Recon helmet finished Pic heavy

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartanx360

hello guys and gals.

today i want to show you all my recon helmet build.
i builded this for my girlfriend who loves yellow and smileys ;)

this was a project for after my exams, but i'm still doing my exams and had too much spare time :p

so here we go:

first step: concept art:
img_0264.jpg

img_0265.jpg
img_0266.jpg

step 2: pepakura
IMG_0267.jpg
IMG_0268.jpg

i cutted this out with my plotter in hardstock paper

IMG_0273.jpg
IMG_0274.jpg
IMG_0275.jpg
IMG_0276.jpg
IMG_0277.jpg
IMG_0278.jpg
IMG_0279.jpg
IMG_0280.jpg

update

step 3: resin
IMG_0290.jpg
IMG_0291.jpg
IMG_0292.jpg
IMG_0293.jpg
IMG_0294.jpg

i cutted the helmet in half so that my head could fit into it better.
IMG_0296.jpg
IMG_0297.jpg
IMG_0298.jpg

step 4: fiberglass
IMG_0299.jpg
IMG_0300.jpg
IMG_0301.jpg
IMG_0302.jpg
IMG_0303.jpg
IMG_0304.jpg
IMG_0305.jpg

update 2

after sanding comes step 5: liquid plamur (spuitplamuur) this smooths and acts as a primer before painting
IMG_0306.jpg
IMG_0307.jpg
IMG_0308.jpg
86f345d5.jpg

now step 6: making the helmet whole again :p
b5184749.jpg
c40eec09.jpg
92758c7c.jpg
1f8df38c.jpg

step 7: painting

6b6a5c15.jpg
1cad61d1.jpg
b9dc70b3.jpg
62bccac6.jpg
a029b876.jpg
55e58fb3.jpg

update 3

last step: make it shiny and water proof with vernis (i don't know the english word:p)
and put in the visor
29c074b1.jpg
IMG_0330.jpg
IMG_0331.jpg
IMG_0332.jpg
IMG_0333.jpg

thank you for watching.
if you have any questions, ask me, i like feedback:p

final result
masterview.png

I liek the hinge idea. does it look a weird when wearing it?

no, you can only see a small cut line, and the hinge is above, normally you don't even see the hinge

and the person who is wearing it doesn't notice anything, maybe extra breathing holes :p

Nice! This seems to have come out quite well! And i also like the hinge idea, thats pretty cool! I am actually just finishing up a recon helmet of my own! Also, if you plan on making something else, id suggest using some bondo on it. the stuff works wonders when it comes to smoothing things out. But over all, it looks really good! Was this your first build?

Nice! This seems to have come out quite well! And i also like the hinge idea, thats pretty cool! I am actually just finishing up a recon helmet of my own! Also, if you plan on making something else, id suggest using some bondo on it. the stuff works wonders when it comes to smoothing things out. But over all, it looks really good! Was this your first build?

yeah, i know about bondo, but i suck at putting it on, it always looks more bad when i do it :p, i always sand more then i put bondo on it:p
so, not a good option for me. this was my last pep, i changed to a more detailed and easier way.

i now use a cnc machine in foam and then thermoform it, then you dont need bondo, and its always perfect with details

yeah, i know about bondo, but i suck at putting it on, it always looks more bad when i do it :p, i always sand more then i put bondo on it:p
so, not a good option for me. this was my last pep, i changed to a more detailed and easier way.

i now use a cnc machine in foam and then thermoform it, then you dont need bondo, and its always perfect with details

Boy, i with I had access to a cnc..... Of course im perfectly fine with using pep. Do you work in a machine shop or something, or did you just ask someone if you could use it?

Boy, i with I had access to a cnc..... Of course im perfectly fine with using pep. Do you work in a machine shop or something, or did you just ask someone if you could use it?

my dad has a shop in polyester and cold harding plastics, his side hobby is cnc cutting for easy molds and stuff. i just fell with my ass in the butter :p an i learned from him how to use it.

hey, look!
A guy from not too far away (dutchie heer)
Are you from the dutch speaking part: if yes, you'll understand this
De helm ziet er echt goed uit! Doet me erg aan mijn recon denken

hey, look!
A guy from not too far away (dutchie heer)
Are you from the dutch speaking part: if yes, you'll understand this
De helm ziet er echt goed uit! Doet me erg aan mijn recon denken

Haha. Ja ik versta het. Ik ben van brugge. :p bedankt voor the feedback.

Now back to english. Thanks everyone for the nice feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back