Alternative to Mold Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noodle

I've been working making a daft punk helmet, and I decided to make a mold of it. I ordered a polyurethane based rubber (polygel 40 to be exact) and I forgot to order a release agent. Now this wouldn't be a problem if the shipping and import costs weren't four times that of the product and it would take me another week to start.

Is there any kind of spray that you guys know of that would work as an alternative for mold releases?

(I'll be showcasing my project when I'm almost done)

If you are really stuck, try warming a little petroleum jelly (Vaseline) in a pot and then brush on a very thin layer. Usually works well in a bind.

if you have a walgreens around you, just go buy some alcohol and some glycerin 8 or 9 parts alcohol and 1 to 2 parts glycerin. whatever works best for you

All mold release is, is a oil barrier that prevents your project from binding to your mold. most lubricants should work. Petroleum Jelly is a good substitute

All mold release is, is a oil barrier that prevents your project from binding to your mold. most lubricants should work. Petroleum Jelly is a good substitute

ok, well I was thinking about this last night, I'm probably going to try petroleum jelly, pam, and maybe the alcohol glycerin thing

I'll update you guys later on today, or tomorrow with the results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back