded to the beginning of the thread (quick link below).

After a few years away from it I've recently gotten back into Metal Gear Solid. I thought it'd be cool to build one or two of the cyborg ninja helmets. I found a few different non-OBJ files on the net but couldn't for the life of me figure out how to convert them for use with Blender (I'm no good with plug-ins apparently)...so I decided to work up a model myself.

http://www.4shared.com/file/HXaywuMece/MGS2_helmet_cyborg_ninja__Satc.html
MGS2helmetcyborgninjaSatchmoIIIrefpic_zps7e8d69c7.png

ADD UPDATE...

Cyborg ninja helmet from Metal Gear Solid 2 has been uploaded to the beginning of the thread (quick link below).

After a few years away from it I've recently gotten back into Metal Gear Solid. I thought it'd be cool to build one or two of the cyborg ninja helmets. I found a few different non-OBJ files on the net but couldn't for the life of me figure out how to convert them for use with Blender (I'm no good with plug-ins apparently)...so I decided to work up a model myself.

http://www.4shared.com/file/HXaywuMece/MGS2_helmet_cyborg_ninja__Satc.html
MGS2helmetcyborgninjaSatchmoIIIrefpic_zps7e8d69c7.png

Nice!!! one of my favorite games and characters ever. great job on the rest of your models as well. thank you
from what model file are you trying to convert from by the way. I recently learnt how to convert fbx, mdl, smd to obj. I think I have my fbx convertor in my laptop.

btw I have been subbed for a long time.

Great to see youre still alive! Ive always liked how simplistic you models are. Really quick to put together and a great base to work with later!

REVISION UPDATE...

I've updated and uploaded the MGS2 Olga helmet to the beginning of the thread. I've slowly been tweaking this model for the last month and have built the paper three times while correcting sizing and accuracy. 4shared isn't working properly for me so I'm trying out OneDrive (not sure if I like it or not).

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=89b368e9a765cf43&id=89B368E9A765CF43!231
MGS2helmetcyborgninjaSatchmoIII2014-03-07pepref_zps532e2fb1.png

ADD UPDATE...

I've uploaded a Gray Fox helmet based on the new game model from Metal Gear Rising Revengeance as originally downloaded and modified by Darkside501st. Thank you Darkside501st for sharing the model. As with with Olga helmet I've been tweaking this model for the last month and have also built the paper three times while correcting sizing and the model's unfold. One of the more prominent revisions is the removal of the eye recesses...since these will be cut out anyway I omitted the recesses to make putting the paper together easier and to help with shaping/smoothing the helmet exterior when hardening the model.

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=89b368e9a765cf43&id=89B368E9A765CF43!230
MGRhelmetcyborgninjaSatchmoIII2014-03-02pepref_zpsf2fe18ed.png

I don't typically share build progress in this thread but thought I'd share a bit to show the correlation between developing the model and assembling the paper. Below are photos of the paper for the final Olga and Gray Fox helmets. I've used a marker to sketch in some of the detail work that will proceed after hardening the helmets.

76bd6ef1-0f25-45e5-95f3-1c1de1963aae_zps75a87e46.jpg
cb49e354-f777-48b2-8141-4329157e6616_zpsde8c7ae1.jpg

This next photo shows the entire family that's come together over the last month or so. The primary reason I re-built the paper was sizing issues but I took each sizing misstep as an opportunity to improve the model. Each of the first two Olga helmet took about 8 hours to put together, the first Gray Fox took me 10 hours. Both the final Olga and Gray Fox took under 7 hours each to assemble.

IMG_1091_zps554afa24.jpg

POST RESPONSES...

Great to see youre still alive! Ive always liked how simplistic you models are. Really quick to put together and a great base to work with later!

It's great to still be alive. Simplicity is typically what I shoot for for the paper models so I'm glad to receive such feedback. Thank you.

Thanks for the concept and elite files. I'm making a few of them for my films :)
Thanks for the awesome files. I'm done gluing the #4 and 5 concept helmets.

Cool...I'd love to see what you're able to come up with.

I try not to fill up your page with useless post. But every now and then, I just have to stop in and Say how Awesome your work is. Thank you for sharing Your hard work :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back