Pipinacan security helmet and multiplayer build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pipinacan

Starting my next project, which is my reach multiplayer character, modeled by fat-hi555, and I think unfolded by bd50. The whole suit aside from the helmet will be foam, aside from the helmet, which is what I am starting out with now!

2vkdfua.jpg

got the pep stuff down, going to sculpt the chin in so I just left cardboard in that area instead of teeny folds lol

35d9lhv.jpg

and the resin and rondo inside

24cxdv4.jpg

bondo begins!

t7ixx0.jpg

size for yall

2eatp8h.jpg

let me know what you think! and this is my character in game, and my hopefully final result

24cxlzt.jpg

4j50sz.jpg

I assume you are going to vacu-form the visor? Also, when that helmet is sanded it will look much better. Looking forward to seeing it finished.

I assume you are going to vacu-form the visor? Also, when that helmet is sanded it will look much better. Looking forward to seeing it finished.

actually, I was not planning on vac-forming the visor at all, I have an idea at how I can do the visor really well, but I'm far from that step in the build

Noticed a not big problem, but kinda flaw in the pep last night while taking some screenies for the build, there's a ridge in the pep that really just doesn't exist in game :$ if any of you pep this helmet or just open it up in the viewer you'll be able to see it

the detail line circled is just a ridge on the file
30wqzrk.jpg

2psr6ep.jpg

Now back to the build, done a lot of bondo-esque work, used epoxy putty to make the helmet crests I guess on top, or whatever they're called, and am currently filling it in with bondo, I will have to file down some parts to make it even, but this will at least give me something to work with, tell me what you think!

25amccl.jpg

erasing the ridge

70yqfs.jpg

nywswo.jpg

drew lines on the visor line so I wouldn't get confused

2s9rsl5.jpg

on this last one you can kinda see the epoxy wall still on the left side, and you can also see how I need to do some evening of them, free-hand can't always be perfect!

Looks like that ridge isn't much of a big deal, but you can always put some Bondo over it, then smooth it a lot so it is not really noticeable. Looking good so far; in the pictures it looks like just a bit of smoothing and you can start your painting. I don't think that many people will notice it since most people love looking at the front of a set of armour.

@ Bory: thank for the feedback, nice to know someone looks at my stuff lol and more bondo is exactly what I did!

well I just typed a whole post and the computer shut off, so in a fit of rage I'm cutting out most of my typing, because yall wait for the pics, right? :p

2qa09ea.jpg

oa7rzm.jpg

hx3uoo.jpg

just primered the helmet, to make sure it's going smooth, waiting for my magic sculpt to come in today so I can finish the front and the center top

2926wpf.jpg

2hz2wd0.jpg

2dv8pqb.jpg

2i6e0ie.jpg

mwahahahaha
9kp6rm.jpg

Project- yeah man I remember you! I got a thread with two pics I think of us both in them, go check it out! thanks for commenting

not a big following a got on this thread apparently, I'd like any feedback from yall, good or bad

just got some pics of progress, done a bunch of sculpting with magic sculpt, I'll be able to cut out and make my visor soon I think! :D

v325at.jpg

no7z21.jpg

900j9e.jpg

9h7w5g.jpg

2vsp0t1.jpg

ANY AND ALL FEEDBACK IS WELCOME!

DEAR 405TH, I LIKE FEEDBACK!

kinda makes me feel like there's no point in posting, but did a lot of work on the helmet today, gonna fix the back, but I got carried away painting it, I'd ask for anyone's opinions, but no one comments anyways lol

293ayki.jpg

wbs8sz.jpg

v58z06.jpg

b5jm9s.jpg

24pcryt.jpg

2d780w8.jpg

fvxo3o.jpg

j7fabk.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Pip,
I'm diggin the paint. Its subtle but really effective. Not too many people can pull off the grays that well. I'm curious about your mistery plan for the visor. I'll be keeping an eye for the details.

I like it my man. The color scheme is pimp. THey make some bubble full face shields online, i think they are scooter full face visor, not sure exactly, but it may work for your visor. Keep up the good work bro-ham!

@artist- thanks for the feedback, unfortunately my plan isn't working as great as I'd hope, but you'll see farther down
@black- thanks man! I really do like the color, did it by hand, had to mix a bunch lol can't wait to see how your two project helms turn out!
@costumer- thanks! hope you keep me updated on your opinion! hoping this build goes well

well guys, this visor idea started awesome in my head, but has now diminished into a ehh, it looks ok, but do I really just want to settle kind of situation. I used a 5 snap on flexible faceshield I got at the local cycle center for $6.95, can't beat that ehh? It seemed almost to perfect, but once I got my template cut out and kinda held it in, I realized there is absolutely no curve to the visor, which kind makes it look off! :mad:

I really want opinions on this, I can seal off the visor now and just make it work without a curve, or I can see if I can get a more curved one and have this incase it doesn't work.

please, tell me what you think I should do!

the visor:

33oi0e1.jpg

125mf07.jpg

2vl0d1g.jpg

157dhr7.jpg

sorry for the smudges lol

f9fp6w.jpg

hta0cw.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back