i need help with bioshock 2 for pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

soul products

hey guys i recently bought bioshock 2 for pc but im having issues. when i launch the game i make it past the copyright screens and almost to the title page but the game ALWAYS freezes. ive un-installed and reinstalled several times but nothing works. does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

If you post your OS and computer specs, it'd be a lot easier to identify the problem. I have Bioshock 2 also, and had similar problems at first.

what did you do to fix it?
ill post them if nothing else works

Mine wasn't working because Windows Firewall kept blocking it from accessing Games for Windows LIVE (a connection to GfWL is required to play). Although it froze at the main menu, so it had already passed the stuff beforehand.

its not the firewall because i have halo 2 set on my computer and ive used GfWL before.

heres my system specs:
AMD Phenom II X3 710 processor 2.60 GHz
4 GB memory
64 bit system
Nvidia Geforce GTX 260 video card

anyone know why this isnt working?

Okay, first, see if the exe launcher is allowed in your firewall settings. It could just be that specific game.

Second, try running Halo 2 again, I know you said GfWL was okay, but try booting it up just to be sure.

Third, did you download any of the DLC as well? This is a common problem of a corrupted DLC installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back