Halo E3 News, Halo CE HD and Halo 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about you guys, but I would LOVE to have a Covenant only game. I want to see their side of the war and how it began.

I also wouldn't mind if Creative Assembly(Total War Franchise) got the green light to make a Halo: Total War title.

Awesome! 343 announced a title update with some neat stuff. something that is included: NO FALL DAMAGE.
and something about Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary.

"We’re pleased to confirm that we’re planning a Title Update (a small download which will add some interesting functionality) for Halo: Reach in preparation for the multiplayer aspect of Halo: Anniversary."

"We’ve talked about this as a way to better recreate the classic Halo: CE feel for the new classic maps, and it will let us do some things in gameplay that simply aren’t possible now. I don’t want to give too much away until we get through gameplay and bug-testing, but an example scenario would be allowing you to play, say, [REDACTED] with zero fall damage. Now that’s a limited and simplistic example, but it does speak to the way we’re approaching the changes philosophically. There are some bigger ticket “classic” Halo gameplay elements which people are clamoring for and which we intend to do our best to deliver on. More news about specific changes and the timing of the Title Update will be forthcoming. But I can say that, having tried a few of the more significant tweaks, certain “classic” elements are already working with beautiful and deadly efficiency."

Has anyone seen ILoveBees.com recently? There is a countdown for 5 YEARS . It has since been announced that thats the time in between halo 3 and halo 4 . So Halo 4 takes place in 2557 . There is also a new Augumented reality game out for Halo 4 . Thought you guys would like to know!

EDIT:

Here's the ARG . You MUST dig through this site . I registered myself and I will recieve a package through the mail soon.

http://www.survivalcode.com/

Has anyone seen ILoveBees.com recently? There is a countdown for 5 YEARS . It has since been announced that thats the time in between halo 3 and halo 4 . So Halo 4 takes place in 2557 . There is also a new Augumented reality game out for Halo 4 . Thought you guys would like to know!

EDIT:

Here's the ARG . You MUST dig through this site . I registered myself and I will recieve a package through the mail soon.

http://www.survivalcode.com/
The Icefly looking like ILB, aside, there's no real proof I can discern that this is an ARG for Halo 4.

That said, it does seem to be in the same vein. In any case, I'm registered and involved in this elaborate Ponzi scheme, now!

aside from being made by 42 Entertainment, i see no relation between Survival Code/Mission Icefly and halo 4...yet. i have to wait until the 15th, and i missed the drop yesterday in LA.

Icefly looks suspiciously like the bees on the background of ilb's humptydumpty.htm page.

But, in any case, as long as I don't get anthraxed in the mail, I guess this Survival Code thing can't hurt to play :p

I was at a local Gamestop yesterday, where I picked up a copy of ODST, and the cashier told me that Halo Anniversary is only available through preorder. I haven't seen anything else to that effect online. Have you people heard about this, or was the cashier just misinformed?

I was at a local Gamestop yesterday, where I picked up a copy of ODST, and the cashier told me that Halo Anniversary is only available through preorder. I haven't seen anything else to that effect online. Have you people heard about this, or was the cashier just misinformed?

He was trying to milk a preorder out of you.

I firmly believe this is some type of Halo ARG. After reviewing much of the videos, my only real clue is that the music gives it away. The filmography is VERY similar to that of the live action Reach adverts.

But the site that shows where the IceFly's are found, that repeating video plays a melody from Halo. Very distinct but brief. I feel this is Halo related

I saw a commercial for 5 last night, and it featured the Icefly as a little critter flying around a guy. It's looking a lot more like a gum ad than an ARG.

I firmly believe this is some type of Halo ARG. After reviewing much of the videos, my only real clue is that the music gives it away. The filmography is VERY similar to that of the live action Reach adverts.

But the site that shows where the IceFly's are found, that repeating video plays a melody from Halo. Very distinct but brief. I feel this is Halo related
Noting in the actualy content says Halo though.

Most of the video concentrates on Ice, and the senses. That's pretty much 5 gum's entire history of marketing right there.

Having worked at Gamestop for more years than I'd like to admit before teaching I can say he was trying to push a preorder on you. "MAYBE" he was misinformed but more likely he needed to add a few preorders to his weekly numbers. Any game you can preorder will be available to purchase without preorder. The ONLY reason to preorder a game is if the "extras" are worth it. Some decent game content can be worth the preorder but that is about it. The worst case senario is that they sell out day one and you have to wait a day or two but that is really not likely with a re-release like this.

Noting in the actualy content says Halo though.

Most of the video concentrates on Ice, and the senses. That's pretty much 5 gum's entire history of marketing right there.

While I agree with you that 5 Gum is included in the campaign (moreso than one would like) I can't help but feel that the music and other little elements are screaming Marty O' Donnell's style

well, there's nothing in the pages source codes like in ilovebees and Iris, and just because it's terry o'quinn, doesn't mean it was written by j.j. abrams, and the same could be said of the music; just cause it sounds mystical and foreboding doesn't mean it's marty o'donnell.
we will have to wait and see, but i'm keeping my eyes open for other angles and pages in-line with the common halo ARGs. the timer at ilovebees is worth looking into, i think, so i'll start there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back