Halo reach knife and dmr wip

Status
Not open for further replies.

plasauce

Here is my reach combat knife and DMR.The reach knife wasn't too difficult, but is isn't 100% complete.Got some poster board layered, glued and wood putty to contour. I didn't have the patience to bondo this time around, its hotter than hades down here in louisiana. My DMR is finally getting made. I am using a nerf recon as a base gun and the same poster board to build it up.

LEMME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK!!!!!!!!!

to update as of 7-5-11, the final DMR I constructed was NOT made from a nerf recon. It proved too difficult to make it with the nerf gun so I started from scratch with stacked foam poster board and regular poster board. NO NERF RECON

2011-06-05202112.jpg
2011-06-07160607.jpg
2011-06-07160343.jpg

To clarify, no foam is being used on this build. The knife was constructed from a type of cardboard poster board and finished up with wood putty. The DMR will be built using the same.

Yeah, i thought it was foam. please edit your first post changing the caps lock. How did you use the wood putty? did you apply it and then sand it?

Nice, really digging the carbon fiber handle. Though wondering why you didn't simply add this to your Mark V suit build thread...

Well, I was going to add it, but decided to showcase the miscellaneous pieces on their own. I am gonna try and modify my signature to link everything together. The handle itself is covered with believe it or not a super cheap sample piece of mock carbon fiber I got from a auto parts dealer on ebay. http://tinyurl.com/5trcglx 99 cents for a 4" x 8" sample. With that I made a my metal gear solid stun knife and had enough left over for my reach knife. And I still have some left.

Update: 2 versions of DMR

Work on the nerf/DMR is going good. But I also wanted to try building the sliced DMR. So Here are some progress pics. ENJOY!!

To clarify, these two versions of the DMR were abandoned. The most recent pics especially from 7-4-11 were of a DMR I made from a completely different pic. NO NERF RECON, and the stacked version started in this pic was abandoned.

2011-06-08115724.jpg
2011-06-08233614.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
first 5 pieces stacked. tonite, other 5 getting cut

THIS VERSION ABANDONED
2011-06-10124836.jpg

DMR update

This is my current version of the DMR. Its the newest construction I've started based on the picture it's posted with. At this point it could almost be considered a carbine.
328333259.jpg

dang! lookin good!!! is the DMR on the right the Nerf rifle or the sliced?? What are you using to build the DMR? Foam board?? I just might try a DMR after seeing this!

The DMR I am currently working on is a completely separate model. The nerf version will be abandoned and the gun will be used to make a reach AR later. The sliced version is completely abandoned. I used this pic by L05T V1K1N6 as a blueprint to construct the DMR.
M393DMRschematicscustom.jpg

Using MS paint believe it or not, I enlarged the pic to the size I believed was correct. Trial and error basically. Once it was to the size I liked I cut out and used the printout as a stencil for foam poster board, stacking around 4 pieces together for the main outline. From there it was just a matter of figuring out the barrel, trigger area, vented area around the barrel. Its time consuming, but totally doable.

New update-painted-scope next

The main body of the rifle is painted. Only a few pieces here and there to add on. The scope will be constructed next. COMMENTS PLEASE!!!!

2011-07-01224113.jpg
2011-07-01224155.jpg
2011-07-01224218.jpg

That is amazing. Are the details foam also?

I have some foam board laying around too... That may be my next project. :)

Main body is foam poster boards stacked 4 thick. The outer details are regular poster board. Like a really thick cardstock, can't remember the exact type. Foam because its easy to cut, stack and glue and it is nice and flat. The regular poster board because its sturdy and can be folded when needed.

I'm hoping to put some decals, but my tools are pretty limited. My printer is running out of ink and the one at my job is only black and white. If anyone has any suggestions for the decal areas I am more than open to suggestions on that one.

You could try creating your own stencils to paint the text/decals on, that might also make the decals on the DMR last longer.

Holy cow thats awesome! Ive been thinking on trying this for the pistol, but seeing how well it worked for the DMR... I need to get some poster board. What thickness was the poster board you used?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back