Gears of War 3 Baird Foam Full Suit(scratch built). Will be ready for release night.

What weapon should I make to go with my suit?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Propcustomzyuno.jpg

btw how are u gona do the lights? any ideas im hitting up radio shack this weekend to look at leds

I will backlight some opague plastic. It will diffuse the light and give it a glow rather than a light look. Just ordered 50 blue leds off of ebay.

That guy is so creepy :D

this build is sweet!! i do have a question about the boots, what are you using for a hinge?

I put a piece of flashing(thin aluminum) an each side of the hinges piece with a hole drilled in them. Then I made a small tube to go into the hole to prevent it from tearing. Then I just used a piece of 16g wire as a hinge pin.

Ur foam work is incredible! Those Baird goggles are unreal, I want a pair!
I have a mold, so casts are possible. Pm if you're actually interested :D

Ok now on to some photos. I have been cat sitting for my sister and brother in-law while they're out of town. So I havn't been able to do any serious work(don't wanna mess up their house and what not). But I did get some inside work done.

Here is the belt. For some reason(the sun was in my eyes) I put the hip and thigh pads on upside down. The top is on the bottom of the belt and the bottom is on the top. Silly me. I will just rip them off and re-glue them. Also I will make the belt a bit larger to fit me a bit better. Other than that, I am happy with how the belt, thighs, wrench, pouches are turning out.

Progress8.jpg

Progress9.jpg

Progress10.jpg

Progress11.jpg

Btw after I get Baird and Jorge done. I will be starting a super secret custom foam suit.

Also, I'm sure only about %1.2 wil know who this is. But for those of you who will, enjoy. Ello.
Worm1.jpg

Worm2.jpg

good to hear from u. looking great man, i need to get my ass in gear and start working on mine again. and labyrinth is the **** lol what u make her out of?

@Propcustomz

Gotta say man, epic work, I only have one concern though... no offense but you are a tiny little thing compared to the gigantic foodball-elite sized cog soldiers in game, so it looks a little odd right now - are you planning to fill in some of that with padding/smooth parts or just as/is

Either way its gonna be amazing work - people will just have to adjust their eyes to realize Game People /=/ Real People in proportion. Games get to cheat with physics too, parts moving through other parts or stretching as the model moves - while real life we can't do that sorta thing, "metal" won't stretch and rebound like rubber just because we breathe.

This is sick work man! Layering looks great. I was blown away buy just the boots, then I started looking at all the other pictures of your progress. Unbelievable, great detail!

Thank you guys. I will have some pics up for you tomorrow. I promise.

@Propcustomz

Gotta say man, epic work, I only have one concern though... no offense but you are a tiny little thing compared to the gigantic foodball-elite sized cog soldiers in game, so it looks a little odd right now - are you planning to fill in some of that with padding/smooth parts or just as/is

Either way its gonna be amazing work - people will just have to adjust their eyes to realize Game People /=/ Real People in proportion. Games get to cheat with physics too, parts moving through other parts or stretching as the model moves - while real life we can't do that sorta thing, "metal" won't stretch and rebound like rubber just because we breathe.

No offense taken. I'm 6' tall 170lbs of solid steel...Ok, so I'm not anywhere near their size. I will have the spaces filled with padding and my pants will be a bit loose. It should look right when it's ready. I was thinking about making some "muscle" arms for the suit. What do you guys think about that?

holy ****...lol I gotta say, i love this build bro. I'm a big fan of the Gears series and this build is doing the games more than justice. Freakin amazing work man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back