My repaint and additions to the rubies halo armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
The newest addition to my armor is a grenade with a rare earth magnet fiber glassed on so that I can easily grab it from my side and place it back on it could look better but my skills with a dremel are not all that great i'm a solider not a artiest lol. And I put a pic that is off of the topic of my bulldog sitting by one of my helmets his name is Thycus he is named after Thycus Findlay from starcraft.

IMG_0809.jpg

IMG_0811.jpg

IMG_0817.jpg

I see a Hard Drive magnet in that 'NADE'. How well does it hold on the thigh piece? eg. will jumping cause it to slip off?

Looks like Thycus is guarding the helm. Quite vigilant! xD

I see a Hard Drive magnet in that 'NADE'. How well does it hold on the thigh piece? eg. will jumping cause it to slip off?

Looks like Thycus is guarding the helm. Quite vigilant! xD

I have tested it and I got a good 8 or so jumps and fast movement's and it didn't fall until I went at it for a bit so for average use no issues I for see it holds really well and the nade is light. If in some crummy case it does manage to get away some lucky person will end up with it lol.

I love my dog but the only thing he guards is his food bowl and his bed past that he just looks at ya and grunts.

Finally got all my pieces in the mail to put the final touches on my armor before pax. I got the pa system put in the back piece looks like hell on the inside but you cant see it and it works great, and got the sound amplifier now I have no issues hearing people talk to me or issues with people not hearing me. I was going to put my blue ant s4 Bluetooth speaker in the helmet for phone calls but i'm just going to use my ear piece I am incapable of being without a phone married and have a kid if i dont answer a call from my wife ill never hear the end of it. I also changed out the keeper sports pants with Men's Draft Coldgear® Compression Legging Bottoms by Under Armour they are awesome don't heat up and are thick enough that they don't look like spandex i'll get all geared up and get a few photos of my suit with the blue secondary paint added and magnum and grenade.

And Longshot I keep looking at your armor and I keep adding leds to mine your suit is all inspiring.

Ok here is the finished product all done woot. What has been done to the original rubies- Repainted with dark bronze hammered paint, then put the detail in with black model paint, and added silver for armor damage, traded out the MK VI helmet and shoulders with the Recon helmet and Recon shoulders, I also used the boot pieces but added the heel piece and some flex pipe to make them look all nice. I went with Royal blue for the secondary color and green for armor detail, just like my spartan off of halo 3, I have 2 fans in the helmet to keep me nice and cool, and two led's on the front of the helmet forgot to flip the switch. I ran out of 9v batteries so some things were not lit up. I added leds to the gauntlets and gloves i'll post a pic from pax with it all lit up like a Christmas tree. This is for all you haters of the rubies armor yes out of the box it's not all that great but with a vision and time it can look pretty awesome. One issue though it is a little noisy but I don't care it's looks over weight the sound.

IMG_0830.jpg

IMG_0824.jpg

IMG_0823.jpg

IMG_0822.jpg

IMG_0821.jpg

Great work soldier. Amazing work on the armor and excellent job on serving your country. also your helmet visor hole looks losided a little but still good!!

Great work soldier. Amazing work on the armor and excellent job on serving your country. also your helmet visor hole looks losided a little but still good!!

I don't know what you mean by ''losided'' I think you mean lopsided and that is because the area surrounding the visor is black and in some pictures it looks like it slightly is but it is not.

Lawacr, what tool did you use to cut out holes for the lights? Just a Dremel tool?
Also, did you reinforce your Rubies armor using any material? Thanks!

Lawacr, what tool did you use to cut out holes for the lights? Just a Dremel tool?
Also, did you reinforce your Rubies armor using any material? Thanks!

I used a dremel to cut out the slits for the led's and used hot glue and ac duct metal to hold the lights and wire's in place. I had to reinforce all the Velcro and straps, the ones that come with the suit are crummy and cheap.

nice work guys the armor looks great love the pooch :p

Thx I am very happy with how my armor turned out everyone I run into have nothing but good things to say except one guy thought I was optimums prime I have no clue what he was thinking. At pax there was a guy wearing the rubies straight out of the box he took a pic with me I wish I would have took one also so you could see just how much of a difference there is I told him about 3/4 of the suit was rubies and he didn't belive me lol.

Alright, I appreciate the info, sir!

Also, does the Rubies Halo armor include armor pieces for the heels of the feet or not? I received my used Rubies Halo armor today & just want to make sure I received all the pieces. Thanks!

Alright, I appreciate the info, sir!

Also, does the Rubies Halo armor include armor pieces for the heels of the feet or not? I received my used Rubies Halo armor today & just want to make sure I received all the pieces. Thanks!

No it does not you will have to make the heels yourself it is very easy to do and alter the parts that came with it also so it will look like a spartan boot like in the picture I added here

2011-08-26_06-40-13_946.jpg

So update to my armor I made another Recon helmet thats bigger and better wanted more room for better fans, My fans would do fine for 3 hours but would die after that and I wanted more time with batters so I'm using a 9v r/c car battery and it works a hell of alot better and last for right about 6 hours. Here is the pics of my new Recon helmet from start to finish.

7-1.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

9.jpg

420833_2792249570820_1395816422_32343290_347285878_n.jpg

8.jpg

1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.