Halo reach knife and dmr wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cardstock poster board looks to be 1/16 inch thick and the styrofoam board looks to be just under 1/4 inch thick. This can all be bought at hobby lobby or equivalent arts and crafts store. What I would suggest, since the reach pistol is my next project, is to start with 4 pieces of foam board stacked and glued together as the main body. Elmers extra tacky glue is perfect. Once the main body is together and dried, use the thinner poster board for all the outer detail pieces. If you are using the sliced pistol file you'll know what I mean. The main body, upper module and lower module can all be started with the foam board stacked, then finished with the thinner board.

Update with scope added

Few more minor details and insignias to add. COMMENTS PLEASE

TO CLARIFY, THIS IS NOT A NERF RECON GUN. IT IS A COMPLETELY SEPARATE MODEL

2011-07-05004147.jpg
2011-07-05004125.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
To Roceifin, none of the parts move. Didn't have the patience to figure out mechanics of getting those small parts to move. To zwave343, steal away, the current DMR is made from foam and poster board sheets stacked and glued. The nerf recon I started out with was put aside as it wasn't working to my liking.

The sliced file just didn't look right to me once it was all together. The nerf recon is perfectly fine for making a Reach AR, as many people who have made them will show. Making a DMR out of the nerf recon would basically mean covering the entire gun, so whats the point? I looked at the pic by L05T V1K1N6 and decided to give that one a shot. Their pic is a nice black and white outline that once blown up can be used to make all the pieces individually.

Last edited by a moderator:
looks really nice dude. iam really sorry about the fact that you havent post some more pics to use your method on my own weapon :)

Man, thats great. I love the detail you were able to put in given the material you used. But also, i like the first idea you had using the nerf gun. Oh well haha good job!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back