Rogue helmet, and multiplayer build WIP (Pic Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
=.= i tried the bondo thing and its really hard for me. if it becomes that way for u i recommend magic sculpt. its and apoxy clay that sets after two hours this way u can mend it to the way you want.

Hmmm ill have to look at this stuff. But ill probably keep using bondo for now since i have a whole container of it lol

dude that is a very clean pep, ill probably do a rogue helmet too, but i also have trouble applying bondo but my 2 cents are you have to practice to get better, on your suit i bet your bondo will be awesome...cant wait to get updated

Well thanks man. I love the rogue, its what i run in Halo 3. Hence why i am making it :) and yeah i figure by the time i get done with my multiplayer suit i should be pretty good lol.

Looking pretty good. Don't be too afraid to add more bondo, but just keep the layers thin. What are you using for sanding? Because a mouse sander makes life a lot easier. Just my $0.02, but otherwise its looking pretty great.

Thanks for the compliment. And yeah i was thinking i should add a little more to see if i can smooth it out. To be honest i sanded all that by hand. My grandpa has an electric sander, i might ask him if i can borrow it :-D

Ghost2375 and Pipinacan- Thanks for the great idea, i have some old library cards laying around i can use lol TY! :D

I use a very, very fancy tool.... my hand ;) The bondo equivalent I use over here is an extra smooth version, it has the consistency of cream cheese, dries and hardens the same as normal bondo, but it is far easier to apply. I grab a wee bit in my hand, place it where I want then smooth it down with my fingers laid flat against the surface.

I also use layers only a few mm thick usually and fairly smooth pep to start with :)

You know Sute, i actually thought about using my hand lol. I might give it a shot. *shrugs* only one way to find out lol

Thank you everyone who has posted so far. Ill have an update soon. You guys rock!! Keep building!

I use a very, very fancy tool.... my hand ;) The bondo equivalent I use over here is an extra smooth version, it has the consistency of cream cheese, dries and hardens the same as normal bondo, but it is far easier to apply. I grab a wee bit in my hand, place it where I want then smooth it down with my fingers laid flat against the surface.

I also use layers only a few mm thick usually and fairly smooth pep to start with :)

I do exactly the same thing. It works as well or better than any tool I've run across.

Hey guys no update today or this week. I have to add another layer of bondo to my helm and my work schedule is all messed up from people taking vacays. oh well :) Right now it looks like it was stuck in a fire for a long time and got burned so its not very smooth. Thanks to you guys for giving me some ideas about what to use to spread the bondo to make it more smooth, ill be doing that this evening hopefully :) Ill have an update soon i promise.

that's what i said about i'm ghost and it's still on the back burner.

lol well i am actually waiting to pick up a dremel this friday or saturday and then i should be good. Have to wait till then cause thats payday for me. Im hoping to fix my mistakes i made by putting to much bondo on the outside. :) Ill post pics this weekend, im at work not and cant sorry guys.

UPDATE: Hey guys here are some pictures of me working on the helmet that i didn't realize my friend took, and also some i took of what certain areas look like that are kinda messed up. These are the areas that i will be working on this weekend when i buy my dremel. :)

Here are a view of me sanding the helmet trying to fix some of the parts where i messed up. (yeah i know i forgot to put my mask on, oops)

Sanding5.jpg

Sanding4.jpg

Sanding3.jpg

Sanding2.jpg

Now here are a few pics of some messed up areas. The reason i say they are messed up is because i applied my first layer of bondo with a brush and it left little indents on it making the helmet look like it was on fire or something. Now it did looks cool, but it was all over and waaaaaay to much so im in the process of fixing. Well here are the pics.

This is the front, you can see what i was talking about around the nose section.
9036687408489_ORIG.jpg

See it more in the back
1036687408504_ORIG.jpg

This is the topish area.
10036687408491_ORIG.jpg

This is the top part of the back that i have sanded, its not perfect but its really good compared to what it was earlier. :)
36687408494_ORIG.jpg

Well thats it for now. Ill be doing more work this weekend with my new toy. Comments are welcome :) Thanks guys and have a great day.

The sanding is coming along great. I have similar problems with my first layer of bondo. The smaller planes can be a real pain to sand sometimes. I have a balck and decker palm sander that has several attachments for small areas, but it still won't get into some areas. That is when you have to get real creative. Good luck man I'm really diggin the results.

The sanding is coming along great. I have similar problems with my first layer of bondo. The smaller planes can be a real pain to sand sometimes. I have a balck and decker palm sander that has several attachments for small areas, but it still won't get into some areas. That is when you have to get real creative. Good luck man I'm really diggin the results.

