All My Pepakura Files and 3D Models Have Been Removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nintendude

On purpose, and for personal reasons all of my files have been removed from the internet. I will not give a reason why as to me that's personal, but this is just to let people know that all my 3D Models and Pep Models are no longer available for download. Please do not contact me by PM asking for files as well you won't get a response.

And Tomahawknutter I was getting ready to contact you but this saves time. I'm compiling what files of mine you have in your collection and would appreciate it if you would remove them from the ZIPs going to give it a bit of time as well before I send you that list to give people time to get what files they want. Let's just say I'm in a really foul mood, tired of wasting my time helping people out and tired of being bugged by people for files. My PM's are already turned off, as well as Friend Requests.

yeah no worries mate, will do :)

tbh i will just pull the link down completely cause its mostly your stuff lol, i have all i need to keep me going for ever, if people want files they can look for them themselves,

I hear ya, Nintendude.
This is exactly why people need to do things for themselves. We have a search button that works well, if you don't like it, use Google, but most links just take you back here anyway. Just because a few of us have done the work to find/make all of these files we are sharing, doesn't mean that we want to spend hours/days searching/modeling for you. This is not our job. Daily PM's are annoying if you have nothing to offer in return.

Do NOT bug another member to search for something for you.
Do NOT keep sending PM's repeatedly if you don't get a response the next day.

We all have lives outside of the 405th. Taking advantage of someone who is willing to help you is a douchebag move. Just remember that if you cause one person to quit being nice and sharing files, you ruin it for everyone. This is a community of like-minded individuals who like to build replicas. If not for hard-working and talented individuals, this site, and others like it would not exist. Your armor would not look like this:
finished2.jpg

It would look instead, like this:
d1ec27beed.jpg

Help each other. If you have nothing to offer in return, thank the modeler, thank the one who helped you find what you were looking for. If you haven't read the stickies...
READ THE STICKIES!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry you going through some stuff. I know you've done a lot on here but I understand if a few have made you feel this way. Most of us do have outside priorities and pepping is supposed to be a hobby for some. If it ain't fun gotta stop for a while.

Thats a shame. I posted yesterday how you had been generous in the past. I think people take that for granted. Sorry you turned your PMs off, if you read this, I got the helmet today, its in great shape in will work out wonderfully. Thank you!

And thank you for the work you did and the good it did for those who appreciated it.

This is a sad day... although I still respect your decision. It was hard to understand why you ever did it for free. I would have totally paid good money for that crysis 2 nanosuit :/

I completely feel your pain on this issue. Since completing my DP helmet and selling some kits I have been assailed quite regularly by people requesting complete helmets for absurdly low prices. I can only imagine what Volpin goes through! My usual solution has been to simply name a price (make it high). This gets rid of 99% of the buggers straight away. People will use you up if you let them.

And another one bites the dust. It's starting to get to me that the people on here are so disrespectful that they leave awesome modelers little choice but to withold their talent for the rest of us that genuinely appreciate the work. Nintendude, I'm sorry to see it come to this, but I completely understand.

I'm sorry to hear that a great artist has been driven this far. I know that all those memebers who have been around a lot longer than me know even better what a loss this is. I can say only from the perspective of an artist that I know how far it must have gotten for you to want to no longer share your talents.

We as a community really need to find a way to help solve this type of problem before it gets to the point that we loose a great artist. Until we do we will continue to loose valuable expertise and skills.

I'm sorry dude! I hate to hear this. I'd be more than happy to pay for files if I had to!
Everything that everyone else has said holds true to what I believe.

I am sorry to read that you have removed your files and that you are so troubled. I appreciate your hard work and generosity of sharing the files with the members here. Many do not posess the skill set to create 3D models and create Pepakura unfolds. I would be more than willing to pay for unfolded files. I have purchased files from other RPF members in the past like Big skip and we are friends on facebook.

I feel your pain. I'm all about helping someone who is genuinely trying hard and doing work on their own. Pointing them in the right direction and all. But a lot of people just want you to throw everything into their lap and do all of the work for them. It truly is frustrating. As a guy who has worked years and years to develop my skills and knowledge, I totally respect your decision. I do hope things look up for you though, man.

Nice comparison pic dung :)

I agree with Stealth. I guess I'm a bit of a capitalist, in that regard. Though, I have had a similar occurrence happen to me.

A person bought a custom set of Mandalorian armor from me, as most usually do. However, not long after, I saw that they used it to create a number of vac-form pulls and began selling them for twice what I charged them... Needless to say, I was a little fumed. That was the last set of custom work I did.

Between that and people going through the entire order process (about two weeks of work) and then agreeing but not paying... Yeah, I do feel your pain, brother.

If you charge for the files, you will weed out the majority of the I.D.10-Ts. Not to mention, it will give you some light compensation that you can turn around for a larger costuming budget.

But, that's just my opinion... I could be wrong.

This really sucks man. I hate to it but I get where you are coming from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back