Full size Elite

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is amazing on so many levels. I've really been wanting to pep the arbiter helmet, but I have so much on my hand between school and my ODST, I'm never gonna get to do it. I really can't wait to see this now!

This work is absolutely fantastic every single piece of it is awsome from the elite's facial work you simply the awsome posters you got hanging around... respect dude. I have to ask how exactly do you manage to get him out your doorway it at least looks like he is getting kind of heavy and he has to be very awkward to carry because he is so massive. Also suggestion, i dont expect you to do this at all but just asking in case i ever try and take on a project like this (whitch would be very far down the road i have not even started my first project because it is so expensive and i have an under-the-table bellow minimum wage job so having troubles getting necesary tools to start my own project) but any way what i wanted to ask is after you finish applying resin and hardening your absolutely spectacular pep. work.... would you be able to rig it so that all of the limbs can be manipulated like instead of it being just one stationary statue make it so you can pose him in different positions by setting hinges and what not in the joints. Or would that be to much of an undertaking and risky for possibly ruining the product to even bother?

sorry if i worded that in a confusing manner wasnt quiet sure how to ask haha

This work is absolutely fantastic every single piece of it is awsome from the elite's facial work you simply the awsome posters you got hanging around... respect dude. I have to ask how exactly do you manage to get him out your doorway it at least looks like he is getting kind of heavy and he has to be very awkward to carry because he is so massive. Also suggestion, i dont expect you to do this at all but just asking in case i ever try and take on a project like this (whitch would be very far down the road i have not even started my first project because it is so expensive and i have an under-the-table bellow minimum wage job so having troubles getting necesary tools to start my own project) but any way what i wanted to ask is after you finish applying resin and hardening your absolutely spectacular pep. work.... would you be able to rig it so that all of the limbs can be manipulated like instead of it being just one stationary statue make it so you can pose him in different positions by setting hinges and what not in the joints. Or would that be to much of an undertaking and risky for possibly ruining the product to even bother?

sorry if i worded that in a confusing manner wasnt quiet sure how to ask haha

Its alright. I think I understand what you are asking. You wanted to know if I intended to make this project moveable. I will not be making the arms or legs so that they move. I'm going to try and build it so I can remove the arms to get the elite through doors for setup. I still have armor to think about.

epic and a home security system

elites range from 7-12-even 15 ft tall there was one on you tube a wile back and i believe it was 12 feet made from Eva foam and various other types of foam although his was wearable but urs is more epic i mean who dosnt want a life scale elite in their living room that should detour thieves

thief im going to rob this place (opens door) HOLY blarg ball RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Its alright. I think I understand what you are asking. You wanted to know if I intended to make this project moveable. I will not be making the arms or legs so that they move. I'm going to try and build it so I can remove the arms to get the elite through doors for setup. I still have armor to think about.

I was just asking as to HOW you would do it.

I was just asking as to HOW you would do it.

After I attach the arms, I will cut them off. I just want them to retain some shape of the shoulder area before I work on re attaching them. I plan on building a puzzle piece that slides into the torso. This way, I can take the arms off whenever I want to move the Elite through doorways and what not.

Thanks for all the helpful comments! I spent sometime working on the ankles and applying what I refer to as bandaids. There were some holes after the resining that I patched with a small amount of fiber glass. Helped strengthen it and make him more sturdy. Planning on attaching the arm when I get some more resin. I think I've used six to eight cans so far. Oh well. :)

Spent some more time working on the ankles. They started to bend a little, but not enough to make a huge difference. I need to work a little more on the bottom of the feet, to have a solid foundation for the elite to stand on.

WP_000338.jpg

just out of complete curiousity, how much has this cost you already?

and are you going to bondo him after you are done building? and if so, how much do you think you're going to be putting into him all together?

Huuuuuhhh!!!!!....foot fed...lol die think you'd only put bond on the parts that REALYneed it, and then just focus on the armor

WOW!
this is turning great!
i always wanted to do this but never had the "courage" to start the project, its so beast
i m curious how this will end

just out of complete curiousity, how much has this cost you already?

and are you going to bondo him after you are done building? and if so, how much do you think you're going to be putting into him all together?