Yeah those small areas can definatly be a pain in the rear. But i bought a dremel yesterday and started in on the helmet and OMG the results are amazing. Ill be posting pictures when i get home after work later. I like getting creative, its always more fun that way :-D. Thanks for the compliments. You and some others are a great inspiration for me to keep going.

not bad but if you make another one you can use it as a battle damaged type.

lol actually Thats what i was planning on doing. I was gonna finish this one, cause trust me it will still have a lot of "battle damage" and i was gonna have a backstory to go with it. Then evetually after im finished making my armor i was gonna make another one and say that the UNSC gave me a replacement lol. Glad to see your on the same page as me :-D

Ok guys ill have pictures up today hopefully after i get off work :)

UPDATE:

Didnt wanna double post so im updating this lol

Here are the pictures i said i would post after i used the dremel.

Dremelresults5.jpg

Dremelresults4.jpg

Dremelresults3.jpg

Dremelresults2.jpg

Dremelresults1.jpg

Dremelresults6.jpg

Ill hand sand a few areas that need a little touching up, then start the painting. :)

Hey guys sorry for the double post but i have lots of pics to put up today :)

Ok so this first set of pics is the areas that need to be black. Here they are with the tape still on.

Blackparttape1.jpg

Blackparttape2.jpg

Blackparttape3.jpg

Here they are with tape off.
Blackpartnotape1.jpg

Blackpartnotape2.jpg

Blackpartnotape3.jpg

Ok now here are some pics of the helmet with a metal finish.

metalfinish2.jpg

metalfinish1.jpg

metalfinish3.jpg

metalfinish4.jpg

Ok no i have the top part thats gonna be blue here. The tape is still on in these ones. but you can see i also put some wear and tear points on here using the method i got from Starvinartist, who got it from others in the 405th, on his thread post #150. There isnt a lot on the top part really but hope you guys enjoy.

blue3.jpg

blue2.jpg

blue1.jpg

Ill be putting the red on today. so look forward to new pics up later :) Hope you all like.

Sorry for the three post in a row but i have and UPDATE! lol and lots of pictures! Well so far i am pretty much done with the helmet. i just need to get the visor and padding and other innards for it and ill be there. But the paint turned out better than i could have hoped for :)

Here is the helmet just being red before i take the tape off the blue part.
red2.jpg

Red.jpg

red3.jpg

red4.jpg

And here is the helmet after i take all the tape off and then me wearing it. I got some wear damage on it, tell me what ya guys think :). My grandma is in one of the pics its funny :)
Donepaint1.jpg

Donepaint3.jpg

Donepaint4.jpg

Donepaint2.jpg

Donepaint5.jpg

Donepaintsizetest2.jpg

Donepaintsizetest3.jpg

Donepaintsizetest1.jpg

Ok well this is it so far. I have to wait to order a visor and the stuffing lol. I will start to build my armor now :)

Im going for this look. Sorry the pic is so tiny.
Halo3ArmorRef.png

Sorry for the three post in a row but i have and UPDATE! lol and lots of pictures! Well so far i am pretty much done with the helmet. i just need to get the visor and padding and other innards for it and ill be there. But the paint turned out better than i could have hoped for :)[/IMG]

The paint turned out well. I'm glad the battle damage technique worked for you. Did you plan on weathering it at all? I think a little black wash would really bring it all together nicely. Good luck on the armor.

It looks fantastic! I love reading threads with lots of comments as it helps me get ideas of how I want to do mine. Rogue was a great choice.

Looks sick dude! great work on that helmet! I can't wait to see your armor start to be built

Thanks Pip. Ill start on it as soon as my work schedule allows. :) I cant wait to see more updates from you too!

The paint turned out well. I'm glad the battle damage technique worked for you. Did you plan on weathering it at all? I think a little black wash would really bring it all together nicely. Good luck on the armor.

Thanks Starvin :) Yes it worked wonders i think. Yeah i plan on weathering it sometime this next week if i can. I have to read into a little more before i start. My friend has some black i can use so it should work out great :) And thanks.

It looks fantastic! I love reading threads with lots of comments as it helps me get ideas of how I want to do mine. Rogue was a great choice.

Thanks man! I'm glad you enjoy reading threads for ideas and such. I do as well. Yeah rogue is my favorite, its what i wear in Halo 3 :-D

The black wash is a very simple process. The way I learned was by watching this video I orginialy saw on NickNackPattyWack's reach thread.

The black wash is about half way to 2/3 of the way through the video.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would have to say, the scaling is spot on :D

Thanks man. I was not so sure at first, But the more i put it on the more i like it. I just really need to get the inside padding so it doesn't turn on my head if i turn to fast lol.

The black wash is a very simple process. The way I learned was by watching this video I orginialy saw on NickNackPattyWack's reach thread.

The black wash is about half way to 2/3 of the way through the video.

Thanks very much sir. I appreciate it a lot. I just got some black acrylic so possibly in the next few days ill be going that :)

you got my painting down to the point.

Thanks bro. Glad you like it :)

@M3entalrock- Thanks man. Yeah its my favorite from the Halo 3 game. And I wanna do an ODST one as well. Ill have to check out yours.

UPDATE-

Hey guys, sorry this is just an update letting you all know my armor and helmet are kinda on standstill at the moment. I just finished moving and have to get everything organized. There will be an update soon though i promise. Until then, happy making and have a wonderful day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back