Hyo's Female Reach Build - Finished

Status
Not open for further replies.
man, insane how awesome you're doing, the colors are just fantastic! got a vac-former made for the pilot already?

That is freaking awesome! Maybe 7 years down the road when I'm done with collage and got life all settled I'll be able to do half as good...
EVA's totally my fav! Thumbs up on the similar helmet, and can't wait for an update!

Very cool Hyo!!! Hey how did you cut and strap your torso piece? Sorry if I missed it somewhere :-/. I'm loving this build!

@Venture: Thanks! Next few days is the last sprint to finish!

@Thorn: Thanks! Hopefully I'll make it in time...

@Longshot: Thanks!

@Pip: No I didn't make a vac-former. I'm hoping to shape the visor some other way... Hopefully it works.

@Zach: Thanks! Yeah Pilot's my fave.

@Matth: The red squares indicate the area of where it's cut, and the yellow line is where the cut actually is.
The top of the torso, that seam was pretty well hidden and turned out well. The back sections, it shows a bit of a gap; because when I was resining the strapping on, I was a dummy and it was sloppy... So yeah. Longshot sent me earth magnets, but I ended up using velcro for the strapping. I'll post pics later of how I did the strapping. Or make a video tutorial, idk. But all I know is that the strapping is on there for good and it's super sturdy.

294726_10150760726540403_814300402_20380165_4907654_n.jpg

Ah, you're welcome... but I haven't said anything yet :-D

But it's looking good :)
Maybe, if you have the time, you could sew some additional details onto your stomach.

Oh, haha, I meant to write Spitfire. XD
lol but thanks anyways! XD

Yeah there's still a stomach piece I have to make that'll cover up some of that blankness.

Looking great Hyo, nothing like waiting till the last possible second to finish (I would have no idea what that's like :rolleyes ) Can't wait to see it finished in 4ish days.

Looking great Hyo, nothing like waiting till the last possible second to finish (I would have no idea what that's like :rolleyes ) Can't wait to see it finished in 4ish days.
Well I normally don't wait til the last second to finish costumes either (seriously, I don't), but yeah... :\

Well I normally don't wait til the last second to finish costumes either (seriously, I don't), but yeah... :\

I did mine to the last second. Literally on the day of the release of REACH. Ahhhhh... such stress and excitement all at the same time.

Seriously Hyo! It is really coming along super well. Glad you found an alternative to using the magnets. Due to your time constraints, I would have done the same thing. Velcro is quicker to install. :)

Keep going! Your almost there.

Hey I caught a little bit of you sewing your handplate on stickam...That was pretty neat for a first timer! But I still got this little question nagging at me (or you). Where is the connection being made; what are you sewing through? Is it some fabric glued to the armor or is it foam or what? I believe you can make it in time for PAX! GOOD LUCK Wait a sec...Spartans make there own luck, so nevermind, just make the luck last!

AARRGGHH!!! RACING TO FINISH!!! *FLAIL FLAIL FLAIL*

My helmet with a day's worth of work, as of yesterday:
318817_10150764027815403_814300402_20419491_3037544_n.jpg

Added a personalized touch to my armor:
315568_10150764537385403_814300402_20424947_6302815_n.jpg

And my helmet as of today... Putting in the side part of the visor right now. Sand, maybe a little spot bondo, then paint and helmet will be done.
312002_10150765849300403_814300402_20438164_4519458_n.jpg

SO CLOSE!! ARRRGHH!! MOAR TIME!!

Time flies! But it's looking good!

If it consoles you at all, I worked literally till the last minute on my armor and had to be glued into the suit the morning of Comic-Con

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back