Magic Storm's First Build Thread! ODST Romeo Helmet WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magic Storm

Jr Member
Hello and welcome to my first build thread on 405th. This is a work in progress thread. I will be posting update photos daily and keeping my thread organized(ocd)
I will be building an odst helmet(romeo) and maybe a suit. Any ways and methods I can improve my helmet will be thanked. I am planning to be making an ultimate helmet. With a fan, bluetooth, leds, and more. Any ideas that can make it better?

Update on helmet:
Update 1- page 1

IMG_6352.jpg

First few pages cut n glued! Looks to be the visor.

looking good. cant wait to see it done. have you thought about how your going to do the visor? vacum forming? 2 piece visor?

looking good. cant wait to see it done. have you thought about how your going to do the visor? vacum forming? 2 piece visor?

Vacumforming! Your odst helmet looks amazing btw
Edut: any tips? Seems my helmet keeps warping so i had to rip some parts off... What is your method to peping(indetail)

You need to ask yourself, what are you better at, using pepakura or adding the details by hand? I, for myself, am better handsculpting so I prefer to use a low definition helmet, pep it and then build all the details with bondo and styrene around that base helmet. Here is what I'm using:

http://www.4shared.com/file/Y3taR4Sb/ODST_rookie_helmet_Smooth.html?

It's unfolded for a 5' 8" tall guy (175cm) and is unfolded in A4 paper. I told you all this because you say your pep keep warping, the low def ones usually do not warp. I'm actually building that one, and I had unfolded the Kirrou 6 months ago, but I had an accident with it and decided tou build a lower def, and adding the details myself.

Anyway, good luck and keep the good work.

If you keep the numbers on the tabs lined up fairly well, you often have less warping.

Another fun fact, if you resin your helmet (fiberglass the inside too) you can heat the warped spot with a heat gun to soften the resin, then bend it into its proper shape, and when it cools, it will stay that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back