Kaufman's Mark VI in progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaufmanp92eb

Jr Member
I have been lurking around here for a little while learning from everyone. I have been working on a mark VI suit. So far The only pieces I have had to remake are the thighs. I made one all the way through fiberglass, and the height was good but it squeezed the crap out of my leg. I resized them and have them printed, but I wanted to finish my chest piece before I started them. I have gone with all HD pieces from the pep pack. Big thanks to all who created the files. most of the files had no name on them so I cant directly thank some people, but if you recognize your files then thanks in advance. This is my first suit and I am loving it so far.
Here is pics of the chest. I just finished it minutes ago. ab plate is done as well but its at home.
062911154151.jpg

062911154215.jpg

I have one shin, one bicep, both gauntlets, both hand plates, both boots, cod piece, and helmet all fiberglassed. I wanted to get the last couple pieces peped and fiberglassed before I start bondo. I will post up more pics later when I get home.

Thanks guys. here are some pics of the stuff I already have fiberglassed.
Everything I have done so far
062911182956.jpg

062911183009.jpg

062911183027.jpg

062911183155.jpg

062911183208.jpg

062911183715.jpg

062911183733.jpg

062911183828.jpg

062911183957.jpg

062911183932.jpg

I will have the next shin and thighs done very soon. I am so excited to start the bondo process. Seeing the whole suit laid out makes me excited to put it all on. I will get some pics taken of all the pieces on me so I can get some feedback on the sizing. probably tomorrow if I get the first coat of resin on the chest. I have used smooth cast 321 inside and out with fiberglass cloth on the inside.

Update.. all my pieces are pepped and glassed. I am excited to start bondo. I do have a question. On the pieces the get split up like the chest and coddo you do it before or after bondo? I could see the advantages of doing it both ways. Just curious what people recommend. I also started on a sliced battle rifle. I will post a wip weapon thread for that.

Everything looks great! Your peps are really clean. As far as the cutting goes, I would do it after you start bondo, but before you get everything super detailed and slick. Just my opinion.

Ok it been a long time since an update. I have almost all of the suit bondo'd and painted. Still have to finish sanding the torso it gets cut tonight, and thighs. I will post some pics of the other pieces tomorrow. Today I mounted the visor in my helmet. still need to epoxy putty the gaps, and get some more detail on it. I am running out of time though. I will at least have it wearable by halloween. Unfortunately I probably wont have any leds. I am just out of time and funds. Mabey if I can find some at my work. The fan for the helm should be easy to come by, and I know I will want it. All the lights and extras will go in after halloween.
Here is a pic of the helm so far.
102011123128.jpg

102011123136.jpg

102011124007.jpg

My motorcross pressure suit is ready, along with the rest of the undersuit.
Sorry there haven't been more pics along the way. I am super bad about WIP threads. The ones on my car were the same way. mainly just before and after pics.

Took some pics this morning.
Redid the right mounts for the visor. they had a big gap thay made the whole thing look off center.
102111084828.jpg

Left boot.
Still need to figure out something to cover the center of the shoe, and finish filling the spaces around the shoe. Right is getting detail paint today and mounted on shoe tonight.
102111071317.jpg

Gauntlets.
Done for now
102111071340.jpg

102111071405.jpg

Handplate.
Both done
102111071504.jpg

Cod Piece.
Split it up into 4 sections so its easy to get on and off.
102111071611.jpg

102111071625.jpg

Left Shoulder and Bicep
Right is painted also.
102111071827.jpg

102111071836.jpg

Greaves.
Still need detail paint.
102111084901.jpg

102111084939.jpg

Pressure suit.
All the armor plates were bordered in red so I had to color them black with an acrylic paint marker.
102111071714.jpg

102111071735.jpg

Torso has been cut and buckled together. A little more sanding and its ready for paint.
Thighs need sanding, a little trimming then paint. I am debating on removing the black section on the inner thigh for a little more comfort and mobility. I wasnt sure if I would have enought time to weather everything, so I went with Hammered Metal grey paint. I like the effect it gives. Hard to see in my crappy cell phone pics. Looks like I will at least have a fan in my helm. Got some lights from my work hopefully will get them installed after I do some testing with them.

Your build is looking really good. Especially the paint job (after some of the posting I've been doing I'm realizing I'm a sucker for paint). Everything looks really good though. Can't wait to see it finished.

Some one has been busy! Nice work. Here is a link to a tutorial by Ithica using plungers for the boots. Hope it helps.:)

So I made some progress over the weekend. Torso and helmet are painted. Detail paint will go on today. Last parts to paint are the thighs. The get painted this evening. I also picked up a fan and some LEDs so I will be wiring those and padding the helm this evening. I put on the whole suit this weekend, and I must say I am happy with how its turning out. The pics I took look kinda funny because I didn't have most of the strapping done and a couple pieces werent painted when I did it. I will post pics of the full suit in a couple day when it is done. Pics of the detail paint on the helm and torso will be up later this afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back