Halo E3 News, Halo CE HD and Halo 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Well, they said there wouldn't be another after 3, so, hm. Are they just scrounging for money, now?"
I think when Bungie stated that there was no plans to followup Halo 3, it basically meant that They wouldn't be making another followup themselves. 343 is the new company into witch they might have more plans than just money.

On topic now. I'm very impressed about what I'm hearing about the Anniversary of CE, it seems as though 343 has listened very carefully to their communities and what they want. And that's the way any Halo developer should be.

I am concerned over one factor though. A.C.E will have the old game play engine (New graphics) and the Online will have reach's engine. To most of us hardcore fans this is a dream, but whats going to happen to people new to halo (If any existed) when they go from an outdated Campaign engine to a new Online engine again and again. It seems as though this is a very negative effect on new players as it has two completely different playing styles in one game. And it demands more of a player to learn each style and button layout. I'm hoping no new gamers or Halo players will be put off by this.

very nice find.

Thank you sir . Thought it was a cool little thing they put in there.

I wonder if they will keep armor customization, and griffball. I <3 griffball. I think I got my 1st killionaire in griffball...

In Halo CE anniversary? They will . The multiplayer runs off of the Reach eco system .
In Halo 4 ? probably . I would think that if somthing is in a previous Halo game , they would onlyexpand on it in the next .

Either way I am SO excited for both of them !

EDIT :

Here are some close-ups of Guilty spark. Any idea what the other reflections are?

Guiltyspark.jpg

Guiltyspark3.jpg

guiltyspark2.jpg

-Jacob

I am concerned over one factor though. A.C.E will have the old game play engine (New graphics) and the Online will have reach's engine. To most of us hardcore fans this is a dream, but whats going to happen to people new to halo (If any existed) when they go from an outdated Campaign engine to a new Online engine again and again. It seems as though this is a very negative effect on new players as it has two completely different playing styles in one game. And it demands more of a player to learn each style and button layout. I'm hoping no new gamers or Halo players will be put off by this.

One thing I love about Reach is how much the controls are like CE. I didn't play much of Halo 3, and I really didn't like some of the button changes. It was really refreshing to pick up Reach and instantly feel that intuitiveness again. I don't think it'll be much of stretch, button wise, to hop from old campaign to new multiplayer.

Of course, now that I've said this, someone's going to post a map of both button layouts and say "You're wrong, see!" because this is the internet.

To noodle, dude you could just buy CE Aniversary a week or two after it's out and buy it used, or just rent it Gamefly

It's been a while since I've shelled out bnib price for a game, that and my H3 360 vid card died on me, now I'm suffering through withdrawal

I haven't officially bought a game since...too long. I tend to wait long enough for the price to go down or for people to give them to me. I still haven't played ODST, and I finally got a copy of it, super cheap this week. Hooray for being broke!

I wonder if it will have the ending to the halo series, and a conclusion for master chief, also,

I might 3D model that grenade launcher pistol thing form the H4 teaser trailer

Sort of off topic, and i might be months behind everyone else. But the new Deadliest Warriors game commercial showed 343games as a developer. Its not called 343 Industries but in searching for any info on 343Games i found nothing but 343 Industries. One post stated it to not be confused with 343 industries or 505 games, but i can't find anything on 343games? Anyone care to clarify what i missed.

I think the reason master chief has different armor is because cortana hacked into some heavy machinery and found some spare parts, and just decided to stick em on there while MC was being a popsicle. The reason the add-ons suck is because AI get stupid or just explode or something after a while because they become self aware and go crazy.

One thing I love about Reach is how much the controls are like CE. I didn't play much of Halo 3, and I really didn't like some of the button changes. It was really refreshing to pick up Reach and instantly feel that intuitiveness again. I don't think it'll be much of stretch, button wise, to hop from old campaign to new multiplayer.

Of course, now that I've said this, someone's going to post a map of both button layouts and say "You're wrong, see!" because this is the internet.

You might be right on that. But another problem is the game engine itself. The campaign weapons and online weapons fire and work completely different as well as hit boxes, vehicles, collisions, grenades, movement, sensitivity, and more. Now Reach is a lot like CE so it wont be to much for your average FPS gamer to catch on after a while and master Campaign and Online but noobs might struggle with the back and forth of two different engines. Anyone who hasn't played much Halo or FPS might might not like the experience and i fear that might hurt the game in the end. Not dramatically but i still see this having an effect.

I have a suspicion/sad fact that I want to bring up and see if others agree.

If Halo Anniversary is everything it will be...and 343 lets us down with Halo 4....Halo Anniversary may just be the best Halo game made then. It has everything that made the first one great(even the pistol power),same controls and feel, and you couple that with today's graphics, what more could you ask for right? So if 343 screws up Halo 4..they are done. The fan base wont trust them to handle what Bungie gave them anymore.

halo anniversary Campaign demo gameplay

I watched this earlier, and I have to admit that it's actually looking a lot better than I expected. They weren't kidding when they said it was going to be true to the original.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a trailer that teases the terminals

What do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the most confused look on my face. anyone else understand what 343 just said or did? May have been Medicant Bias
Ok here's what I know:

A. That's Guilty Spark, that was confirmed at Halo Comic con panel.

B. These terminal are similar in the fact that there is one hidden each level, and the narrator of said terminal will change each level So it won't always be Guilty Spark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back