WHS Red vs. Blue build (Very Pic Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats on contest.

That's great SA! Congrats on the first place spot buddy.:)

Thanks guys, It was a ton of fun and well worth all the effort. I just can't wait till the guys get suits finished so we can roll out in style. :)

yay caboose but shouldnt sarge have a shotgun?

Yes, yes he should. However, sometimes you just take pictures with whatever weapon you happen to have finished. In this case it was the two pieces from LeeKeagan. At some point I will have to make a good shotgun to go with the suit but for now, I'm focused on the student's suits.

Okay so after WAY too long of a break I finally got some of the guys back in the building mood. Donut finished up one bicep and is starting the chest. Caboose is resining the Helmet and hopefully we'll get to the rondo over the next week or so. Here are the pics I have. Not a lot to show but its good to be building again.

Pics:
DSC_0439.jpg

DSC_0432.jpg

20120123_0683.jpg

20120214_0687.jpg

20120214_0688.jpg

this is fantastic =D freakin awesome and love the pics of you just walking around the halls
great job guys keep up the great work =D

GO GO GO! It's already February and there's only so many weeks left in the semester...

Seriously though, it's good to see you building again and great to know that you're still on track. I was starting to wonder what had happened to you and your crew.

Everytime I see this thread I wonder if my scout group would be interested in doing something like this. Not sure where I would find work space to keep/work-on all the Works-in-Progress. And I have no idea how many are into Halo. But it is fun to think about.

I'm glad to see people back at work, this is an awesome project! Anyone planning to wear their suit to prom?

Thanks for all the encouragement and kind words. I'm down to two die hards but things are progressing along. Hopefully I'll have more to show soon. The chest piece for Donut is our focus right now and things are going smoothly. I'm trying a few mods to L3x's chest patterns to make them fit the smaller guys a bit better.

Hopefully the custom fit will sell the overall look much more and make it easier for them to move around in.

Good to see you & the crew grinding it out again. Hopefully you can keep everyone modivated! great work so far! Good luck!

Tony

Thanks Tony. Unfortunately the crew has been reduced to just two other builders. But they are both motivated to finish before 4 releases, so hopefully we can make it.

With only an hour or two to work every other day or so, there aren't a lot of big updates but I'll post what we do have as it comes around.

DSC_0018-1.jpg

DSC_0020-1.jpg

DSC_0021-1.jpg

the scaling looks good. We trimmed the center section by about an inch on both sides. this brough everything in enough that the armor will hopefully look like it was built just for him rather than a "one size fit all" approach.

hope you enjoy and please feel free to comment or offer suggestions. We love the constructive help.

SA, everything is coming along nicely. I am glad you guys are back up and building. The foam parts look great :)
I cant wait to see more!

Thank you all again for the kind words and support.

Small update today:

We finished the back of a new chest piece. Each piece brings new lessons learned and each time the pieces are getting better. It'll be a nice to see this get all the touch up and final paint job.

20120301_0695.jpg

20120301_0693.jpg

20120301_0694.jpg

I'm really happy with the scale on this one. The surprising thing is it fit me as well. Even though he is almost a foot shorter than me our chest sizes are roughly the same so Now I've got a great base scale to work with.

I hope your students read through the comments in this thread. Everyone here thinks that this is an inspirational project. The kids (and you too) are doing a great job. I enjoy seeing these builds coming together and the foam work looks amazing. Tell the guys to keep up the good work and that the 405th is behind them all the way! Who knows, maybe one of them could end up becoming another master prop maker like Volpin or Thorsolli.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back