My repaint and additions to the rubies halo armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lawacr

Jr Member
I re painted the suit and detailed it, added a spine guard and a diamond plated chest piece. I use my Recon helmet not the MK VI helmet because its way too big. My Helmet almost done just got to put in the gold visor. The suit is a W.I.P not using the jump suit it cam with way too hot so i'm going with a paintball impact jacket and some dirt bike pants, have to add a back piece to the boots because they only cover the toe and tung of the shoe. I will post more picks when I finish it some more looking for some ideas on what to do to make it look better. Out of the box this suit is disappointing, I did not purchase this my wife got it for me when I returned from my deployment to Afghanistan, I was stoked until I found some pieces were missing stuff, and the jump suit it came with was horribile and the size of the helmet it's huge. So I was at pax last year and I saw some people in armor and figured I would wipe the dust off the suit and put some time into making it my own so here is what I got and what I am working on.

IMG_0354.jpg

updated pic

IMG_0473.jpg

Ok update 6/26/11 I have made the decision to go ahead and make the suit a recon suit in the process of making the recon chest piece at the moment. It took a few times to get the size correct to fit the mrk VI chest piece I have. I think recon is the best I worked my ass off with my friends to get the armor in halo 3, so I figure why not have it for real. I have made my recon helmet already and yes I know it's missing the mount on the head I have it made it will be installed with time ill update with pics when I have it all glued together before I resin and fiberglass.

Went out in the suit after I finished my shoulders here's a pic.

IMG_0498.jpg

Some new pic's

2011-07-09_17-43-43_69.jpg

2011-07-09_17-43-31_592.jpg

7.jpg

IMG_0821.jpg

IMG_0721.jpg

2011-08-26_06-40-13_946.jpg

9.jpg

420833_2792249570820_1395816422_32343290_347285878_n.jpg

Holy Crap! That looks totaly fantastic!
At first I could not tell that it is/was a Rubies suit.
My personal gripe about the rubies suit is that it squeaks when walking around in it.

Very well done! I'll be looking at this one again, when I'm ready to retrofit my Rubies suit.

Holy Crap! That looks totaly fantastic!
At first I could not tell that it is/was a Rubies suit.
My personal gripe about the rubies suit is that it squeaks when walking around in it.

Very well done! I'll be looking at this one again, when I'm ready to retrofit my Rubies suit.

Thx yes it makes noise bit if ya put black duct tape on the inside edges it cuts it down big time. I also riveted the glove armor piece on a pair of mechanic gloves because the gloves that come with it as you know are horrible.

not bad! i like the color! id probably have a good laugh if i saw a squeeking chief walk by me :D

yea its a issue I resolved for the price they put on it they could have done better work in my opinion. I have to paint some more areas and change out the shoulder's with the scout shoulders and I am making a recon chest piece to put on, and adding amber led's to the suit in the areas that produce light in the game. I am going with my spartan off of halo 3 thx for the compliment.

Ok got the visor in my recon helmet now, so I figured I would post a pic of it. I have started putting the led's in the suit ill post a new pic of the suit later in the week waiting on the motorcycle jacket I got and the pants so I can change out the jump suit and got a bunch of buckles and straps to add so the armor does not shift when moving. I also painted some different areas after I went back and looked at screenshots I took in halo 3 to go off of for reference.

IMG_0365-1.jpg

Ok got the amber leds in the chest so i figured i would post it ill post more when i get some more wrk done.

IMG_0369-1.jpg

MMMMMmmmmm... I love lights!
Looking better and better!
:)

hey LongShot-x did you run your lights in your armor pieces individually or have plugs to run them to a single power point?

Each of my pieces has its own power supply. I tried running wires from one piece to another but then things got more complicated with donning and doffing the suit. Not to mention that I ran into issues with internal breaks in the wiring. ie. from walking and moving around.

Edit: Eg. Left forearm piece has 3 led's. All 3 LED's are connected to the same battery pack in the left forearm.

I have pics to show, but have had very little time to post them. :(
All I can say, is pics coming soon. :p

Each of my pieces has its own power supply. I tried running wires from one piece to another but then things got more complicated with donning and doffing the suit. Not to mention that I ran into issues with internal breaks in the wiring. ie. from walking and moving around.

Edit: Eg. Left forearm piece has 3 led's. All 3 LED's are connected to the same battery pack in the left forearm.

I have pics to show, but have had very little time to post them. :(
All I can say, is pics coming soon. :p

the connection issue makes sense didnt think about that i'll run them all in there own connections then thx for the advice.

Ok so I put my emblem on, and added the armor detail color, and figured I would let anyone know that is looking at my thread that the Halo 4 Trailer, and Halo CE Anniversary Trailer is up on xbox live now under the E3 channel/Games. I should be getting the rest of the stuff I need to finish wiring in the lights I will post pics when I get further along. HALO CE Anniversary NOV,15,2011 WOOT!!!!

IMG_0456-1.jpg

Ok got all the led's in but on the one shoulder piece I ran out of switch boxes got more on order but past that here are the pics of the pieces lit up.

IMG_0458.jpg

IMG_0460.jpg

IMG_0461.jpg

IMG_0465.jpg

IMG_0467.jpg

IMG_0469.jpg

IMG_0470.jpg

I am totally digging this! Esp the lighting.

If your finding that the LED's are leaking light everywhere, you can do what I did. I covered the inside with aluminum foil and then used duct tape to hold the foil in place. This also helped to increase the panels brightness.

If your finding that the LED's are leaking light everywhere, you can do what I did. I covered the inside with aluminum foil and then used duct tape to hold the foil in place. This also helped to increase the panels brightness.

Great suggestion I will be doing that to the lights, I saw you put your phone on your gauntlet on your suit i'm going to borrow your idea lol and put a Bluetooth speaker in my helmet that's my next thing im going to do. I'm still waiting for all the under armor items to come in, the jump suit is a heat stroke waiting to happen so that is not going to be used. I will post more pics when I get further along.

Well today I was all excited the fed ex, and ups guys came with my stuff for the under suit and to my disappointment the armored vest was too small for my forearms so now got to send it back and wait for another one then ill post pics with the finished product.

OK got my under armor stuff in here is a pic got to make some adjustments and additions I will post more pics when I get some more wrk done

IMG_0473.jpg

i had a problem like that in mine too, i just used silver tape though, its like a mirror tape
heres what i mean.
SILVER_TAPE.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back