Jin Roh Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

SagittariusArt

Last Week i build a custom Jin Roh Pepakura Mask and Helmet, about 3 Days later i had the biggest Steps done.

This is my first Build, wich has Pictures from all Stages, from Beginning to the Final Replika.

As i said, the Pep File was a little custom, because it don´t look exactly like the Red Spectacles Version. This goes for booth Sides of it and the Air-Vents.
I´ve sealed them in the Bondo Stage.

I searched the whole Internet for Reference Pictures, but just found some low Quality Pictures, so i need to improve a little. Today i also buyed some Electronic Components from my favorite Store, very cheap Parts etc...

The Reference Pictures showed a Motherboard-Like System around the Googles, i think they are the Controls for the red Light or they should be.

ambforcesseraph-img480x400-1297358534d66hxu48216.jpg

If the final Build is perfect, i am going to mold it, so if someone is interessted in it, you can buy some. I don´t know if i am molding the Helmet too, it´s just a little custom German M42 WW2 Helmet. With Holes in it.

BTW....i don´t know how big this 5 Holes on each Side are, can someone help me with this?

Enough Talk, let the Pictures speak.

Excellent! Like you I have scoured the internet for some decent reference pictures and haven't found anything of decent quality. However, it looks as if you have overcome that with some great work! I did run across a Pepakur chest piece, and some low-def shoulders and paldrons that are not unfolded.

I will follow this with interest.

Maybe you could send me those Pep Files? Sometime i want to make a full Suite, and i know a good Unfolder^^

Also some new Pictures:

Full Primed and smooth as Ice:

jin_roh_w_i_p__by_sisko4-d3kf86t.jpg

nice smoothing indeed. Looking great ;)

Yeah, thx that you made this Modell to a Pep File and selling it^^
But as you can see, your Mask File does have a little Error, those Masks, even in the Anime, don´t have Airflow Vents. But it´s no big Thing, i like Custom Designs ;-)

BTW: Do you received my Mails? I was asking for a Preview of the 2D Window Section of some Files, so i can see how hard they are to build and how many Letters they need.

Yeah, thx that you made this Modell to a Pep File and selling it^^
But as you can see, your Mask File does have a little Error, those Masks, even in the Anime, don´t have Airflow Vents. But it´s no big Thing, i like Custom Designs ;-)

BTW: Do you received my Mails? I was asking for a Preview of the 2D Window Section of some Files, so i can see how hard they are to build and how many Letters they need.

Well the design did variate through the years. (see attachement)
And I thought my asociate handled that, i'm going to look into it.

Attachments

• face.jpg
    face.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 812
Oh? Don´t discovered that Area, but there are as good as no High Quality Pictures out there...yet. Hehehe^^

New Picture:

jin_roh_assembly_done_by_sisko4-d3kfybv.jpg

As you can see, i put a lot of eletronics Components on it.
The Reference Pictures got some of this also, but the Quality of the Pictures is very bad, but i recognized a few Parts wich are very familiar.

Just need some Detail Work on the Eyetubes, also made the Holes on the Nose (not on this Picture).

If everything goes right, i can mold it starting next Week.

nice man :) slick mask, you pulled it off!! Can't wait to see this badboy painted and ready for use :p

Some new Pictures and Molding Process done!

Just need to order new Urethan Resin, so i can cast some next Weekend.

howdy! amazing work right there! i can provide reference pics if you need them, as i have some. i run the kerberos saga blog (kerberossaga.blogspot.com) so i have reference for all mask versions (red spectacles/comic, stray dog, jin roh, tokyo war (police and military), takara midori, panzer jager etc) so let me know which versions you are after. also, if you get the sudden urge to send me samples for review on my blog don't fight it.....:)

Wow sisko this looks so smooth and well made kudos dude! I got a question about rebound 25, how much does it stretch before tearing? A reasonable amount?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back