Master Chief build no 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vow Of Pity

Well, I've decided to scrap the build i had last year and start over. i feel that this time round i can do better pep wise because of some of the things that i have made :p so without further a due the end of something old and the start of something new:
DSC00016.jpg

DSC00015.jpg

ALSO:
ODST.jpg

Please comment :p will update as soon as i finish my pep helmet

looking good so far. its always a difficult decision to restart. not to mention the tedious cutting. good luck
(the bucket picture made me laugh)

yeah, was wrecking my head, but i figured this way i can start and not stop ( except for food and sleep:p) wont be glassing anything for a while yet, building a shed that i can work in, dont really have anywhere atm to work out of :p

update time:
finished pepping my helmet, on the the left bicep until i get more cardstock
DSC00018.jpg

Part way through the build, tried to do everything symmetrical
DSC00019.jpg

DSC00020.jpg

The finished helmet:
DSC00021.jpg

DSC00022.jpg

DSC00023.jpg

DSC00024.jpg

Pretty good looking pep. My one concern is the lack of a visor. That might cause the helmet to distort when you are doing the hardening steps. I've cut out two visors from finished helmets I've made so far and they really are not that difficult to remove.

Pretty good looking pep. My one concern is the lack of a visor. That might cause the helmet to distort when you are doing the hardening steps. I've cut out two visors from finished helmets I've made so far and they really are not that difficult to remove.
DSC00028.jpg

How about now? :p (BTW, thats hotglued in, and wont be coming out until after i've fibreglassed)

How about now? :p (BTW, thats hotglued in, and wont be coming out until after i've fibreglassed)

Ooooh, I'm afraid you might have made a big mistake. When EMAW09 mentioned the visor, I'm fairly sure he was referring to the paper/Pep visor, which is very useful when hardening the helmet to help it maintain it's shape and not distort.

I really would not recommend installing your visor until the VERY end. Now, it's going to be very difficult to fiberglass around it and not damage it in any way. If possible, I would highly recommend you remove it, install the Pep visor, and continue with the hardening process.

Ooooh, I'm afraid you might have made a big mistake. When EMAW09 mentioned the visor, I'm fairly sure he was referring to the paper/Pep visor, which is very useful when hardening the helmet to help it maintain it's shape and not distort.

I really would not recommend installing your visor until the VERY end. Now, it's going to be very difficult to fiberglass around it and not damage it in any way. If possible, I would highly recommend you remove it, install the Pep visor, and continue with the hardening process.

oh no, i knew what he meant, also its just a temporary visor, its not the actual visor i'll be using, sort of just to keep the shape and make it look cool lol i got lioke 6 of those visors for like €5 :D

oh no, i knew what he meant, also its just a temporary visor, its not the actual visor i'll be using, sort of just to keep the shape and make it look cool lol i got lioke 6 of those visors for like €5 :D

Where did you get the visors from?

I'll be interested to see how that turns out. Will you do rondo or fiberglass on the inside? I wish I could find visors that cheap.

I'll be interested to see how that turns out. Will you do rondo or fiberglass on the inside? I wish I could find visors that cheap.
Thanks :p I'll be fiberglassing the inside, and i am sort of thinking of making a mold of my ODST helmet once i have that finished... nothings definate yet, but i'll definantly know by the time i get to that stage :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back