My repaint and additions to the rubies halo armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing I can suggest to improve the armour is to add the front metal piece on the Recon helmet's forehead. :D

Everything looks amazing... (Didn't think I would ever say that when a Rubie's suit is involved.) :p

The only thing I can suggest to improve the armour is to add the front metal piece on the Recon helmet's forehead. :D

Everything looks amazing... (Didn't think I would ever say that when a Rubie's suit is involved.) :p

I have it made ready to go just debating weather to put it on or not but with your suggestion i'm going to put it on. And also i'm going to make a recon chest piece within the next week to add too the rubies suit. yes out of the box the sut is not all that great but with a idea, and time it can turn out to look pretty good.

Ok got my recon chest piece cut out and glued together, after I finish the shoulders off to resin and fiberglass. I will post more pics when I get more done.

IMG_0493.jpg

IMG_0492.jpg

got one shoulder all put together one to go here is a pic. I will post more when I get some more wrk done.

IMG_0495.jpg

Are these pieces going to be going over top of the Rubies or are they going to be replacing parts from the Rubies?

This is looking very amazing!

:)

Are these pieces going to be going over top of the Rubies or are they going to be replacing parts from the Rubies?

This is looking very amazing!

:)

rubies is out I don't like the shoulders they don't cover the back of the arm and it has no bend in the piece. So I figured since i'm going to wear my recon helmet might as well make the recon shoulders and chest to go with the shoulders I am defiantly going to use but trying to figure out how to integrate the chest piece in. I am also making the backs for the boots as you know there is no back plate just top and toe.

Very impressive, good work for sure! :) You make the Rubies looks good ;P
I love walking normally in my Halo armour in public haha

I finished my shoulders and put them on, and got all suited up to go pick up a game from gamestop.

IMG_0498.jpg

Man that IS looking fantastic. Liking the under armor. Breathing is good.

Very impressive, good work for sure! :) You make the Rubies looks good ;P
I love walking normally in my Halo armour in public haha

LOL! I love doing that too!

Man that IS looking fantastic. Liking the under armor. Breathing is good.

LOL! I love doing that too!

Yea the under armor I got is awesome way better than the sweat suit it came with I have to change out the pants I got I am using keeper padded pant's but the back on them sags too much looks like I **** myself so i'm just going to use under armor cool skin pants. At the current moment the suit is mostly the rubies armor. I made the helmet,shoulders and the back piece for the arms, in the process of making the boots because they don't have a piece that cover the heel. Had alot of fun going out in my suit great feedback lots of pics one smart ass told me to get a life my buddy gave him a piece of his mind he told him nothing like a smart ass mouthing off to a wounded vet with a hobby lol. I figure on fri ill go to pax with the recon stuff on, then on sun MK VI change it up a little. Thx for all the great feedback.

Update I have finished making the armor pieces for the back's of my arms and in the process of peping the back's for my boots I will post pic's soon.

Ok after looking over my armor I have came to the decision to change out the orange led's with blue the blue gives off way more light and visible in well lighted areas. I need peoples opinion on the next thing, what color should I do for my secondary color not going with the black I was looking at screen shot I have taken of my spartan in halo 3 and I am leaning between orange,blue,green which would work best the secondary color will change the shoulders and the mount on the helmet and the sides of the helmet were the ear is located so input on this will be greatly appreciated.

jeez no love for my build, cant get a post lol well no input on what color to go with so I went with blue I will post pictures when it dry's.

tottally off subject I was watching pawn stars and a guy came in with his armor it was good they offered him 200 lol here is the link

o and for some odd reason there is people under the impression that this stuff is easy to do and only costs 50 dollars lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was floored when he walked into the store with that suit. We watch that show all the time and certainly wasn't expecting that. It didn't surprise me that they threw out that ridiculous offer. But I can see where they were coming from. That suit would have looked good in there shop if it was properly displayed on a mannequin though.

Back on topic. Looking forward to seeing what progress you have made on your suit.

Awesome stuff. I love the fact that you made Rubies look good! Good job, I haven't seen it done before.

Thank you out of the box the suit is crap the jump suit is horrible and hot as hell and the helmet is huge maybe if I was 7 feet tall the helmet would work but I look like I have big head mode turned on when I wear it but after some time and adding too-helmet shoulder pads and backs for the boots witch I have to get done by the 26 for pax but if the boot backs are not done no biggie you cant notice it lol it came out nice though after pax I start the rest of my recon suit chest and everything else. I added ya on XBL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back