Grunt costume for my son

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too bad that wasn't finished a little sooner. Bungie just had it's weekly challenge over grunts. Even though all the submissions were screenshots they would have had to include this.

Like everybody else is saying, This is an awsome costume, when your son out grows it, you need to display it on a mannequin because this thing just looks to cool to just put it away in storage. Great job

WOW, great work Adam, id love to see a clip of your kid walking around in it. :p

How did you do the texturing on his legs and arms?

New and improved Grunt! Now with English-talking action! Pre-order yours today!'

I'm just joking, that's a really good grunt çostume you've got going there.

WOW, great work Adam, id love to see a clip of your kid walking around in it. :p

How did you do the texturing on his legs and arms?

Thanks, I'm hoping to get a clip with him moving about in it. Especially waddling around with the plasma grenades. :)

The limbs, head and torso are covered with model magic. So I would flatten out some pieces and then stick them to the applicable body parts. I used a bit of hot glue to help keep it in place, and then I would slightly lap over some more. In place I wanted it to look like one piece I blended the edges, and other parts I left as overlapping plates. Let the stuff dry (overnight), and frowned as some of it cracked more than others. After that I added more polyester resin over top of it to toughen it up. All in all it worked really well for the Grunts rough skin texture. I would have spent more time sculpting in details but the model magic isn't the best for details, and I was running short on time! :)

Grunt Costume Complete!!!

Alrighty here it is. The grunt costume completed!

I apologize for the images, they were taken inside (kinda obvious), as it was raining out, and my blackberry doesn't take the best indoor pics. I will be posting more images when it stops raining!

Enjoy

GruntFinished-1.jpg

GruntFinished-2.jpg
GruntFinished-3.jpg
GruntFinished-4.jpg

GruntFinished-5.jpg

Hahaha I love this! It looks so good it's hard to imagine a little boy in there! Very well done on this, I love it.

I absolutely LOVE this costume. I ahve to admit that if I were out somewhere and had to choose between a pic with a Master Chief costumer and your son, I'd have to go with your son everytime. This is just such a unique build. Now I'm really stoked to see how your wife's Elite costume turns out. Fantastic work man.

This is creeplily good. Like, I look at it and think "that is a grunt" not "that's a kid in a suit." I love the plasma grenades. There are few greater "oh crap" moments than than turning around and seeing a suicide grunt running at you. Do they detach, or are they part of the arms?

Marvelous !!!

Imagine if you encounter a platoon of them that would freak me out :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back