Rogue helmet, and multiplayer build WIP (Pic Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mstruvmgc

Sr Member
Hey guys and gals,

Sorry it has taken so long for me to finally put this up but i have been having issues with my computer. It likes me today though so im taking advantage of it. Well here is my rogue helmet by NZ-TK i have been working on for the past week or two.

Ok so here are all the pieces cut out ready to be put together.
Allpiecesunpepped.jpg

Here are some different views of the pepping process.
Backviewbuildingprocess.jpg

Frontviewbuildingprocess.jpg

Lsideviewbuildingprocess.jpg

And the completed pep without visor, and size test. Then one with visor
Frontdone.jpg

Leftdone.jpg

Rightdone-1.jpg

Frontsizetest.jpg

Rightsizetest.jpg

Helmetscale.jpg

Frontwithvisor.jpg

Sorry for double post. lots of pics

Now onto resin. Remember safety first.
safteyme.jpg

Rresin.jpg

Lresin.jpg

Lmoreresin.jpg

Rmoreresin.jpg

Frontcompresin.jpg

Backcompresin.jpg

rcompresin.jpg

Lcompresin.jpg

Rondo.
Rondo.jpg

Ok and now this is where i am at so far. i just primed it Tuesday night.
Fprimer.jpg

Rprimer.jpg

Lprimer.jpg

Backprimer.jpg

Well that is all i have for now. i hope to be able to work on it this week. I have work all week so we shall see. Sorry for so many pics but this is my first time doing this and i may have gotten carried away. lol Anyways thanks for looking ill keep updating when i have more :) later.

P.S. the pics were taken with my phone so they are not best of quality. sorry lol

Looking good so far. :) Are you going to Bondo it to smooth out the blocky sides or just leave it as is?

And your photos are very good, even for being taken with a phone! Most people who use their phones post very blurry and bright shots that you can barely see anything in. It's a small pet peeve of mine, especially in this day and age where dedicated digital cameras are usually cheaper than phones, and have way better quality! ;)

One last thing:

There's a BIG difference between "Rogue" and "Rouge". (I know you got it right in your first post, but the thread title is wrong).

Very cool, its coming along nicely. Dont see to many Rouge's around here. I look forward to it being completed.

Thanks man, me too lol.

Looking good so far. :) Are you going to Bondo it to smooth out the blocky sides or just leave it as is?

And your photos are very good, even for being taken with a phone! Most people who use their phones post very blurry and bright shots that you can barely see anything in. It's a small pet peeve of mine, especially in this day and age where dedicated digital cameras are usually cheaper than phones, and have way better quality! ;)

One last thing:

There's a BIG difference between "Rogue" and "Rouge". (I know you got it right in your first post, but the thread title is wrong).

I plan on bondoing it to smooth out some of it this week when i get time.Yeah i hate the blurry pictures too. Yeah i realized I spelled it wrong that after i started the thread lol. Thanks for the compliment btw :) Ill try to keep updated as much as possible.

I'm not sure how many people know this... it doesn't say on google or in any forums, but you can rename your threads. Through about an hour's exploration of 405th, I found that if you double click the little label icon to the right of your thread name (In "Find all started threads" on your profile page), you can rename it. Mine said "JFO Helmwt WIP" which I have since corrected XD.

I'm not sure how many people know this... it doesn't say on google or in any forums, but you can rename your threads. Through about an hour's exploration of 405th, I found that if you double click the little label icon to the right of your thread name (In "Find all started threads" on your profile page), you can rename it. Mine said "JFO Helmwt WIP" which I have since corrected XD.

Sweet thanks lol ill be doing that now :)

Very nice helmet so far. Looking forward to seeing your progress on this project.

Thanks very much. After the helmet comes the armor muhahahaha lol

Hey guys here an update. I have bondoed some of the outside and thought id share with ya. I will be sanding/ bondoing more if need be. I gotta say its actually harder than it looks. :)

Bondofront.jpg

Bondoright.jpg

Bondoleft.jpg

Bondoright.jpg

Small update folks. I started sanding and this is where i am so far. Tell me what you guys think. :) Sorry if cant see much detail. its still camera on phone.

oh and i have a question to you all kinda. what instrument did you use to apply the bondo to the outside of the helmet?? i used a brush and it leaves a lot of gaps. Any tips would be wonderful :)

Sandedfr.jpg

Sandedfl.jpg

Sandedback.jpg

Attachments

• Bondoright.jpg
    Bondoright.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 250
not bad my friend not bad at all. hell my recon and EOC looks like you'res in some ways too.

For spreading out the bondo you can use a putty tool. Kinda like a thin sheet of steel. Even a strong old credit card could do the trick!

=.= i tried the bondo thing and its really hard for me. if it becomes that way for u i recommend magic sculpt. its and apoxy clay that sets after two hours this way u can mend it to the way you want. a lot of pro s in the elite section of here use it as well thats where i found it. :] i myself tho used plasteline clay for my base to make a plastic one later.

use an old credit card, place the long edge down firmly on the helmet and drag the bondo to it's delicious smoothy places it needs to go! won't be perfectly smooth, but that's how you apply it

Looking pretty good. Don't be too afraid to add more bondo, but just keep the layers thin. What are you using for sanding? Because a mouse sander makes life a lot easier. Just my $0.02, but otherwise its looking pretty great.

I use a very, very fancy tool.... my hand ;) The bondo equivalent I use over here is an extra smooth version, it has the consistency of cream cheese, dries and hardens the same as normal bondo, but it is far easier to apply. I grab a wee bit in my hand, place it where I want then smooth it down with my fingers laid flat against the surface.

I also use layers only a few mm thick usually and fairly smooth pep to start with :)

dude that is a very clean pep, ill probably do a rogue helmet too, but i also have trouble applying bondo but my 2 cents are you have to practice to get better, on your suit i bet your bondo will be awesome...cant wait to get updated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back