Grunt costume for my son

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very glad to see this finished, as Covenant armor is quite rare! Amazing job, thanks so much for sharing this, as I really enjoyed, just like everyone else did! :D

Please tell me you're going to make a Spartan suit, or at least live near someone who does so you can do a little simulated combat! :cool Keep up the great work!

Thanks everybody. Its definetly a compliment when people refer to something as the character as opposed to a costume! :)

I've got some great ideas for photos, some of which will take us downtown to simulate futuristic urban combat!

Oh, and the grenades do detach.... I'm seriously tempted to add fun tack to the backside so they can be stuck on to passing spartans. :)

damn looks really good if you dont mind can u post the links to the files u used?????? and keep up the good work

Wow looks great!! scary good job, if ur son came to my door I would swear there was a grunt standing there lol.

BEST.GRUNT.EVER.

Great job man! It would be awsome to see a spartan walking around with that little grunt behind him lol

Better than mine?

Well yours isn't done yet :p.

To OP: Fantastic job. The details/texture of the skin are just perfect. And who couldn't resist the charm of those two little plasma nades? You should definitely make a duct tape dummy of your son so you can display the grunt whenever it's not in use.

Thanks guys, my son had a great time being a grunt, and this costume was well received! He was the best prop I could have. :) Although is it bad when the prop receives more attention? LOL. He was really tired by the end of it though, and got to the point where he audibly groaned when someone asked for a photo. He loved seeing the other UNSC folk though, and loved having all of that attention on him...... poor grunt.

I did find out a few things to do to fix this costume though. Seriously need to reinforce the openings to help avoid cracking when this is being put on and taking off. Also the model magic isn't the strongest modeling material for this application, so if any one uses it, coat any areas that would receive a lot of chipping with a great deal of resin. His toes got beat up in an awful way, so his toes looked like they had pink nail polish (the colour of the craft foam below). It is definetly a fine line to walk between light weight and durable.

To those who have requested the files, now that things have calmed down I will post them, but keep in mind the scale, they are scaled for someone who is 4 feet, and you will need to cut some of the openings larger, like the head and arms.

Now that I have done this one, I may consider doing another one with more detail over the winter and do all the little bits that need to be done. I want to use it for next April, but there is a good chance he is going to grow a fair bit over the next year. So what to do, what to do.

Well not to spam my own post, but here is a pic of the finished costume..... its a picture of longing that the poor Unngoy must have. They get no respect, and just want to be accepted.... dream big little grunt, dream big!

dream_big_little_grunt_by_novemberadam-d3jgt0p.jpg

There will be more photos coming as they get processed by the wonderful photographers who took them! :)

This is just incredible. VERY realistic, the painting is dead-on, and it looks like the real deal. Superb job, you have simply nailed the look dead-on. Congrats! May your other costuming ventures be equally or even more successful!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back