Life-size Warthog Build (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cadena

I was planning on building a simple object first like an assault rifle or a helmet for a first project. But i though might as well start big then if i can do that i can do anything, if anyone has any objections or thinks otherwise then please let me know. Any advice is welcomed and appreciated. But for now, a warthog is gonna be built...pics soon

Pictures for creation framework taken down due to misconception of intellectual property theft

Updated 6.28.11

There's a huge difference between a full-size Warthog build and a wearable armor/weapon prop build. The techniques, skills, and experience needed for each of them is quite varied, so I don't think that being able to build a full scale Warthog necessarily translates to being able to build armor or weapons.

There's nothing wrong with going all out and attempting to build a real Warthog, but please keep in mind that it doesn't necessarily prepare you for other costuming projects. (Though fair warning, the only full-size 'Hog I've seen finished is the WETA one. I've yet to see an amateur builder complete one, so forgive me/us if we're a little skeptical). You most likely will have a much better chance of success by starting smaller, getting your feet wet and building confidence for larger projects.

Just my opinion.

well u got to remember that vidoe and build wus made in 2007. this is 2011 if u know what u r doing u can make look realy good.

Good for you if you want to attempt this. Good luck!

Everyone, just a raise of hands, how many have you heard of posts wanting to make a warthog? A lot. Next question, how many of you have actually seen a warthog completed, besides WETA. The answer is none.

Intresting, this is the second warhog build I've seen using a land rover. The other being the one built for Operation Chastity. Good luck with this build its always fun watchin people go after big projects like this!

CoolC, what about the one for operation chastity?

Intresting, this is the second warhog build I've seen using a land rover. The other being the one built for Operation Chastity. Good luck with this build its always fun watchin people go after big projects like this!

CoolC, what about the one for operation chastity?

Since the time I joined last year, I haven't seen a complete warthog build. Perhaps I missed Operation Chastity. I did a search and locate the website of Operation Chastity. The three photos posted by Cadena belong to Operation Chastity. Perhaps Cadena care to comment?

Yes this is where I got the idea from I figured that if they could do it with a land rover then so could I, but the only problem is the land rover I got from the junkyard won't work due to missing and demolished parts/frame. Got to scrap this vehicle.... gonna take a while, will post new vehicle soon...

Yes this is where I got the idea from I figured that if they could do it with a land rover then so could I, but the only problem is the land rover I got from the junkyard won't work. Got to scrap this vehicle.... gonna take a while, will post new vehicle soon...

If that is the case, I suggest you edit your first post to note that the photos do not belong to you. You are trying to get some ideas from Operation Chastity.

The pictures you saw were strictly for creative support so I have an idea of step to do since I've never built a vehicle from scratch. I'm not using a land rover defender I couldn't find one ( who knows why?) In the states so I'm using a land rover discovery that I found in the junkyard and bought for 40 bucks. Will post picture tomorrow, but I'm not so naive to believe that I can post other work and claim it as my own, sorry to disappoint you. And yes that did come from operation chastity and thats how I am gonna build my warthog but I was using the picture as framework, if you will, sorry to disappoint.

Really now? Come on Cadena dont use others work make it your own, or give credit where its due.

Really? DID I NOT JUST EXPLAIN THIS? I didn't claim it as my own, I had used it a an outline of how to start, now my bad on my part for not citing the source, I didn't know I was still in English class, I will remember to cite everything, but I didn't claim it as my own by any means... original post updated...

I dont know why but my post was made before your explanation come, I'm thinkin time zone errors. Sorry about the confusion. Anyway I still wish you luck with this build and an apology for the error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back