I don't know how much it has cost in terms of dollar amounts. That was the one thing I didn't keep track of. I keep track of how many pages, roughly. I didn't think to bondo him, but now I think I might. I know I'm putting more into it than most would, but to have him standing in a full set of arbiter armor will be awesome. Little creepy when I'm gaming against the Covenant, but I'm ok with that.
I won't bondo all of the elite, just problem areas. Mainly the feet and leg areas. The torso and head have held up nicely. Its only the feet that are holding me up.

I don't know how much it has cost in terms of dollar amounts. That was the one thing I didn't keep track of. I keep track of how many pages, roughly. I didn't think to bondo him, but now I think I might. I know I'm putting more into it than most would, but to have him standing in a full set of arbiter armor will be awesome. Little creepy when I'm gaming against the Covenant, but I'm ok with that.
I won't bondo all of the elite, just problem areas. Mainly the feet and leg areas. The torso and head have held up nicely. Its only the feet that are holding me up.

From the experience I've had with sculptures of this size, you will need more than just bondo on the feet, knees and waist to hold the weight. Time will play havoc with something this big unless you properly support it. The most effective method for carrying the weight would be to create an inner frame support. But if you are unwilling to disect the fantastic work you have done, then I would say your only other real option would be to fiberglass the entire outer shell. Make sure to add several layers at each joint, paying extra attention to the feet, knees, and waist as they will carry the bulk of the weight.

Could you post a link for all the pep files please?
alternatively, you could read through the thread, which is only 16 pages at 10 posts per page and majority of which are either pictures or posts about the length of this one...
we encourage users to look for things themselves before asking for files and such to be handed to them on a plate.

i also hope you realise how much of a project this is. it's all nice and fine to say "yeah, i've got the files and i'm gonna build an elite"
but this is a HUGE project - having unfolded the files myself and was probly one of the first people ever to pep an elite head, i can say from experience that this is NOT an easy project.

sorry if this is coming across badly...
i honestly don't like saying this to people

link is around p4 or 5 for memory

CJ

First off i want to say this is a awesome build and you are doing a great job. I had thought it would be awesome to make a elite but wasn't aware there was files now that i know who knows maybe ill try to do one myself after my armor is done.

so for the reasons im posting, very very great work.

now for the issue you are having with support, i had a idea although im not sure how it would work, so if you have a old leg for testing it might be worth looking at.

so my idea is spray foam, the kind you use for like insulation, ive seen people on the site use it for helmets where the visor sits. It expands so maybee if you buy some of that, and fill the inside completely it will give you form and strength. you might even go as far to add some chicken wire in the legs and joints to give it extra support and rigidy for the dried foam product. after that add a coat of resin on the outside and you should have a stiff solid elite.

all that being said i am a noob and have not tested this, but having used those products in the past, i think it would work as well as keep it fairly light weight which is important in a build that size. any way i hope it was helpful, but good luck no matter what method you use.

Well, I plan on fiberglassing the whole lower torso, legs and all. I've noticed how much stronger the areas I've already fiberglassed are, so I will fix those once I have enough time to get that much fiberglass. I attached the arm, and I'm waiting to get more resin.

I do understand that this isn't a small project. Having gotten this far, I must say, many, many hours have been put into this, with the assumption that many more will follow. And I haven't even begun to build the armor pieces yet, and everything will be painted.

For those paying attention, I will NOT be able to finish by the end of this year. With that said, I do plan on having it finished by the end of next year. Way before perhaps.

I would also like to thank MissingSpartan7 for the files. I couldn't have gotten this far without them, and your files work best tackled in pieces. I love how easily I've been able to attach everything so far.

CameraCapture-f23ed4ee-cd45-4934-9325-01378754e9c2.jpg

this is looking pretty awesome thus far. I can't wait to see what this will look like when its all done and painted.

I noticed you have a lot of helmets in the background... Just how many projects do you have going on at once?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back